The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 08rbut
MY GOD, I AM GOING TO FAIL (I am Asian, this will not do)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have taken all of my three core science exams, a geography and a maths. Before this I have only taken one exam, Maths and got an A, after being predicted a C. This all sounds good, but this time I have a really bad feeling, not like last time. I used to be so fearless!

Don't worry :biggrin: everyone feels a bit like this before their results so don't worry about it.... I am sure you'll do well:yy:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my LT26i
Lol Asian Fail... A... :frown: :tongue: joking... Kind of...
Original post by Ndella
You're not alone, it's depressing me that the majority of people on here are all predicted A/A* grades and I will be so proud if I manage to even get a C in Maths. I am so crap at it. Just wait until you see people crying over getting an A instead of an A*. :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Glad to get that rant out of my system.:colondollar::rolleyes::biggrin:

I'm pretty appalling at Maths, I really need at least an A to compete with the rest of my class though. As long I keep the below A's to a minimum, tis all good (possibly, maybe..)
Original post by 08rbut
MY GOD, I AM GOING TO FAIL (I am Asian, this will not do)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have taken all of my three core science exams, a geography and a maths. Before this I have only taken one exam, Maths and got an A, after being predicted a C. This all sounds good, but this time I have a really bad feeling, not like last time. I used to be so fearless!

You don't know how you did until results day so there's no point of saying "I am going to fail" :nah:
Original post by shadab786ahmed
That's horrible! And I know :frown: a piece of my tongue was literally falling off... Like this big... Life size... (actually it won't worj because I'm on my phone...) probably... _ on your screen... Don't know? :tongue:

I know, & that sounds painful .wow
On the topic of burns I once dropped boiling water down my leg

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by alexandraa

Ouch, did it leave a scar?
My mums a nurse, and once, a patient of hers poured hot water on her, it must have been so painful.

Ouch!!!

Original post by mynameisntbobk
I know, & that sounds painful .wow

It was :frown:

Seeing as we're discussing this, two stories:
1) my friend had burns along his neck from spitting hot oil! :O
2) another friend burnt his private bits with scalding water! :tongue:
Ouch, did it leave a scar?
My mums a nurse, and once, a patient of hers poured hot water on her, it must have been so painful.

Yeah I mean it wasn't much water so it's not a big scar, but even hair straightener burns hurt!
From what I remember it stung and throbbed like I don't know what!

Yeah I mean it wasn't much water so it's not a big scar, but even hair straightener burns hurt!
From what I remember it stung and throbbed like I don't know what!

Ahh I see.. at leas it wasn't a lot. But it sounds... Painful

It was :frown:

Seeing as we're discussing this, two stories:
1) my friend had burns along his neck from spitting hot oil! :O
2) another friend burnt his private bits with scalding water! :tongue:

Lord, number 1 sounds agonising.
And what was number 2 doing with hot water around his private parts?
The worst burn I've had was from hair straighteners :tongue: I was about to drop them, but instead of just allowing it, I decided it would be clever to catch them, with the metal plates grasped in my hand. Writing in school was torture that day :wink:
Lord, number 1 sounds agonising.
And what was number 2 doing with hot water around his private parts?

Lol!!
1) it looked it too!
2) his shower went cold so he got boiling water from the kitchen and then it fell in his bits... :s-smilie:
Ahh I see.. at leas it wasn't a lot. But it sounds... Painful

Hahaha it was!
Not as painful as when you accidentally straighten your fingers rather than hair D:

Original post by foreverstrong_97
I live in the east how about you!!?? Yeah.. I suppose your right! :wink:....Might go manchester :s-smilie:

I don't mind the course....but I never listen in class and we had our end of year test and I though I was doomed but......no I was 1.5 marks away from an A :eek: I was getting really gassed(happy :tongue:)

Really you get to choose whether you want to do triple science....not fair!:eek: Only top set were allowed in my school ... and they had too!:rolleyes:

Same here, only top set were allowed - but I was always in top set :tongue:. I was kinda unfair, but even some in top set didn't deserve to be there and most likely flopped (this is no assumption - they had really poor attitudes to science despite some of them being my friends :wink:)
Original post by Lucy96
The worst burn I've had was from hair straighteners :tongue: I was about to drop them, but instead of just allowing it, I decided it would be clever to catch them, with the metal plates grasped in my hand. Writing in school was torture that day :wink:

Shoulda let it drop :tongue: when I drop stuff, I don't try to catch them, I just kick it before it hits the ground so the force is reduced because of the time increase (physics). But at least its better, I assume :tongue:
Lol!!
1) it looked it too!
2) his shower went cold so he got boiling water from the kitchen and then it fell in his bits... :s-smilie:

Oh, I feel for him. And that's peak, but it shouldn't leave any problems for him.
Hahaha it was!
Not as painful as when you accidentally straighten your fingers rather than hair D:

OUCH! You did that?
Shoulda let it drop :tongue: when I drop stuff, I don't try to catch them, I just kick it before it hits the ground so the force is reduced because of the time increase (physics). But at least its better, I assume :tongue:

Oh, I feel for him. And that's peak, but it shouldn't leave any problems for him.

LOL, I hope so... :tongue:
OUCH! You did that?

Hahahah I used to all the time in the 10 minute school rush. But then I found these special heat protector gloves! So I don't get burned anymore

LOL, I hope so... :tongue:

:biggrin: yeah, let's do that.. hope :tongue:

Latest