The Student Room Group

Could Men live without Football??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Definitely not.
I do believe men and women have lived for thousands of years without the game of football.
Reply 22
Original post by xxEmzJanexx
Come on Guys, be honest :smile:

Possibly, depends on the situation.

Also, try not to ask such an open question in future, because it appears we have a government debate on our hands, and everyone's not answering your question :/
I could.

I HATE football. Why does no one else share my pain?
Reply 24
Original post by xxEmzJanexx
live without Football
*Dies*

But in all seriousness, I don't enjoy watching any sports. Playing them, on the other hand :colone:...

Original post by HighwayUnicorn
I could.

I HATE football. Why does no one else share my pain?

Worry not, my brother. You're never alone.*Runs off to play football*
(edited 11 years ago)
Definetely. I have lived without it for most of my life. The reason being is because watching professional football is boring and total crap :biggrin:
Playing can be fun if it's just for a bit of fun and not too competitive. I rarely play it though.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 26
This is a bit of an inane question. You ask if men can live without football? Of course they can. Will most willingly choose to? Probably not.
Reply 27
Original post by dean01234
I could... But I detest watching it.

Running up and down for 90 mins, and maybe if you are lucky 3-4 times in a game something exciting happens.

I think it would be different if I had a team to support and had supported them from a young age but alas I do not.

Have you ever played it?
Original post by spocckka
Have you ever played it?

Yes...

Re-read my post VERY carefully, you may notice that I said I detest watching football.

I enjoy playing it, but won't watch it.
Reply 29
The world would be a better place without it.
Provided Cricket and Rugby continue to exist I'd probably survive.
no
Original post by dean01234
I could... Because I detest watching it.

Running up and down for 90 mins, and maybe if you are lucky 3-4 times in a game something exciting happens.

I think it would be different if I had a team to support and had supported them from a young age but alas I do not.

Original post by Blob2491
I'm living proof that it's possible

Hi-5 I also dislike football, though I will make an exception for watching England at the Euro's and UEFA world cup - it is fun to support your country in a sport, as its rare unlike the countless leagues there are.
Quite easily have other sports such as basketball, cricket and american football as well as surfing :tongue: Besides after today's travesty of a Champions league made me like football that much less. Need to adopt same system as NBA,NHL and MLB of more then one game so a team cant fluke their way to the trophy and the best team actually wins.
Reply 34
If I didn't start watching football from a young age, I would not like as much as I do today.

Back then I couldn't give two ****s about it. After getting hooked from a young age you can't really stop though and so its grown on me.
The men who don't have football have lots of cock.
Reply 36
Yes, imo we would just follow another sport like cricket (IPL) or rugby or any other sport. However most wouldnt want that to happen
Could women live without makeup?
Before men could come into existence the right conditions had to arise which meant that aswell as oxygen water and football which paradoxically came into existence before men many scientists have theorised how this is possible but no one has a definitive answer
Yes, as there is cricket in the summer (and winter tours), and this country still has lovely beer.

Quick Reply

Latest