The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

My guess is

C1: 64 for an A
C2: 65 for an A (this might be MUCH higher)
M1: 63 for an A

But anyway. No one knows.
(edited 11 years ago)
Think I'll get at least 90 UMS with 71/75?
Original post by JohnSimmons
I'm pretty sure I've got 74/75 on this paper (missed out the second value of cos2x)

How many UMS do people think that 74/75 will be?

98 ums
Original post by zzz.
For the factor theorem question, how many marks would i get if i used the remainder theorem?

preetty sure they are exactly the same thing.. just sub in values
Original post by ash-stan
Looking at all the Mark schemes now I think I've got a secure A in c1 and s1, and a high B in c2, should it all average out to an A?

if they're all weighted the same, you would get an a. common sense
Original post by MWTR
I found this paper annoying as it was too easy, grade boundaries will be very high, but as I was taking 5 maths modules I didn't do much for C2 as I find it pretty easy, I didn't actually learn the proof, I went through a couple of stages of working but yeah I just couldn't remember it. I think I may have got 70 or 71 out of 75 as a result, which may be below the 90UMS to be predicted an A* for A2, So I can't apply for the courses I want. I would have preferred a harder paper

you sound so arrogant
Original post by sdhanu
Suppose i lost around 3 marks in my paper what will my final UMS mark be???????
Please can someone tell me

94 ums if 70/75 is 90ums
Original post by lastimeacer18
Hey, where can i find an unofficial mark scheme for the May 24th Edexcel C2 paper?

Thanks in advance

its in the opening thread
:dontknow:
Can't see it being any higher than 67 for an A probably about 65/66. Just think of all the people who wouldnt have been able to prove the equation. And its not as if you can gain half marks for it, you either know it or you don't, so for most thats 4 marks lost straight away. Again the Trig question wouldv'e thrown many people off and even the area under the curve wouldv'e caused problems.
Original post by Arsey
You should lose 1 accuracy mark

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

hi arsey sorry one quick question do we need to know how to prove the quotient rule formula or not?
Reply 791
Original post by otrivine
hi arsey sorry one quick question do we need to know how to prove the quotient rule formula or not?

no.

Original post by Dubai Nan Bread
Can't see it being any higher than 67 for an A probably about 65/66. Just think of all the people who wouldnt have been able to prove the equation. And its not as if you can gain half marks for it, you either know it or you don't, so for most thats 4 marks lost straight away. Again the Trig question wouldv'e thrown many people off and even the area under the curve wouldv'e caused problems.

*would've, but I completely agree with you, people could have easily messed up on the sin2x one, the area question (Like I did), the proof and the perimeter question, lots of my friends said that they found the area of the triangle/ or didn't add everything up after finding the arc length
(edited 11 years ago)
i honestly finished that paper in like 20mins...
this was a VERY EASY paper but you still have to consider that everyone takes C2 at this time, in may. the retakes and the first time people (which means some of the blondes), so i think the boundaries would be normal, so like 62 for an A.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by cooldudeman
this was a VERY EASY paper but you still have to consider that everyone takes C2 at this time, in may. the retakes and the first time people (which means the blondes), so i think the boundaries would be normal, so like 62 for an A.

why are you referring to the people taking it for the first time as the blondes?
Original post by sarahjames123
why are you referring to the people taking it for the first time as the blondes?

lol you offended?
lol you offended?

no i am not because it is just stupid! i did C2 for the first time just gone and pretty sure i got 74 and i'm sure i'm not the only one. don't mean to brag but you should not assume the ones taking it for the first time are stupid in anyway
Original post by sarahjames123
no i am not because it is just stupid! i did C2 for the first time just gone and pretty sure i got 74 and i'm sure i'm not the only one. don't mean to brag but you should not assume the ones taking it for the first time are stupid in anyway

im not, this was my first time doing C2 and im sure im pretty sure i've got 100.
i meant some stupid people take it at this time.
im not, this was my first time doing C2 and im sure im pretty sure i've got 100.
i meant some stupid people take it at this time.

ok fair enough but there's also some less clever people retaking it at this time hence why they are retaking it so you really should think before you write
Original post by 0range
no.

*would've, but I completely agree with you, people could have easily messed up on the sin2x one, the area question (Like I did), the proof and the perimeter question, lots of my friends said that they found the area of the triangle/ or didn't add everything up after finding the arc length

so in c3 what formulas do we need to prove if they ask?

Latest

Trending

Trending