The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by StarryInk07
Well done on already getting 3 GCSEs! :biggrin: I want to know the results, but I'm pretty terrified about it at the same time. I just want to get it over with. :tongue: I'm taking Spanish, Maths, Geography, English Literature and Latin. :smile: You?

Well actually its for (double ICT) :tongue:, same, just the curiosity factor. I'm doing biology, chemistry, maths and psychology :biggrin:. What do you wanna do after alevels?
Original post by mynameisntbobk
Lol, what kind of a teacher is he? & you did graphics? That's cool :tongue:

What do you mean what kind of teacher??!!:colondollar: Yep! I'm doing Graphics! LOVE IT!:biggrin::wink:
Original post by foreverstrong_97
What do you mean what kind of teacher??!!:colondollar: Yep! I'm doing Graphics! LOVE IT!:biggrin::wink:

I meant what kind of a teacher doesn't know whether their student is doing higher or foundation :tongue: and that's cool, I put it down as my second choice when I was choosing subjects. I ended up doing food tech :tongue: (loved it) but I regret not doing product design :biggrin:
I meant what kind of a teacher doesn't know whether their student is doing higher or foundation :tongue: and that's cool, I put it down as my second choice when I was choosing subjects. I ended up doing food tech :tongue: (loved it) but I regret not doing product design :biggrin:

Ohh!! I knew that!:colondollar::biggrin: Ahh right! I don't mind food tech but love Graphics..even though it's a lot of work!:rolleyes::biggrin:
Ohh!! I knew that!:colondollar::biggrin: Ahh right! I don't mind food tech but love Graphics..even though it's a lot of work!:rolleyes::biggrin:

Course you did :wink: I'm happy I did food,its like another science :tongue: & I never did graphics, but people switched from graphics to food in yr 10 :tongue:
Course you did :wink: I'm happy I did food,its like another science :tongue: & I never did graphics, but people switched from graphics to food in yr 10 :tongue:

Yeah see you admitted it!:wink:...Ahh ok yeah!:biggrin: Ahh I love graphics (sorry emphasised it too much :colondollar:)....yeah that happened with my school too :rolleyes::biggrin:
Yeah see you admitted it!:wink:...Ahh ok yeah!:biggrin: Ahh I love graphics (sorry emphasised it too much :colondollar:)....yeah that happened with my school too :rolleyes::biggrin:

Haha, well you know :tongue:. Do you? What's so special about it?, see, food be too awesome :tongue:
Haha, well you know :tongue:. Do you? What's so special about it?, see, food be too awesome :tongue:

I dunno I guess I like Drawing and im doing interior design so it goes well! :biggrin:
Reply 1388
How did you all find the AQA Eng Lit exam?
I personally found the poetry exam pretty good. For the one on the novels, I found part A decent, but part B I thing has dragged me down! We studied TKAM, and the questions were horrible for it compared to past years! I think what I wrote was shocking lol, and I just hope the examiner takes into account that the questions for TKAM were much harder than people who studied other books.

My controlled assessment was a low A* (36/40) but I am convinced part b of that exam will drag me down a grade!
I dunno I guess I like Drawing and im doing interior design so it goes well! :biggrin:

Ohhh , I see :wink: i hate drawing :tongue:
Original post by Coke1
How did you all find the AQA Eng Lit exam?
I personally found the poetry exam pretty good. For the one on the novels, I found part A decent, but part B I thing has dragged me down! We studied TKAM, and the questions were horrible for it compared to past years! I think what I wrote was shocking lol, and I just hope the examiner takes into account that the questions for TKAM were much harder than people who studied other books.

My controlled assessment was a low A* (36/40) but I am convinced part b of that exam will drag me down a grade!

Same, I thought the poetry exam was great and the unseen poem was awesome to analyse. Although I didn't do tkam, I did lord of the flies, and the questions that came up for it was HORRIBLE. There wasn't a single character question and I know its gonna drag me down.
In terms of controlled assessment, I got a low A* / high A(34/40), so hopefully the exams aren't as bad as I think.
Ohhh , I see :wink: i hate drawing :tongue:

Same, I thought the poetry exam was great and the unseen poem was awesome to analyse. Although I didn't do tkam, I did lord of the flies, and the questions that came up for it was HORRIBLE. There wasn't a single character question and I know its gonna drag me down.
In terms of controlled assessment, I got a low A* / high A(34/40), so hopefully the exams aren't as bad as I think.

Awww really?!! I love it!:wink::biggrin:
Awww really?!! I love it!:wink::biggrin:

Yepp :tongue: my drawings atrocious.
Hai all :ahee:

I've just done my IGCSEs/GCSEs, (nervously) awaiting results!

I had a dream the other night that I'd got a D in Physics and C in Chemistry even though I got B in both in the mocks (although Chemistry was about five marks off an A). My family is expecting me to get good results, something like all A* and A grades.

I have a question though: what actually happens on results day? :s-smilie:

Edit: Doubts are creeping in and I think I've got Bs in everything except the ones I mentioned above. I did French & music last year but I couldn't get to school on results day but I got A*s in both of them even though doubts did creep in. :s-smilie:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Mazzini
Hai all :ahee:

I've just done my IGCSEs/GCSEs, (nervously) awaiting results!

I had a dream the other night that I'd got a D in Physics and C in Chemistry even though I got B in both in the mocks (although Chemistry was about five marks off an A). My family is expecting me to get good results, something like all A* and A grades.

I have a question though: what actually happens on results day? :s-smilie:

Edit: Doubts are creeping in and I think I've got Bs in everything except the ones I mentioned above. I did French & music last year but I couldn't get to school on results day but I got A*s in both of them even though doubts did creep in. :s-smilie:

We go into school, collect our results (or some of us get them emailed/posted to us) and either cry or celebrate :tongue: That's pretty much it tbh :tongue:

You don't know how you did until results day, so there is no point in worrying about your results :smile: As you said, you had doubts in French and music but you came out with A*s :smile:
Original post by usycool1
We go into school, collect our results (or some of us get them emailed/posted to us) and either cry or celebrate :tongue: That's pretty much it tbh :tongue:

You don't know how you did until results day, so there is no point in worrying about your results :smile: As you said, you had doubts in French and music but you came out with A*s :smile:

Had my first nightmare the other day! Got like nearly all A*s and a few As....and then an E in GCSE Maths!!!!

Okay thanks. :smile:

Yeah I've been trying to not think about it and I haven't too much thankfully just that dream made it come back to me :colondollar:

Good luck for your results :smile:
Original post by GreenLantern1
Had my first nightmare the other day! Got like nearly all A*s and a few As....and then an E in GCSE Maths!!!!

Haha, you scoring an E in GCSE maths is impossible! :tongue:

Original post by Mazzini
Okay thanks. :smile:

Yeah I've been trying to not think about it and I haven't too much thankfully just that dream made it come back to me :colondollar:

Good luck for your results :smile:

That's OK :smile:

Good luck to you too! :biggrin:
Reply 1397

LOL I had a dream that I got a C in GCSE Maths, and then I said to myself, wait that can't be right, and then the C was actually a smudged A*.

Is that a sign? :O I hope it is LOL

Haahha. Same is definitely said for you as well!

Funny thing is, is it is the subject I had never worried about but (in the dream) screwed me over!!!! I had also somoehow done 5 module papers for the Maths grade aahhahaha!!!

Any nightmares or general worries from you?

Original post by Coke1
LOL I had a dream that I got a C in GCSE Maths, and then I said to myself, wait that can't be right, and then the C was actually a smudged A*.

Is that a sign? :O I hope it is LOL

Only in a dream will a C look like an A* :tongue:
Reply 1399
Original post by DrumChops
If you know you did your absolute best, and feel that there was nothing more you could have done, then you have nothing to worry about. The moment I assimilated that fact, all my concerns for results day were quelled and now it seems ages away; I'm no longer panicking about it as I once was. Don't worry!!

Thank you very much, worrying a bit less now! :smile: Good Luck with your results! :smile:

Latest