The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2013 GET ON IT EARLY!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by adam1992
PFO Vinson & Elkins.

When did you apply? Was thinking about making a last minute app but if they're nearing capacity etc. I might not go to the trouble...
Does anyone who has applied to FBD International Workshop know if they book telephone interviews or just call you, should you get through to the next round?

You should get an email to schedule for a telephone interview, and they will call you on the specified date and time. Hope that helps!
Original post by countryfile
When did you apply? Was thinking about making a last minute app but if they're nearing capacity etc. I might not go to the trouble...

I applied last week.
I doubt they exist as such but I do think firms sometimes leave it an unnecessarily long amount of time before sending rejections.

That's just because they are waiting for people to get back to them, and confirm attendance on their vac schemes. If they fill all their places, they then reject you. Otherwise it would be pretty silly of them to get in touch with you and say "Sorry actually, after all we do want to interview you".
Original post by TroloLawl
That's just because they are waiting for people to get back to them, and confirm attendance on their vac schemes. If they fill all their places, they then reject you. Otherwise it would be pretty silly of them to get in touch with you and say "Sorry actually, after all we do want to interview you".

It would yeah. From my own experience firms have generally been alright, although Ince had scheduled and cancelled an interview with a friend before rejecting me over a week later so I assumed when he had his cancelled I was PFO'd before I'd received it..
Original post by TroloLawl

So am I right in thinking that they do actually have 'reserve lists'?
Anyone who had an interview with Pinsent Masons at their London office on Thursday the 14th of feb heard back from them yet? Something tells me that if i haven't heard back from them yet, i should expect a PFO tomorrow as they said they'd get back to us by the 28th..
PFO Vinson & Elkins.

Ditto.
Original post by littlefish101
Anyone who had an interview with Pinsent Masons at their London office on Thursday the 14th of feb heard back from them yet? Something tells me that if i haven't heard back from them yet, i should expect a PFO tomorrow as they said they'd get back to us by the 28th..

I'm in pretty much the same boat (London interview on the 13th, although I applied to the Edinburgh office). Deluge of Pinsent Masons PFOs tomorrow, I expect...
Reply 3989

I was thinking the same today but then I read they recruit on a rolling basis, so didn't bother.
Original post by idiotmachine
I'm in pretty much the same boat (London interview on the 13th, although I applied to the Edinburgh office). Deluge of Pinsent Masons PFOs tomorrow, I expect...

That's what i fear...unless they are running late...
Reply 3991
Original post by Hannahx04
Anyone heard from berrymans lace mawer yet? Their vacation scheme is in Easter but I'm yet to hear anything. Anyone else in the same position?

I heard back a couple of weeks ago and had an interview yesterday and they said they would be finishing their interview process this week so it's weird that you haven't heard back yet.
Original post by Jessica_T
I'm just about to email off my Weightmans application after having everyone and their uncle check it for me. Do I need to write a sort of cover-letter style email when sending it to grad rec (like a couple of short paragraphs) or literally just "dear sir/madam please find attached my form thanks love jess xoxox" (in a slightly more formal tone than that)?

I went for the second one and got a generic email in response saying they'd received it and would be in contact in due course. :smile:

Ditto.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone have experience of the Nabarro AC? Is the partner and associate interview commercial or more competency-based?

Many thanks
Reply 3994
Original post by Hannahx04
Anyone heard from berrymans lace mawer yet? Their vacation scheme is in Easter but I'm yet to hear anything. Anyone else in the same position?

My mate was supposed to have an interview in Birmingham with them but has an exam so has a telephone interview tomorrow instead

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by littlefish101
That's what i fear...unless they are running late...

My fear too. Am waiting to hear back about Bham VS for PM, had an interview a couple of weeks ago. But there may be some offers coming tomorrow, you guys never know!
Either way, pleased to have got to interview stage and to get some feedback. Being rejected at application is pretty grim, learn nothing from it and feels like a waste of time. At least you learn from an interview and it is an achievement in itself!
Original post by Legalrec
I heard back a couple of weeks ago and had an interview yesterday and they said they would be finishing their interview process this week so it's weird that you haven't heard back yet.

May I ask which office you applied to?
Original post by Scarface2
My fear too. Am waiting to hear back about Bham VS for PM, had an interview a couple of weeks ago. But there may be some offers coming tomorrow, you guys never know!
Either way, pleased to have got to interview stage and to get some feedback. Being rejected at application is pretty grim, learn nothing from it and feels like a waste of time. At least you learn from an interview and it is an achievement in itself!

You are so right - getting to the interview stage is an achievement in itself!! I am also secretly hoping they'll make some offers tomorrow. So far I've only noticed 3 people on here saying they got offers from PM a couple of days ago (2 for Manchester and 1 for London, i think) which is not that many really, so who knows maybe they phase out their offers... Fingers crossed for tomorrow!
Reply 3998
What sites / how are you guys searching for internships?

Honestly I'll be happy with anything business/professional orientated just to have exp under belt for when I graduate next year.
Original post by Yawn11
What sites / how are you guys searching for internships?

Honestly I'll be happy with anything business/professional orientated just to have exp under belt for when I graduate next year.

lawcareers.net is useful.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending