The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Shields56
Hello everyone,
I'm in Year11 and I just thought I'd join this, it's a nice break from revision. I have done the odd post here or there on this thread before but this is my new account, I was having some problems accessing the other one!
So when do you guys go on study leave?

i still have ageees to go... 31st of may! :tongue:
you?
Original post by sophiekutie
i would say B because the heat energy is needed to break the bonds and is given out when they are made. :smile:

Original post by usycool1
B as energy is required to break bonds (endothermic) and energy is released when bonds are made (exothermic) :smile:

I thought that energy was released when bonds were broken, as energy holding the bonds was no longer required, meaning that it was exothermic...?

Btw Sophie I saw your original response, which is what I also thought.
Reply 382
took me a while to realise you were all here. ^_^
Original post by justanotherindigo
The thing is that multiple choice requires a lot more revision!
Good Luck!:biggrin: x

wow really..? i find structured soo much harder!! multiple choice is a doddle if you can really focus on it logically! :wink: x
Original post by usycool1
I am a huge Pakistani fan :biggrin: I and the OP of the IPL thread usually have a bit of banter whenever Pakistan-India matches are approaching :tongue:

Before the Pakistan-India match in the Asia Cup, I kept going on to my friends about how we would thrash you (India). I was very embarrassed when we lost then :colondollar:

Who's your favourite player? :smile:

It has to be Sachin Tendulkar haha. Yours? I hope there will be a Pakistan India series coming up soon, that is what I am waiting for. That was a very good match, both teams played very well but Kohli stole the show with an unbelievable innings.
Reply 385
i still have ageees to go... 31st of may! :tongue:
you?

Snap! It's so annoying, do you know if anyone in your year is planning to do any pranks on the last day etc? :wink:
Original post by elliebray
took me a while to realise you were all here. ^_^

Did you know that face is on the Chinese keyboard?
Original post by PrinceUpsb
I thought that energy was released when bonds were broken, as energy holding the bonds was no longer required, meaning that it was exothermic...?

Btw Sophie I saw your original response, which is what I also thought.

must admit i changed my response but wasn't sure...
bond breaking IS endothermic... so i think that does make my original response right... sorry about the confusion? x
Snap! It's so annoying, do you know if anyone in your year is planning to do any pranks on the last day etc? :wink:

really! cool! ermm not sure to be honest :s what about you?

whereabouts are you? i'm in Essex :P xxx
Reply 389
Hey :smile: just thought I'd say hi, only found this website the other day and so far it seems pretty awesome! Yeah so I'm in year 11, which is why I'm posting here :P what exams have you guys already had? I've had French reading and listening and citizenship :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by xAlice95
Hey :smile: just thought I'd say hi, only found this website the other day and so far it seems pretty awesome! Yeah so I'm in year 11, which is why I'm posting here :P what exams have you guys already had? I've had French reading and listening and citizenship :smile:

Heya:smile:
Well, I'm starting on Monday with Citizenship, and then English Lit:sigh:
What exams have you got this week? x

Ohh nice! You an Essex girl:biggrin:
I'm a North Londoner:tongue:
Reply 392
must admit i changed my response but wasn't sure...
bond breaking IS endothermic... so i think that does make my original response right... sorry about the confusion? x

Yeah bond breaking is endothermic, my teacher tells us to remember it by 'Mexico bends' the m in Mexico stands for making and 'exico' kinda sounds like Exo so exothermic then the b in bends stands for breaking and 'ends' kinda sounds like endo lol

Reply 393
Heya:smile:
Well, I'm starting on Monday with Citizenship, and then English Lit:sigh:
What exams have you got this week? x

I've got English lit next week too. I have the first English lit paper on Tuesday then the second one on Thursday and I also have chemistry on Thursday :smile: do you like english lit? I think other than French (which I've already done) English both lit and Lang are the ones I'm most worried about!

Reply 394

Weird I'm an essex girl too:tongue:
I think a few people are planning things but I guess I'll have to wait and see if they actually go through with it!
My school is so uptight that they will probably cancel our prom if we do any pranks, loads of people have already been suspended for the smallest things:s-smilie:
Ohh nice! You an Essex girl:biggrin:
I'm a North Londoner:tongue:

haha don't judge me!!
I swear i'm probably the palest person in Essex! xD
ahh that's cool! My dad's a north londoner! :wink:
Original post by xAlice95
I've got English lit next week too. I have the first English lit paper on Tuesday then the second one on Thursday and I also have chemistry on Thursday :smile: do you like english lit? I think other than French (which I've already done) English both lit and Lang are the ones I'm most worried about!

Yay!
I think that we are doing the same English exam:smile:
I really like English Literature but I HATE English Language!:biggrin:
But I am worried sick about the exam! Currently revising for it:s-smilie:
It's really nice to see a new comer on this thread:wink:
Weird I'm an essex girl too:tongue:
I think a few people are planning things but I guess I'll have to wait and see if they actually go through with it!
My school is so uptight that they will probably cancel our prom if we do any pranks, loads of people have already been suspended for the smallest things:s-smilie:

yeah i know what you mean! there have been some great ones in the past at my school though so we'd really have to go for it to top them!
that's so wierd! haha creepy if we went to the same school or something :cool: :biggrin:
haha don't judge me!!
I swear i'm probably the palest person in Essex! xD
ahh that's cool! My dad's a north londoner! :wink:

LOOOL! I am not judging you:biggrin:
WOW! Differentiation is cool:tongue:
North London is pretty much ok...
If you don't mind me asking, what ends does your daddy come from??:cool:
Reply 399
anybody have any useful websites for An Inspector calls or books I could buy (preferably an A lvl one as apparently the GCSE one is only up to C grade standard)

Latest