The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I finished english lit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WOOHOOO!
No revision for me today
Tomorrow i'm so gonna regret it :biggrin:
Reply 2501
Just had a nosebleed.....I never get nosebleeds - It must be my brain's sheer relief that English Literature is over :biggrin:
Original post by CharlieBoardman
1a) I think you will have got a couple of marks for that for saying that it is the Mg ions which harden the water, and for saying you get a precipitate of magnesium carbonate.

1c) this was only a 1 mark answer, and because you mentioned water evaporated at 100C, I think you'll get the mark.

1d) you'll get a mark for describing the trend of the graph, and the trend of what should be expected. To get the other marks I think you may have had to quote numbers on the graph.

3b) sorry, I cannot remember the question! :colondollar: please remind me :biggrin:

4b) this looks ok! You've mentioned the difference in pH and ionisation. I think you may have had to quote an example pH for a strong and a weak acid. But I think that would be a bit picky. I forgot to mention ionisation in my answer to that one. So I lost a stupid mark there O.o

5bii) I think this is ok too. I think they wanted to see something about detecting smaller changes, or measuring to smaller decimal places, but your answer seems correct to me.

Overall, you don't seem to have dropped that many marks in those questions - only a few! I wouldn't worry about it too much :smile: you'll have done fine :biggrin:

3b) Electronic Structure of Transition Metals giving Chemical Similarities etc.

for 4b) I said Strong Acid = 2, Weak Acid = 5 :tongue:
So hopefully.. I think C2 may have been a nightmare although I don't know unless I see what others put :tongue:
Reply 2503
Original post by lil-mazie
I finished english lit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WOOHOOO!
No revision for me today
Tomorrow i'm so gonna regret it :biggrin:

I haven't got any exams until Tuesday so I'm okay for the moment I think :smile:

Physics is okay, I'll just do a couple more past papers
English Language... can't do much really...
Maths - a few more practice papers
History - Ah..Well.. Let's not talk about history
Reply 2504
Original post by Teja_96
thats a good plan - write it down quick!!!!
how was english?

lol - maybe I will :biggrin:
Alright I think, my favourite poem came up, yourself?
Economics tomorrow. Last ever economics exam :frown:

And it's my birthday tomorrow...not sure if I should be ":smile:" or ":frown:"
Reply 2506
Original post by g.k.galloway
lol - maybe I will :biggrin:
Alright I think, my favourite poem came up, yourself?

meh -_- okay... but the unseen poem was good
Reply 2507
Original post by usycool1

your sad about your last ever econ exam... I'm taking it next year hopefulllyyy

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FOR TOMORROW!!!
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2011251

UNOFFICIAL MARK SCHEME STILL IN MAKING PM ME YOUR ANWERS/ QUESTIONS
I haven't got any exams until Tuesday so I'm okay for the moment I think :smile:

Physics is okay, I'll just do a couple more past papers
English Language... can't do much really...
Maths - a few more practice papers
History - Ah..Well.. Let's not talk about history

Lol about history, by the way are you doing linear or modular for maths?
Original post by blueray
I did conflict :biggrin: The unseen was about conflict, so was more comfortable with that :biggrin:
I talked about the childs feelings, what the poet intended and how the varying sentence length represents the childs erratic emotions etc :biggrin:

oh, there was tons to talk about!
I said about the use of stars falling on his floor is like his life crumbling in on a place which he thought he could be safe and secure in and how it could represent his dreams and hopes have fallen. I duno. Also the use of juxtapostion and caesura

I am sad about it. It was a great, interesting subject, and I hope you enjoy it next year :biggrin:

Thanks a lot! :biggrin:
Reply 2512
Original post by Teja_96
meh -_- okay... but the unseen poem was good

Yeh it was, I'm glad it was short.
Reply 2513
Yeh it was, I'm glad it was short.

yeah
Original post by usycool1

Why would you hate your birthday? and I'm quite pleased that I have just had my last English exam.

Taking Economics too, sucha good subject I really enjoy it! Where are you going to Sixth Form?
Original post by RachelAnne96
Anybody any ideas on if I would be marked down for not actually comparing the two poems in the lit exam today? I know AO3 only counts as 10% but I wrote about them separately by accident :confused:

I know that some marks are for acknowledging that each poem does thinks differently, although if your analysis is good then you should be ok.
Reply 2517
Original post by lil-mazie
Lol about history, by the way are you doing linear or modular for maths?

yeh history is not going too well...

Linear, just got the one calc and one non calc. You?
Reply 2518
Original post by tom_elsey
Taking Economics too, sucha good subject I really enjoy it! Where are you going to Sixth Form?

I'm staying at the school i'm at, Its really good and I love it there. You?
Original post by must try harder.
Good :smile: yeah everyone in my year thought it went pretty well, i did the character and voice cluster. I was SO relieved when Ozymandias came up, I compared it with the River God - did anyone else? Unseen poetry was good too, although I was writing at warp speed by the end :s-smilie:

I also did character and voice, I was literally jumping of my seat when Ozymandias came up too :') But i compared it with les grands seingeurs.

Latest