The Student Room Group

retaking Maths GCSE

Hi,

I am in my final year of A Level and want to go to University. I am taking a gap year next year. Unfortunately i need to retake my Maths GCSE as i got a D the first time around. I would have retaken it during my A Levels but felt i couldn’t cope with the work load. Is there anyway i can retake my Maths GCSE over the summer holidays; maybe through a distance learning course then sitting a specific centre? I know that you can resit the exams in January and June, are these the only times? I really would prefer not to be tied down cos of my Maths GCSE during my gap year, i also would really like to have a firm grade to show uni's so they can provided me with unconditional offers.

Thanks
Reply 1
I took my maths GCSE (quite a few years ago) in November - I know that doesn't help you but it does mean that there other times other than Jan and June that you can take GCSE maths exams. However, I don't think that you'd be able to take the maths exam during the summer holidays because the exam period would have just been. Perhaps you could enter yourself in for the june exam and have some extremely intense revision between now and then?
Reply 2
Hi, thanks for the reply. November sounds better then Jan, i can't take them in June my work load is too intense for me already. Does anyone know where i can obtain more information about retaking my Maths GCSE?

thanks
Reply 3
Katie Heskins
I took my maths GCSE (quite a few years ago) in November - I know that doesn't help you but it does mean that there other times other than Jan and June that you can take GCSE maths exams. However, I don't think that you'd be able to take the maths exam during the summer holidays because the exam period would have just been. Perhaps you could enter yourself in for the june exam and have some extremely intense revision between now and then?

When did you get the results?
Reply 4
January

You could always contact an exam board and ask waht time you could take it. Or check out their websites
Reply 5
Thanks, e mailed OCR, AQA and E D Excel. Is there anymore boards that do GCSE maths?
Reply 6
Just found out that AQA have specification which lets you complete a maths GCSE by Novemeber.

Latest