The Student Room Group

Is it possible to get into Oxford (PPE) with my GCSEs?

I (Year 12) didn't care about or put much effort into my GCSEs and came out with these grades:
Maths - 8
Science - 76
Psychology - 6
Computing - 6
History - 6
Music - 6
English Language - 6
English Literature - 5
And currently do Politics, Maths, Further Maths and Psychology and I'm intrested in Oxford PPE. Would it be worth retaking some of my GCSEs to strengthen my application or would good grades at A-Level outweigh this. Also is there anything else I could do to strengthen my application?
Reply 1
Original post by pitchf0rk
I (Year 12) didn't care about or put much effort into my GCSEs and came out with these grades:
Maths - 8
Science - 76
Psychology - 6
Computing - 6
History - 6
Music - 6
English Language - 6
English Literature - 5
And currently do Politics, Maths, Further Maths and Psychology and I'm intrested in Oxford PPE. Would it be worth retaking some of my GCSEs to strengthen my application or would good grades at A-Level outweigh this. Also is there anything else I could do to strengthen my application?

No concentrate on your A levels and preparing for TSA.Cannot pretend gcse's are not great but retaking is going to effect your current studies You can always apply and see how it goes or even apply after achieving your grades.
Apply for PPE at Oxford and LSE Post A-Level i.e. with your A-Level grades achieved to be listed on your UCAS Application. :wink:

Original post by pitchf0rk
Maths - 8
Science - 76
Psychology - 6
Computing - 6
History - 6
Music - 6
English Language - 6
English Literature - 5

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending