The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2013 GET ON IT EARLY!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Balagan
Does anyone here have any idea when DLA piper start accepting applications for their vac schemes?

No but I am waiting for them as well - their website said November so I'm assuming any time soon!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by RobPrager
Nope, I'm waiting to hear about the Winter Workshop..! And somebody on here said they had already had an offer for the scheme.

Also waiting to hear from A&O and Travers Smith for their Winter Schemes.

Applied to Travers mid October and havent heard since. Anyone who did BLP assessment day or SH interview and still didnt hear back? For me today/tomorrow its been 2 weeks :frown:
Reply 582
It's been a week since my JD interview...still nothing :s-smilie:
got my JD rejection exactly a week after the interview. So maybe its a good sign. :wink:
Reply 584
Original post by OldOyster
Congratulations! I'm going to call tomorrow if I haven't heard. If by some fluke I've got it I will just pray that work is understanding about it...

Have you still not heard from HL? I did an assessment day last week too, feeling quite doubtful about it now...
Reply 585
Original post by the punter
got my JD rejection exactly a week after the interview. So maybe its a good sign. :wink:

Looks like it's a rejection for me too! The interview wasn't great.
Original post by katetaylor
You a first year too?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, third year history.
A couple of open days aren't specifically first year though, so I figured I may as well go for them!
Reply 587
Original post by vertigogo
Have you still not heard from HL? I did an assessment day last week too, feeling quite doubtful about it now...

I called earlier - I could be wrong but I got the impression that for Winter schemes they hadn't told anybody yet (unless anyone knows otherwise). Think we might find out tomorrow. But yea, also quite doubtful.
Original post by legalwannabe
No, third year history.
A couple of open days aren't specifically first year though, so I figured I may as well go for them!

Ahh right, good luck. Where have you applied? Have you heard back from anyone?
I called earlier - I could be wrong but I got the impression that for Winter schemes they hadn't told anybody yet (unless anyone knows otherwise). Think we might find out tomorrow. But yea, also quite doubtful.

They're still doing assessments throughout this week (mine is today :P) so maybe they're waiting for everyone's interview results before offering?
Ahh right, good luck. Where have you applied? Have you heard back from anyone?

To A&O and BLP.
I just want to see first hand what a larger London firm is like before I spend time doing vac scheme and TC applications to be sure that really is what I want!! There's so much to decide like size of firm, nature of work that I've spent the last yearish trying to get an insight into as much as possible to make an informed decision!

Haven't heard back from either yet but the BLP deadline is today so I'm hoping that they'll be making some decisions in the next week or so.

Have you applied for any?
Reply 591
Original post by LawOfEntropy
They're still doing assessments throughout this week (mine is today :P) so maybe they're waiting for everyone's interview results before offering?

Good luck! We were told within 5 working days after ours - due to my circumstances I also contacted them yesterday to enquire and they said we should find out today. So maybe today is the half way point and they will give some out and the rest will be allocated after this week. Who knows. Hard to second guess these things. Best of luck today.
Reply 592
Sorry - that should have said we were told we would hear within 5 working days
Reply 593
Sorry - that should have said we were told we would hear within 5 working days

Were you also at the one on Tuesday OldOyster?
Reply 594

Maybe :wink:
Original post by legalwannabe
To A&O and BLP.
I just want to see first hand what a larger London firm is like before I spend time doing vac scheme and TC applications to be sure that really is what I want!! There's so much to decide like size of firm, nature of work that I've spent the last yearish trying to get an insight into as much as possible to make an informed decision!

Haven't heard back from either yet but the BLP deadline is today so I'm hoping that they'll be making some decisions in the next week or so.

Have you applied for any?

Only a few do first year schemes but so far I've applied for:

Hogan Lovells (PFO'd)
Slaughter and May (Requested UMS, waiting now :Z )
Clifford Chance
Allen and Overy
Stephenson Harwood
Weil

I'm doing one every few days! It's exhausting work but I'd kill for some experience.

Good luck with BLP!
Reply 596

PFO from hogan lovells. Totally gutted. Was definitely my top choice and there aren't many other places I am that desperate to work at...argh.
Reply 597
anyone heard from a&o winter vac?
Only a few do first year schemes but so far I've applied for:

Hogan Lovells (PFO'd)
Slaughter and May (Requested UMS, waiting now :Z )
Clifford Chance
Allen and Overy
Stephenson Harwood
Weil

I'm doing one every few days! It's exhausting work but I'd kill for some experience.

Good luck with BLP!

It definitely takes alot of time!
Now starting the vac scheme applications..... :s

Thanks, good luck to you too!
Reply 599
PFO from hogan lovells. Totally gutted. Was definitely my top choice and there aren't many other places I am that desperate to work at...argh.

Oh I'm so sorry. I still haven't heard, but will be really gutted too if not, I liked it a lot at interview.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending