The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

GCSE entry requirements for law (LSE probably)

I am considering retaking maths as I got a 5, is it worth it or does it not matter all that much? I got 8s and one 7 for my other GCSEs but, I don't want that one grade to cause a rejection.
Original post by Anonymous #1
I am considering retaking maths as I got a 5, is it worth it or does it not matter all that much? I got 8s and one 7 for my other GCSEs but, I don't want that one grade to cause a rejection.

"GCSEs
A strong pre-16 academic profile such as several GCSE grades of A (or 7) and A* (or 8-9)
GCSE English Language and Mathematics grades should be no lower than B (or 6)
We also consider your overall GCSE subject profile"

So yes, you would definitely need to retake maths. You might also find that other good law courses require a 6 or higher.

https://www.lse.ac.uk/study-at-lse/Undergraduate/degree-programmes-2024/LLB-Bachelor-of-Laws
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by Anonymous #1

Hi there

I believe for most Law LLB undergraduate degrees, Universities would require at least a 5 or 6 for GCSE Maths and English.

I would recommend checking the the University's Law LLB course entry requirements. This is what I found for LSE: "GCSE English Language and Mathematics grades should be no lower than B (or 6) We also consider your overall GCSE subject profile". But I would recommend having a look into this yourself just to be certain.

This is likely to be different for different Universities, so I would recommend going to each Universities' websites to have a look. There are some Universities that will accept a 5 for GCSE Maths. :smile:

I hope this helps. :smile:
Chloe
University of Kent Student Rep
Reply 3
Original post by University of Kent
Hi there

I believe for most Law LLB undergraduate degrees, Universities would require at least a 5 or 6 for GCSE Maths and English.

I would recommend checking the the University's Law LLB course entry requirements. This is what I found for LSE: "GCSE English Language and Mathematics grades should be no lower than B (or 6) We also consider your overall GCSE subject profile". But I would recommend having a look into this yourself just to be certain.

This is likely to be different for different Universities, so I would recommend going to each Universities' websites to have a look. There are some Universities that will accept a 5 for GCSE Maths. :smile:

I hope this helps. :smile:
Chloe
University of Kent Student Rep

Cheers
Reply 4
Original post by ageshallnot
"GCSEs
A strong pre-16 academic profile such as several GCSE grades of A (or 7) and A* (or 8-9)
GCSE English Language and Mathematics grades should be no lower than B (or 6)
We also consider your overall GCSE subject profile"

So yes, you would definitely need to retake maths. You might also find that other good law courses require a 6 or higher.

https://www.lse.ac.uk/study-at-lse/Undergraduate/degree-programmes-2024/LLB-Bachelor-of-Laws

ok, thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending