The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Peachz
They look fine on. Must just be a bad picture.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wrong colour socks though my friend

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7981
Original post by Ruroyer72
Wrong colour socks though my friend

Posted from TSR Mobile

They are just a generic bloggers pics, not anyone's from on here.
Original post by The Rusty Spork
They are just a generic bloggers pics, not anyone's from on here.

Oh right

Posted from TSR Mobile
What brand makes decent quality moccasins at a price that would come to around £20 on ebay?
Reply 7984
Original post by I am Ace
What brand makes decent quality moccasins at a price that would come to around £20 on ebay?

I've seen Kurt Geigers go for that price, takes some hunting though.
Reply 7985
Original post by YMLT
If anything, I'll dress less formal when I go to Uni.

I'll finally be able to wear shorts daily (weather permitting of course)

Posted from TSR Mobile

What uni you thinking,of ?
If I get where I want to be (UCL) I'll be dressed in a smart casual sense (blazers,shirts etc)

What do you guys think you will dress like from 30 years old onward ? Much won't change for me just that I'll only wear trainers for jogging and less slim fits jeans

Posted from TSR Mobile
What do you guys think of GAP's non-iron shirts?
Not ironing a shirt sounds strange to me
Original post by diggy
If I get where I want to be (UCL) I'll be dressed in a smart casual sense (blazers,shirts etc)

What do you guys think you will dress like from 30 years old onward ? Much won't change for me just that I'll only wear trainers for jogging and less slim fits jeans

Posted from TSR Mobile

Most of the UCL people I saw dressed casually, I'd probably wear a tweed onesie I think 30years time sounds about the time of a midlife crisis

Posted from TSR Mobile
What do you guys think of GAP's non-iron shirts?
Not ironing a shirt sounds strange to me

That does sound weird, they must get some creases

Posted from TSR Mobile
What are your favourite brands?

And UK style bloggers?

From all the style blogs I read, (all American) they are obviously are all talking about banana republic and gap and indochino, and I don't have access to these in Scotland.

I'm aware that some of these are coming over to the UK (hallelujah), but until that time.

What are you favourites and how do they compare to GAP and these American brands?
What are your favourite brands?

And UK style bloggers?

From all the style blogs I read, (all American) they are obviously are all talking about banana republic and gap and indochino, and I don't have access to these in Scotland.

I'm aware that some of these are coming over to the UK (hallelujah), but until that time.

What are you favourites and how do they compare to GAP and these American brands?

Banana republic are already here, their stuff is really sleek, nicely made, their satchels and other bags are great but their menswear isn't very extensive. I can't stand gap, it reminds me of being four years old and having the hoodies with the huge GAP on the front. The UK doesn't have many great brands tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7991
Original post by diggy

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nottingham Trent.

I went to look round UCL and everyone was wearing jeans & t-shirts, I reckon you'd be overdressed.
Original post by diggy

Posted from TSR Mobile

Interesting question actually, can't say I've really thought about it though.

I wear a lot of graphic t-shirts that I'd say were a little bit unsuitable for a middle-aged man so I'd probably cut them out. Trainers, as you say, as well.

I'd also be tempted to just wear shirts and trousers everyday and go for the classic "businessman who's just got out of work" look :lol:
Reply 7993
Original post by The Rusty Spork
http://www.hugsandco.com/collections/loafers

Think I might buy a pair of those in grey or brown. Was only thinking about summer shoes a few minutes ago and they popped up!

Edit: Probably the penny rather than the tassle.

They look really nice...especially the black one.....Just recently got this shoe from Zara.....its really nice for summer :smile:

http://www.zara.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product/uk/en/zara-neu-S2013/358061/1154519/MOCCASIN+WITH+CONTRASTING+DECORATIVE+BAND
Saw someone on the tube this morning wearing a chambray shirt, dark slim jeans and chocolate tassel loafers. No socks of course.

Everything I wanted to look like on a Friday :moon:
Reply 7995
Original post by YMLT
Nottingham Trent.

I went to look round UCL and everyone was wearing jeans & t-shirts, I reckon you'd be overdressed.

It depends. From what he's saying he'd stick out like a sore thumb in a maths/science lecture, but would would fit right in at an English/law lecture.
Reply 7996
More purchases:

The jeans are a lovely fit, I'll probably be living in these for the next couple of weeks :yy:

Original post by Isometrix
Can you link me to that last t-shirt please :smile:

Hey, sorry it's sold out online now, but it should still be available in-store (Banana Republic).
Can't seem to find any good moccasins on ebay!
Reply 7998
My sister got a job in a Levis outlet and she gets £120 worth of clothes for free, every month, because it counts as their 'uniform'.

Jealous right now? Quite.
On the plus side, she gets 30% off :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Opinions on boat neck tees (wide neck)? Bought a green/mint one earlier, really like the fit, but I'm not sure about the shape of the neck.
I'll probably only wear it in bed / around the house (It was £3), but I wanted to know if it was safe to be seen in public wearing it.:tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest