The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GreenLantern1
Hehe I'll take that as a compliment :biggrin:

Are you also waiting for your results this Summer ?

yea :afraid:
Original post by Problematique
yea :afraid:

MUSE?
Original post by SrijanParmeshwar
MUSE?

ye, Muse.
Integration by Substitution :sexface::sexface::sexface:
Original post by shadab786ahmed

:coma: How much of C4 gave you done now? :smile:
Original post by usycool1

None :tongue: just wanted a reaction, anyway. In terms of WJEC I still haven't finished C3 :rolleyes: I wish I was edexcel :angry: I need to finish integration, the Simpson's Rule (I know how to do it.. But haven't officially covered it), and that's it I think... :tongue:

To do list:
Integration (simpler ones for C3)
Differentation of things like
x^2 - 3xy + 2y^2 - 2x = 13 (what's that called?)
Brush up on trigonometry...
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by pinkgorilla
wait what does it actually mean? ;']

Eh! Well it's daily mail so you can expect **** like this!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Morning Guys :biggrin: just finished watching rec. I get the feeling that it was suppose to be scary, but the most I did was jump in a few places :s-smilie:
Basically 1. They are gonna look into our sats/GCSE's and do a comparative marking to reduce pass rates
2. It will probably take more marks to achieve a certain grade again to lower pass rates
3. Daily mail is over reacting
4.They will not allow small mistakes if you missed it off by a bit awarded least marks possible.

Personally read the whole article and they say when want to improve maths and english pass rates which is impossible with this new system they are trying to make sure this year that students have the same pass rate year on year out, its stupid because if you scored 90% on a test and then they compare sats they are allowed to take marks off? completely stupid hopefully its just daily mail jumping ahead of things as usual
Original post by shadab786ahmed

That's the boring stuff.

All bout integration by parts - it is weirdly more fun than substitution IMO :smile:
That's the boring stuff.

All bout integration by parts - it is weirdly more fun than substitution IMO :smile:

I'll get there soon enough :tongue:
Original post by pinkgorilla
wait what does it actually mean? ;']

From what I could gather, these will be the consequences:

1. Most grade boundaries (for 2009 specifications) will increase to make up for the teething process into the new syllabus for last year. For example the A* boundary in geography might go from 49/75 to 56/75 despite a seemingly harder paper. This is because last year people were still getting used to the syllabus.

2. Science grade boundaries (old spec) will stay relatively 'low'. New spec grade boundaries will be significantly higher to make up for hardening of the syllabus.

3. English grade boundaries will be set so that roughly the same proportion of people will get A*, A, B, C etc. as in the previous specification. In the last specification grade boundaries were stupendously high, but because the specification is new I'd expect grade boundaries to stay roughly the same. For example English Literature Unit 1 might stay at 45/60 or possibly decrease a little due to more people taking (I assume) and a harder paper. Then, I'd expect them to increase the grade boundaries slowly over the next few years to roughly 50/60 for an A*.

4. The SATs results will be used in the future to suggest how well a particular year group should do compared to the previous year group. For example, if Year 12 did better than us in their SATs as a whole year group in the country, then the exam board would expect us to get lower marks for the same grade boundaries. Therefore, grade boundaries would be likely to increase. If it was the other way round, we would get lower grade boundaries. However, I do not know whether this is a player this year.
That's the boring stuff.

Nah, I prefer integration by substitution tbh :tongue:

Examsolutions... Is much better than the books! Implicit functions... I looked at it yesterday... A question, didn't know what to do... It's so simple I'm embarrassed.. :tongue:

What is the other method?I only know that you have to find the antideriative of the curve and input the values on the x axis into them and take them away to find the area under the curve,between them points.I didn't know there was another way:confused:
Original post by Dalek1099
What is the other method?I only know that you have to find the antideriative of the curve and input the values on the x axis into them and take them away to find the area under the curve,between them points.I didn't know there was another way:confused:

There are loads of methods of integration.
There are loads of methods of integration.

Why don't you explain them to your good friend Dalek1099 :smile:

Latest