The Student Room Group
Reply 9960
So it's that time of the year again. Looking at footwear for winter, are there any decent boots that people can recommend?

Thanks.
Reply 9961
Original post by hafa
So it's that time of the year again. Looking at footwear for winter, are there any decent boots that people can recommend?

Thanks.

How much do you have to spend?
Reply 9962
Original post by Peachz
How much do you have to spend?

Looking to spend up to £150
Original post by Peachz
I really like the plaid chinos I just know the leg will be too wide for my skinny frame.

http://shop.mango.com/GB/p0/hebymango/clothing/slim-fit-premium-cotton-chinos/?id=11013004_02&n=1&s=allprendas_he.chino_he&ident=0__0_0_1381611036783

Between these and the BR ones?
Original post by hafa

Thanks.

Red Wing boots. Really well made and they will last a very long time. ASOS sometimes have 10-20% discount codes so you can get a pair of Chukkas for under £150.
http://www.asos.com/Men/A-To-Z-Of-Brands/Red-Wing/Cat/pgecategory.aspx?cid=5675
Where's a good place to buy Desert boots? I'm kind of broke Atm but need a pair

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9967
Original post by tsnake23
Red Wing boots. Really well made and they will last a very long time. ASOS sometimes have 10-20% discount codes so you can get a pair of Chukkas for under £150.
http://www.asos.com/Men/A-To-Z-Of-Brands/Red-Wing/Cat/pgecategory.aspx?cid=5675

I would second this.

Original post by Jamiesonn
Where's a good place to buy Desert boots? I'm kind of broke Atm but need a pair

Posted from TSR Mobile

Clarks.
Original post by hafa
Looking to spend up to £150

Don't know how you dress, but check out Herring shoes if you are into classic menswear. The 1966, Premier and Classic line are made in the same factories as good English shoe manufactures (Alfred Sargent, Loake etc.).
What do you wear to networking sessions where you meet big firms?
Original post by 0riental
Any ideas on where to get some good quality chains/necklaces? I might get some dog tags or capsules.

Why was i negged for this? Anyways, anyone know of any? I feel they would look good on me, give me a bit of edge yaknow.
Reply 9971
Thoughts on orange chinos? I usually just stick to jeans so this is quite 'out there' for me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Squirb
Thoughts on orange chinos? I usually just stick to jeans so this is quite 'out there' for me

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hell no. Auburn if you know what you're doing, but from what you've said it sounds like you're new to this. Go for Camel, Grey or Navy chinos.
Reply 9973
Original post by I am Ace
Hell no. Auburn if you know what you're doing, but from what you've said it sounds like you're new to this. Go for Camel, Grey or Navy chinos.

I was considering a grey cable knit-orange chino combo (I'm not sure if that sounds slightly retarded or not). The main reason was because I've seen a decent pair of orange chinos on sale.

Thank you for the suggestions, I'll definitely check those out

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Squirb
I was considering a grey cable knit-orange chino combo (I'm not sure if that sounds slightly retarded or not). The main reason was because I've seen a decent pair of orange chinos on sale.

Thank you for the suggestions, I'll definitely check those out

Posted from TSR Mobile

Google an "Interchangeable wardrobe" and you'll understand why Orange chinos are a bad idea, again "unless you know what you're doing" i.e you already have the foundation pieces.
Original post by Peachz
I would second this.

Clarks.

Anything cheaper? or do I have to cough up the full price?
Reply 9976
Original post by Jamiesonn
Anything cheaper? or do I have to cough up the full price?

If you get anything cheaper it won't really matter where you get them from.
Reply 9977
Original post by Squirb

Posted from TSR Mobile

If there was ever a time to wear orange chinos - now is the time since orange is 'in' this winter. So coupled against a muted top I think it should be fine - I wouldn't wear them all the time though, actually probably twice in a year. And I think it depends what sort of orange you mean. The darker the more wearable.

I actually wrote a post about orange stuff today on my blog
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 9978
Original post by me0
Anyone got had any experience/thoughts on Nike Roshe Runs? I know they're not exactly fashion but I'm not convinced on buying them so wanted other's thoughts.. I like them, mega comfy but quite expensive for what they are.

To be honest? The trend is already gone, roshe are everywhere at the moment especially since the liberty print, so im glad it's gone now, go for some Qasa Y3 or some footscape.

Is it for running or for a daily use? I own some freerun2 , cheap, great for my run and I can even wear them outside the track.

P.S. Nike/NB sneakers = supra comfy.

P.S.2 Guys stop with raybans and copycat please this is horrendous, go for at least Oliver Peoples.
I'm in the market for a Harrington jacket.

Two that I like, thoughts?

http://www.prettygreen.com/shop/product/aw13-black-harrington-jacket/

http://www.northernthreads.co.uk/clothing-c3/jackets-c7/ben-sherman-staples-harrington-jacket-jet-black-p20388

More than I wanted to pay really especially the Pretty Green one but they look good quality. Any other suggestions?

I also have a very long slim body, i'm 6'4". What are the fit like on these type of jackets?

Latest