The Student Room Group

Mcdonalds Interview Panic!

Scroll to see replies

is it easy to get along with the crew members??,
Reply 101
How you guys enjoying it?
Where I work some of the crew members have some mega-issues which they need to resolve. Aside from that it's going good but it does get boring and your mind tends to go numb after two weeks.
wtfz, i just had a interview with maccies and it was harder than expected!!, i didnt even prepare.. it said it would be 15 minz.. but it lasted for 45 minz :s-smilie:!!!, she read through all of my cv discussing everything and also my application form. didnt do any on jab assesments just interview, what can you bring to mcdonalds?, why would you quit?, what happens if a machine breaks e.t.c.. i ansered them fluently enough.. but when she asked about gcses e.t.c. she was like U did well and i shud have been like yeah it shows my commitment that i can bring e.t.c!!!!!!
mr_Cricket
wtfz, i just had a interview with maccies and it was harder than expected!!, i didnt even prepare.. it said it would be 15 minz.. but it lasted for 45 minz :s-smilie:!!!, she read through all of my cv discussing everything and also my application form. didnt do any on jab assesments just interview, what can you bring to mcdonalds?, why would you quit?, what happens if a machine breaks e.t.c.. i ansered them fluently enough.. but when she asked about gcses e.t.c. she was like U did well and i shud have been like yeah it shows my commitment that i can bring e.t.c!!!!!!

45 MINUTES???! Mine was 15...lol. And I didn't get interogated like you were over your CV. Best of luck!
TheGreatest21
45 MINUTES???! Mine was 15...lol. And I didn't get interogated like you were over your CV. Best of luck!

lol cheerz. I got the job anyways haha :smile:
Reply 106
I had a job interview and OJE with McDonalds today. The whole process only took 15 mins. For the OJE I was asked to hand out balloons to the children. Then I had a 10 minute interview with the manager.

I think it went well. I will hear by Tuesday if I got the job. I am fully flexible and smiled throughout. Do I have much of a chance? I heard from someone that if you got the interview you got the job, but I haven't been told straight away like some people have on here. Hope I don't get rejected.
saenaru
I had a job interview and OJE with McDonalds today. The whole process only took 15 mins. For the OJE I was asked to hand out balloons to the children. Then I had a 10 minute interview with the manager.

I think it went well. I will hear by Tuesday if I got the job. I am fully flexible and smiled throughout. Do I have much of a chance? I heard from someone that if you got the interview you got the job, but I haven't been told straight away like some people have on here. Hope I don't get rejected.

I got told straight away, but they were keen to get people working as soon as possible because of the longer opening hours. If you think it went well and they seemed interested then you've probably got the job. Good luck. :biggrin:

As for crew members (above post), most of the ones at my restaurant have been great. I've only done two shifts but they've all been helpful and seem like a good laugh. Couple of them (especially kitchen people) seem to be a bit quieter, haven't met anyone horrible yet though.
Reply 108
I didn't get the job. Just got the rejection e-mail. I did so well at the interview too. What went wrong? :frown:
Reply 109
saenaru
I didn't get the job. Just got the rejection e-mail. I did so well at the interview too. What went wrong? :frown:

You're entitled to feedback if you fail an interview, so just ask them.
saenaru

what position were you applying? and when did you sent your application?
ive got the job.. had induction 6 days ago, and on that induction they said they will contact me soon (first day) so when will this be?, is it usualy 2 weeks after induction when you first start??
Reply 112
ahmadjan3
what position were you applying? and when did you sent your application?

I applied for Crew Member last week online. Got the interview for yesterday, got rejected by e-mail today. I was flexible, available for any shift and very enthusiastic. They still rejected me.
saenaru
I applied for Crew Member last week online. Got the interview for yesterday, got rejected by e-mail today. I was flexible, available for any shift and very enthusiastic. They still rejected me.

i applied last week as well they havent replied yet:frown: what area are you i am in london

what happens in the interview? what qeustion do they ask?
Reply 114
ahmadjan3
i applied last week as well they havent replied yet:frown: what area are you i am in london

What are your hobbies/interests. Background about you. How you would handle some situations. Bit of info about the working environment. Questions about the job - how would you treat a customer.. etc.. you'll be fine if you know how to talk to members of the public and work as a team and learn quickly
Reply 115
rt
What are your hobbies/interests. Background about you. How you would handle some situations. Bit of info about the working environment. Questions about the job - how would you treat a customer.. etc.. you'll be fine if you know how to talk to members of the public and work as a team and learn quickly

I did well and they were impressed, but still rejected me. You don't always get the job.
Reply 116
Do you need to bring your qualification certificates at any stage??
Marchessa
Do you need to bring your qualification certificates at any stage??

You mean like educational ones? Highly doubt it if you're going for a crew member. I don't even have any yet and I still got hired.
Reply 118
Guess what? I have yet ANOTHER interview for McDonalds today, a different restaurant from the one I got rejected at. I applied for this restaurant months ago online and they phoned me to come in for an interview a few days ago. What do you think of my chances? 2nd time lucky?
Reply 119
ahmadjan3

I am in the Midlands. I applied online.

First I had to do an On Job Evaluation. They got me giving out balloons to the kids accompanied by an employee.

In the interview they asked me what shifts I could do, what hours, why I left one of my previous jobs, have I ever been in a situation in a job when it's been busy, have I worked in a team, has someone in the team not been so good and what I did to change that.

I thought the interview went well, I had a bit of a laugh with the manager, etc, but I still got rejected.

I have another interview today for a different store. I'll let you know how it goes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending