The Student Room Group

I can't help how I feel

I just really need some advice, I never really tell people this sort of stuff and that approach doesn't seem to be helping so here goes;
I really, like really really like this girl (I am a girl myself and have never felt this way before). I have to see her everyday at college and quite a lot of the time have to watch myself either make an arse out of myself or shy away from her out of fear of making an arse of myself. One extra problem is that she has a girlfriend herself and so quite often I have to watch them together whilst pretending to everyone around me who are oblivious to my situation that everything is fine. It really really isn't
I know the easy option would be to forget about her, but I can't so I need other options?
Please be nice :tongue:
Do you talk to her? If not, I guess that's the first step.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 2
Original post by qwerty_mad
Do you talk to her? If not, I guess that's the first step.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Mhm, I do from time to time. But then as soon as she is with her girlfriend it doesn't make a difference how much we have talked.
Reply 3
Yeah, I keep telling myself things exactly along those lines. It is just so hard to carry on pretending like nothing is wrong when I know there is little hope that something will happen. Thankyou though :smile:
Reply 4
I have started a diary, any other suggestions?
Reply 5
wait until they have a row and then convince her the girlfriend is no good - other than that not much you can do :/
Reply 6
Be a friend to her. Be someone she can always chat to/have fun around! She will always value you as a friend and companion then and, if things take a turn for a worse with her girlfriend, you will be there to comfort her. At that point (or shortly after) tell her how you feel.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending