The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shadab786ahmed
I thought the same, was pleasantly surprised :biggrin: aah, so subjects? Predictions? The usual :wink:

Sorry I'm being really stupid, what do you mean? :tongue:
Original post by mynameisntbobk
which subject are you looking forward to the most & which one are you dreading.. if you don't mind me asking :smile:

Probably History, maybe :tongue: and I'm dreading Art and Science the most I think. How about you? :smile:
Original post by Lucy96
Sorry I'm being really stupid, what do you mean? :tongue:

Which subjects are you waiting for and what do you think you'll get? :tongue:
Original post by Lucy96
Probably History, maybe :tongue: and I'm dreading Art and Science the most I think. How about you? :smile:

dreading french because I know I either did great, or just flopped it. & I'm looking forward to English literature, I know I flopped the lotf question, but the rest was good. Can't wait to find out all of them to be honest
Which subjects are you waiting for and what do you think you'll get? :tongue:

Well all of them haha :tongue: and well even though I'm predicted 7A*s 3As and a B(Maths...gr) I think I'll get something like 4A*s, 4As and 3Bs haha. Hopefully I'm being harsh on myself.

You? :smile:
dreading french because I know I either did great, or just flopped it. & I'm looking forward to English literature, I know I flopped the lotf question, but the rest was good. Can't wait to find out all of them to be honest

Awwww yeah. And oh god, I came out of the English Literature exams really confident that I'd get the A* I really want, but now I'm thinking it'll be a B haha. I found it really easy, just doubt I followed the criteria very well. Me too!
Original post by Lucy96
Awwww yeah. And oh god, I came out of the English Literature exams really confident that I'd get the A* I really want, but now I'm thinking it'll be a B haha. I found it really easy, just doubt I followed the criteria very well. Me too!

exactly how I felt with English language I took in January, I got a B , LMAO. But I know I did better now. I tend to find that if you think you failed an exam, you actually aced it whereas if you think you've aced an exam, you'll probably get a B. But that's just my own personal experiences

Not to worry you at all :biggrin:
exactly how I felt with English language I took in January, I got a B , LMAO. But I know I did better now. I tend to find that if you think you failed an exam, you actually aced it whereas if you think you've aced an exam, you'll probably get a B. But that's just my own personal experiences

Not to worry you at all :biggrin:

Aww haha, I prefer Literature much more than Language. Good :biggrin: and yes I'm definitely the same. I've found that from experience many times. Not a nice feeling when you think you've done okay, when in reality...you really haven't. Hoping that won't happen much this time :tongue:
I'll be celebrating no matter what :tongue:

Aww! LuckY!..... I'm sure you'll do well though!:wink::biggrin:
Original post by Lucy96
Aww haha, I prefer Literature much more than Language. Good :biggrin: and yes I'm definitely the same. I've found that from experience many times. Not a nice feeling when you think you've done okay, when in reality...you really haven't. Hoping that won't happen much this time :tongue:

same. Literature is much better. & the same, it crushes you. I really hope I've done enough (I know I haven't :facepalm:) but there's nothing wrong with hoping :biggrin:
Original post by Lucy96
Well all of them haha :tongue: and well even though I'm predicted 7A*s 3As and a B(Maths...gr) I think I'll get something like 4A*s, 4As and 3Bs haha. Hopefully I'm being harsh on myself.

You? :smile:

Which subjects though :tongue: even when harsh it's good :wink:
I'm only getting a few as I'm in year.ten... But
Maths A*, English Language A*, photography A...

Modules in the three sciences, hopefully all A*s, geography (dreading, hope it is an A*) and history a level! Want a B!!
Reply 991
Name: Nabeeda
GCSE's SUbject- Business, French, maths, science, English lang and lit, citizenship, IT and Childcare
Predictions- 8B's and 1A
A levels - IT, sociology, pyschology, Business

I am really nervous about my results... i just want it to be 23rd August so i can just look at the results and just be happy :smile:
The wait is too much :frown:
Which subjects though :tongue: even when harsh it's good :wink:
I'm only getting a few as I'm in year.ten... But
Maths A*, English Language A*, photography A...

Modules in the three sciences, hopefully all A*s, geography (dreading, hope it is an A*) and history a level! Want a B!!

Subjects and what I think I'll end up with:

Maths(I'll probably get a B)
Both sciences(AB)
English Language(already have A*)
English Literature(probably A/B :frown:)
ICT(A or A*)
Product Design(already have A* if the boundaries are similar to last year)
RE(A/A*)
Child Development(A*)
Art(B)
History(A*...I really hope so anyway :frown:)

You'll obviously do really really well :tongue:
Original post by Lucy96
Subjects and what I think I'll end up with:Maths(I'll probably get a B)
Both sciences(AB)
English Language(already have A*)
English Literature(probably A/B :frown:)
ICT(A or A*)
Product Design(already have A* if the boundaries are similar to last year)
RE(A/A*)
Child Development(A*)
Art(B)
History(A*...I really hope so anyway :frown:)

You'll obviously do really really well :tongue:

That's good! I loved history :biggrin: hope you get your grades! Did you find science hard?

Congratz on the English Language, I want that! But I.think I'll prefer Lit..

Thanks :colondollar: I just really really want them and need them! :biggrin:
That's good! I loved history :biggrin: hope you get your grades! Did you find science hard?

Congratz on the English Language, I want that! But I.think I'll prefer Lit..

Thanks :colondollar: I just really really want them and need them! :biggrin:

Yeah I adore History, it's so interesting :smile: Thank you! I'll be annoyed with anything less than 5 or 6A*s though :wink:

I actually find Science okay, I just didn't try hard enough. I understood pretty much everything really well, but I seem to get unlucky with the papers! Sounds like I'm making excuses for myself, but honestly, I'd do past papers and come out with A*s, but when it comes to the real thing, the questions are far more annoying! The only one I get lucky with is Chemistry. :tongue:

Thanks again, you will I'm sure :smile: Yeah Lit is far better in my opinion.

And you will! I give you all the luck I have anyway :biggrin:
Original post by Lucy96
Yeah I adore History, it's so interesting :smile: Thank you! I'll be annoyed with anything less than 5 or 6A*s though :wink:

I actually find Science okay, I just didn't try hard enough. I understood pretty much everything really well, but I seem to get unlucky with the papers! Sounds like I'm making excuses for myself, but honestly, I'd do past papers and come out with A*s, but when it comes to the real thing, the questions are far more annoying! The only one I get lucky with is Chemistry. :tongue:

Thanks again, you will I'm sure :smile: Yeah Lit is far better in my opinion.

And you will! I give you all the luck I have anyway :biggrin:

It really is! :biggrin: that's why I'm doing the AS early, but unsure of whether to take the A2 as it may be too much after :s-smilie: good! Aim high :biggrin: I'll be annoyed with anything less than 10 A*s next year :colondollar: must sound big headed, but...

You're not making excuses, I know people who know the content extremely well and end up with Cs, because they don't know how to answer the questions, chemistry is the best! :wink: with physics!

Yay! Glad you think that, lit is more analysis which is where I shine! :biggrin:

Thanks! You can have all my luck too :wink: swap luck :tongue:
Reply 996
What I think I will end up with

Eng Lang-A
Eng Lit- A
Maths- A
Biology- A
Physics- A
Chemistry- A
French- A*
German- A*
Geography- B
Music- C

So 2A*s, 6As, 1B, 1C.
Bonne chance, je veux tu es bien avec des langues... (I know that never made sense, but translate it literally...)
Reply 998
It really is! :biggrin: that's why I'm doing the AS early, but unsure of whether to take the A2 as it may be too much after :s-smilie: good! Aim high :biggrin: I'll be annoyed with anything less than 10 A*s next year :colondollar: must sound big headed, but...

You're not making excuses, I know people who know the content extremely well and end up with Cs, because they don't know how to answer the questions, chemistry is the best! :wink: with physics!

Yay! Glad you think that, lit is more analysis which is where I shine! :biggrin:

Thanks! You can have all my luck too :wink: swap luck :tongue:

Hey- I don't think you sound big headed. It's all about potential. I genuinely wasn't capable of 10A*s. But I think I could've got 7A*s if I put my mind to it from day one.

I found Chemistry the best too. It's the only Science I stand the slightest chance of getting an A* in, but more likely an A.
Reply 999
Bonne chance, je veux tu es bien avec des langues... (I know that never made sense, but translate it literally...)

Thank you :tongue:

Latest