The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2013 GET ON IT EARLY!!!

Scroll to see replies

Congrats! I've been told that offers will come by end of this week :smile:
Original post by mattwood999
Vac Scheme offer for DWF (Manchester) :smile:

Congrats! How did they get in touch?
PFO DWF! And that's all my applications back now, got a vac scheme with DLA Piper and Brabners Chaffe Street in the end :smile:
Reply 5023
Original post by Jessica_T
PFO DWF! And that's all my applications back now, got a vac scheme with DLA Piper and Brabners Chaffe Street in the end :smile:

I thought Brabners Chaffe Street weren't doing vacation schemes this year?!
Original post by benren
I thought Brabners Chaffe Street weren't doing vacation schemes this year?!

It's a long story, but basically at my uni they ran a mooting competition between the students with the highest marks in equity and trusts and I won the moot and so they offered me a vacation scheme :smile:
Okay so applied to hill dickinson, didnt get a PFO but got a 'do this test' so did the test and not heard anything since.. some people got acceptances straight off the back but nobody is talking about having to do this test, do people think i should be waiting for a PFO? this is for the manchester office btw, anybody that knows anything pretty please help-having a slight freak out!
Original post by hazsattar
Okay so applied to hill dickinson, didnt get a PFO but got a 'do this test' so did the test and not heard anything since.. some people got acceptances straight off the back but nobody is talking about having to do this test, do people think i should be waiting for a PFO? this is for the manchester office btw, anybody that knows anything pretty please help-having a slight freak out!

Everybody had to do the test (as far as I know), I did it and got a PFO a while ago now. If I were you I'd get in touch with graduate recruitment.
Everybody had to do the test (as far as I know), I did it and got a PFO a while ago now. If I were you I'd get in touch with graduate recruitment.

Okay thank you, they said theyre giving out offers in may so i might wait and see if i get something over the next week!
Original post by Lawyer2bgirl
anyone applied to foot anstey?

Yep but have not heard anything back yet. Have you?
Yeah I got a PFO from DWF...terrible interview though, right before a 3 hour exam!!
Reply 5030
It's a long story, but basically at my uni they ran a mooting competition between the students with the highest marks in equity and trusts and I won the moot and so they offered me a vacation scheme :smile:

Fantastic, well done! A very prestigious award this year it would seem :smile:
Original post by TheCount.
Yep but have not heard anything back yet. Have you?

No i haven't heard back
Original post by benren
Fantastic, well done! A very prestigious award this year it would seem :smile:

Thanks very much! Haha yes I'm very fortunate to have to opportunity :smile:
Original post by aquila381
No, still waiting. Hopefully they're just taking their time but we are meant to hear this month so each day is a bit more worrying.

Did either of you get invited to complete the online assessment?
Original post by parmaviolets

I haven't heard a thing since i sent off my application form.

No, so I'm assuming that's bad news for me then. Can I ask when you got it and which office you applied to? Thanks
I didn't either, but I read on the website that the next step is an invitation to an online test if your application gets through the first round. I couldn't understand whether that was meant to be completed before the May deadline or whether they'd invite us to do THAT in May! No one seems to have heard anything from them, which I guess is a good sign...
Reply 5037
I didn't either, but I read on the website that the next step is an invitation to an online test if your application gets through the first round. I couldn't understand whether that was meant to be completed before the May deadline or whether they'd invite us to do THAT in May! No one seems to have heard anything from them, which I guess is a good sign...

I had to do the online tests within days of the deadline and got a PFO over Easter. I'd guess all the vac schemes have been given now, hopefully not hearing is a good thing though.
Original post by Member222
Any news from Bevan Brittan or DAC?

Bevan Brittan's website says they will let everyone know by the end of the month.
Anyone who's got DLA been emailed their CRB forms yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending