The Student Room Group

My impression of British girls

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
its not their fault!!!
It's the society which makes them like this.
Parents let their kids to do anything at early ages and for some it's how their parents live their life, so they just follow.
Basically in the past 100 years, the society is so corrupted that it's very hard/impossible to take it back to where there was respect between individuals.
Plus there's no such thing as family standings in this country anymore, there're still good families, but you can count them with your fingers.
So if your mum doesn't know who your dad is, what do you expect to be like?
It's not just the girls, its the boys as well! Why do you think the british asian families have better family standings? it's because they have limits!
So we need to bring back respects for elders and parents, if you acheive this, everyone will then become good people once again!
Reply 81
This is a rather unfair generalisation of British girls.

There are loads of girls who don't behave like this, don't worship TOWIE or slather themselves in fake tan; it's just that you don't notice them because they're not loud and in your face like the girls OP is describing :smile:
I don't know why you get such a neg rep for this. A lot of British girls ARE like that, and if someone on here are not, then surely they know this doesn't apply to them?
Thing is the UK has a very large lower class compared to many other countries. But I know many middle and upper middle class girls as well, they still have quite narrow interests, lack of taste and are not extremely cultured. Of course there are high quality English women out there, but from what I have seen, that pool of girls is very small compared to other countries.
I'd say you'd benefit from going abroad (the Scandinavian countries have women whom are very beautiful and educated on top of it). Although my experience with British men is limited; it's also a question of whether you could compete with foreign guys. The guys I know from France and Northern Italy have more culture and charisma than the English guys I'm familiar with. But let's see, perhaps some British guys surprise me :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by TranceEnergy1989
Says it all about the girls here i guess..throwing in the insults

By comparison we were in the park yesterday and that is where you can really tell the difference between girls.

The English girls that we went up to tended not to want to know really, basically getting up and leaving or just not saying much.

The foreign girls we spoke to, mainly the scandinavians we met yesterday were a complete fresh of breath air..they didnt mind talking to us, made conversation, smiled at what i had to say, bantered a little bit..it was brilliant!

No wonder we prefer talking to them

Go up to a typical English bird and you will get told to do one, go away you freak...run off or whatever..they do truly think they are too good to talk to you when a lot of teh time they aint even anything special....dear lord.

But the typical male only comes up to us in clubs just to bump uglies... and most woman tell them to **** off because there not hoes.
Original post by Deziah

Oh, and as for British men...
Dedicating your life to football like it's your religion, despite never playing it, is equally as bad imo.

I agree with the remainder of your post but;

there is so much passion in football, I can understand why people treat their loyalty to their club like a religion. It's good to see. :smile:
Original post by Darkstar1993
But the typical male only comes up to us in clubs just to bump uglies... and most woman tell them to **** off because there not hoes.

Clubs are meat markets..men and women are generally there for 'that' but when i go i just go for a laugh and see what happens.

My experience i mentioned was in a park where English girls seem to stick their nose up at guys wanting to get to know them, everyone was a stranger at first but it seems if you are some random guy trying to get to know them in a park you are a weirdo as it's not the 'normal' way of meeting people.

Examples of the other day:

- Saying hello to these posh girls walking past and they just carried on without saying anythng or looking..happened a few times that day.

- Girls talking but not all that much, seemed uncomfortable and a lot of the time didnt hang around for long and walked off

- Foreign girls were much more open and willing to talk and ask questions...keeping the conversations going, now that was cool and what should be the norm.

Problem is most girls seem to think they are gods gift here...if you are not well built and tall you basically get dismissed. (i'm like 5'9, wear glasses and slightly chubby..which means im screwed in first encounters..no wonder i have little self esteem when you are constantly knocked)
Reply 86
Some people clearly must move in very different social circles to me because I never meet any girls that fit that description.
Reply 87
Original post by DWLLVBDYHG
I will preface this by saying not ALL British girls are like this, there are many exceptions mostly in the higher social classes, but this is basically the impression I have got from the majority of British girls

-Think they are the greatest thing ever, difficult to approach and prone to become bitchy.
-Expect you to do all the talking, can't hold a conversation that isn't about them or some crappy reality TV show.
-Unclean, unattractive lifestyles. Smoking, binge drinking and crap food.
-Masculine, agressive voices and mannerisms
-Too slutty to trust in a relationship, cheat more than the guys
-Overweight or downright fat. If not than often shapeless and skinny fat.

Whenever I leave the UK I am always stuck by how down to earth, healthy, affectionate and feminine the girls seem. Why is this? Any other guys feel the same way?

You are of course correct OP. The vast majority of British women I've encountered aren't worth your time. The strong male libido remains the ONLY reason these space-wasters are ever given the time of day. And of course the vicious cycle continues because that is the very thing women hate - to be perused JUST for sex.
Original post by Harley
This is a rather unfair generalisation of British girls.

There are loads of girls who don't behave like this, don't worship TOWIE or slather themselves in fake tan; it's just that you don't notice them because they're not loud and in your face like the girls OP is describing :smile:

A complete blatant lie. British girls are so aggresive, they want to know about their friends life, whether they this or not. They laugh every time you make a ****ing comment, they are very stupid VERY STUPID:mad::mad::mad:. And more over, bullies, they can hit males whenever they want, but we can't hit them back, if we do, we go to jail. It is true, if a man rapes, kills, or does something to a women, She has the absolute right to arrest him.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by TranceEnergy1989
Clubs are meat markets..men and women are generally there for 'that' but when i go i just go for a laugh and see what happens.

My experience i mentioned was in a park where English girls seem to stick their nose up at guys wanting to get to know them, everyone was a stranger at first but it seems if you are some random guy trying to get to know them in a park you are a weirdo as it's not the 'normal' way of meeting people.

Examples of the other day:

- Saying hello to these posh girls walking past and they just carried on without saying anythng or looking..happened a few times that day.

- Girls talking but not all that much, seemed uncomfortable and a lot of the time didnt hang around for long and walked off

- Foreign girls were much more open and willing to talk and ask questions...keeping the conversations going, now that was cool and what should be the norm.

Problem is most girls seem to think they are gods gift here...if you are not well built and tall you basically get dismissed. (i'm like 5'9, wear glasses and slightly chubby..which means im screwed in first encounters..no wonder i have little self esteem when you are constantly knocked)

I feel you ,mate, they aren't good anyway.
Original post by py0alb
Some people clearly must move in very different social circles to me because I never meet any girls that fit that description.

Where do you live?
Original post by Aconcernedparent
I don't know why you get such a neg rep for this. A lot of British girls ARE like that, and if someone on here are not, then surely they know this doesn't apply to them?
Thing is the UK has a very large lower class compared to many other countries. But I know many middle and upper middle class girls as well, they still have quite narrow interests, lack of taste and are not extremely cultured. Of course there are high quality English women out there, but from what I have seen, that pool of girls is very small compared to other countries.
I'd say you'd benefit from going abroad (the Scandinavian countries have women whom are very beautiful and educated on top of it). Although my experience with British men is limited; it's also a question of whether you could compete with foreign guys. The guys I know from France and Northern Italy have more culture and charisma than the English guys I'm familiar with. But let's see, perhaps some British guys surprise me :smile:

Yeah, English guys are no better than their foregin counterparts, but really, a nearly a whole quarter of English women cheat on their boyfriends. Cause they want sex. So don't start blaming them , why in WW2, many englishmen grabbed a lot of Amercian women and had love affairs with them. I'd say the Englishman is a romantic person just as his French counterpart is.

Many countries have better women who are educated and beautiful.
Original post by alan-93
its not their fault!!!
It's the society which makes them like this.
Parents let their kids to do anything at early ages and for some it's how their parents live their life, so they just follow.
Basically in the past 100 years, the society is so corrupted that it's very hard/impossible to take it back to where there was respect between individuals.
Plus there's no such thing as family standings in this country anymore, there're still good families, but you can count them with your fingers.
So if your mum doesn't know who your dad is, what do you expect to be like?
It's not just the girls, its the boys as well! Why do you think the british asian families have better family standings? it's because they have limits!
So we need to bring back respects for elders and parents, if you acheive this, everyone will then become good people once again!

I'm Indian, certainly not British, but yes, we do have family Limits,and your point is very valid around here.
Reply 93
Original post by The Marshall
Where do you live?

Cambridge now, previously Nottingham. I don't think its a geographical issue though. All the British girls I meet anywhere in the UK are charming, witty, cultured and well informed.
Reply 94
In the good old US of A the women are obviously subject to a warmer climate and therefore more bikini weather. This, in turn, forces them to look after their appearance (body in particular) if they want to come off well and stand a chance of competing with other females.

There is virtually NO penalty for a female in the UK to be skinny-fat/shapeless/slightly overweight and so this is of course is why most of them are content to remain that way. By content; I mean they won't do anything to change it but they will still moan about it at any given opportunity.
Original post by py0alb
Cambridge now, previously Nottingham. I don't think its a geographical issue though. All the British girls I meet anywhere in the UK are charming, witty, cultured and well informed.

Thats the answer I was looking for,thats cause its a EDUCATED PLACE.
If you're a low quality guy, obviously you're only gonna see low quality girls.

None of my friends are like what you've said, and funnily enough they've all got nice, educated, well spoken, interesting boyfriends. If you're boring, you're not going to get someone who's got a lot more going for them than you.

Think you should look in the mirror before bleating. Specs and chubby, sort it out ffs.
Reply 97
Thats the answer I was looking for,thats cause its a EDUCATED PLACE.

which one, Nottingham or Cambridge?

Can you give me an example of an "uneducated place"? The moon, perhaps?
Original post by py0alb
which one, Nottingham or Cambridge?

Can you give me an example of an "uneducated place"? The moon, perhaps?

I'll give you Cambridge.

Secondary schools, certainly my one. State Schools, poor neighbourhoods rife with crimes.
Reply 99
I'll give you Cambridge.

Secondary schools, certainly my one. State Schools, poor neighbourhoods rife with crimes.

But Nottingham was just the same as Cambridge.

Are you still a schoolboy? perhaps this explains why you don't know much about women.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending