The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Have you done much revision for it?
Name: TheUnderCOVER
GCSEs (Subjects): Triple science, english lit+language, Art, Geography, Urdu, ICT, maths
Predictions: 9A*s 1B
A-Levels: Maths, Biology, Chemistry, Geography
Results: So far A* in Maths and A in english language :biggrin:
Original post by TheUnderCOVER
GCSEs (Subjects): Triple science, english lit+language, Art, Geography, Urdu, ICT, maths

How can you predict 9A*s and 1B and have an A in English Language?
Original post by Dalek1099

They already have the other two, their predictions are for what they haven't had results for.
Original post by shadab786ahmed
They already have the other two, their predictions are for what they haven't had results for.

Yeah but they listed maths and english language in their subjects which amounts to 10. So for him to be predicted 10 grades they need to include maths and english language. So Dalek is right. Something fishy is going on!
Original post by Dalek1099

Care to elaborate on our discovery? Will help before I edit the front page.
BTW EVERYONE!

I will change the front page to include all those who posted after all my exams are over since I have a lot! Please bear with me.

Expect to have it updated by the end of the month.
Reply 187
Mornin' :holmes:

Name: Mazzini
GCSEs (Subjects): English Lit, English Lang, Maths, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Latin, Classical Greek, History
Predictions: N/A Although hopefully mostly A*s and a few As (mainly in sciences)
Already achieved: French (A*) and Music (A*) - both taken last year (Y10)
A-Levels: History, French, Music and Latin
Results: Let's wait and see... :holmes:
Name: EnviroProtector
GCSE's: Core Science, Additional Science, English Lit, English Lang, Maths, RE, History, German, Food Technology, Art Photography, Dida ICT.
Predictions: 4A's and 6B's and a Pass in ICT (I hope to get 5 A's though, crossing my fingers! though B's are pretty good enough for me!!)
A Levels: Biology, Chemistry, Environmental Science and Classical Civilisation
GCSE results: B in Core science and the rest TBC

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
(edited 11 years ago)
Hey guys :biggrin:

Name: Graceyyyyyyy
GCSEs (Subjects): English lit, English lang, Dual award science, General studies, Maths, History, Graphics, Drama, Religious studies
Predictions: Mine are really low in comparison to what I've been getting so far so lets leave that bit :tongue:
A-Levels: English lit, Biology, Chemistry, History
Results: Well we'll find that out in August...
Name: Handy Man Moe

GCSEs (Subjects): Biology, Chemistry, Physics, English Language, English Literature, Psychology, Religious Studies, Mathematics, Statistics, Additional Maths, Geography, Geography iGCSE, Philisophy, NCFE Certificate in Enterpise - Equivalent to a B at GCSE Economics

Predictions:
1) Biology (Predicted: A*)
2) Chemistry (Predicted: A*)
3) Physics (Predicted: A*)
4) English Language (Predicted: A*)
5) Psychology (Predicted: A*)
6) Religious Studies (Predicted: A*)
7) English Literature (Predicted: A*)
8) Statistics (Predicted: A*)
9) Geography (Predicted: A*)
10) Philisophy (Predicted: A*)
11) Geography iGCSE (Predicted: A)
12) Mathematics (Predicted: A)
13) Additional Maths (Predicted: A)

A-Levels:
1) Psychology AS (Studying this in Year 11)
2) English Literature (Studying this in Year 11)
3) Biology
4) Chemistry
5) Maths
6) Physics
Results: English Language - A*
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by GreenLantern1

I included the grades i've already got with predictions, my mistake

I was predicted an A* for english language but only got an A, a few marks off A*
Reply 193
Looks good :smile: Ok:
Name: meeow
GCSEs: Eng. lang + lit, maths, RE, PE, History, Spanish, ECDL, Biology, Physics, Chemistry (A* achieved) and statistics (A* achieved)
Predictions: 9 A*s, 2 As
A-levels: AS maths (this year, predicted A), Science in Society A2 (predicted A*/A/B?)
Next year-Biology, chemistry, maths, further maths, english lit.
Results: TBC
I was predicted an A* for english language but only got an A, a few marks off A*

That makes sense! Unlucky about that though.
Original post by meeow
Looks good :smile: Ok:
Name: meeow
GCSEs: Eng. lang + lit, maths, RE, PE, History, Spanish, ECDL, Biology, Physics, Chemistry (A* achieved) and statistics (A* achieved)
Predictions: 9 A*s, 2 As
A-levels: AS maths (this year, predicted A), Science in Society A2 (predicted A*/A/B?)
Next year-Biology, chemistry, maths, further maths, english lit.
Results: TBC

Wow how come you have already done all of GCSE Chemistry! You must have done it all in year 10 as well as you can only submit coursework at the end of the year, unless for some reason you did both exams this Jan!
Reply 196
Do you get two grades for English? If you pass three other subjects, do those grades count as 5 A* to Cs?
Name: -sunlight-
GCSEs (Subjects): English Lit + Lang, Maths, Triple Science, Business Studies, Spanish, Geography, History, RE
Predictions: A in History Unit 1, B in Geography Unit 1, A in Business Studies Unit 1, B in Physics 1 and A in RE
A-Levels: I'm in Year 10 so..
Results:

I would not like to be in Year 11 right now! At least I have the comfort of knowing I can resit modules next year if I do c*ck it all up.
Reply 198
Wow how come you have already done all of GCSE Chemistry! You must have done it all in year 10 as well as you can only submit coursework at the end of the year, unless for some reason you did both exams this Jan!

Well in my school, we took c2 in may y10 and c3 in january- so we haven't submitted it all, but i have 98% which i took the liberty of assuming to be an A* :wink:
Original post by meeow
Well in my school, we took c2 in may y10 and c3 in january- so we haven't submitted it all, but i have 98% which i took the liberty of assuming to be an A* :wink:

Ahh fair do's. That means I got an A in English Languag but I shall wait till August for that to be finalised; wouldn't wnt to then find out I have a B:frown:

Latest