The Student Room Group

Anyone else find it frustrating to find jobs?

Out of the plethora of jobs I've applied for, I only received a response from McDonalds inviting me for an interview.

To make it worse, I went to the interview and got told the hiring manager wasn't there. When rescheduled for another time, they weren't there then either, so I withdrew my application.

Does anyone have any tips or advice of good places to work or how to get more interviews?

Much appreciated
Original post by jxrntx
Out of the plethora of jobs I've applied for, I only received a response from McDonalds inviting me for an interview.

To make it worse, I went to the interview and got told the hiring manager wasn't there. When rescheduled for another time, they weren't there then either, so I withdrew my application.

Does anyone have any tips or advice of good places to work or how to get more interviews?

Much appreciated

personally i like going into places and asking if there are any jobs available! it's a lot more personal than a name on a screen and shows confidence. it also means that if there is any available, it's an instant reply and the opportunity of an interview on the day. the last job i got in hospitality was through a friend who if they recommended somebody for the job, and that somebody stayed in the job for two months, both people would get £250. it's quite a good initiative i believe that some companies do. so it's definitely worth asking friends near where you live if they've heard of their own workplaces doing that.

also yeah unfortunately that's a story i've heard about mcdonalds before. i used to have quite a few friends working there and they liked it for sure (one may even still work there) but you certainly deserve a job where they give prospective employees the time of day :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending