The Student Room Group

IB Lost

Scroll to see replies

Realistically I don't think il need too much of like my own clothes since I'm I'm a suit for school, then sports kit afterwards but il probably be like, 'what happens if I need that top for something!' which means il pack too much stuff I probably won't need :P but il leave that to when I get round to packing, which knowing me will probably take a few hours :P
Reply 121
yeah me too. right now there's like everything out of my closet spread over the living room...it's just i need sports kit,pyjamas,rain coat,winter coat,blablabla...i feel like i can't leave anything here. i mean what happens if i need it?:biggrin: and i bought so many toiletries....too many in fact. they propably will need their own suitcase:biggrin: and i don't have any stationery yet. how's this all going to fit in the suitcases?:biggrin: i bet i'll forget something vital:biggrin: like my phone charger or my laptop:biggrin: or i forget to bring a tooth brush. i know i'm going to... :biggrin:I'm insane,i'm mad,i'm paranoid and overly dramatic:biggrin: did i mention that i'm freaking out? because i reaaaally am...oh boy this is really happening.
Hahaha, oh that made me laugh! But dont worry, you're not alone! I have folders and pens in bags everywhere, shoes scattered as I try to decide which are necessary (to me they all are) and still have to stock up on toiletries AND THEN getting paid on Tuesday so I'm buying a new laptop! Gosh, busy busy busy :P still, athough things are coming together slowly I'm still not feeling like im leaving...weird huh? But hopefully when we go down on Wednesday it'll kick in as I see what will be like home for the next 2 years! Oh and random question, do you think I need a black or like plain swim suit? It doesnt say on the lists, but since there are 2 pools I didn't know whether I could just wear any? Hmm, perhaps il take both...and I'm talking to myself...this is what has happened with all this chaos of going!

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Wildfire
Reply 123
all of your shoes are necesarry...at least mine all are:biggrin: and so are my clothes. not just the pieces that i actually wear but also the ones that i bought about a decade ago and never wore:biggrin: i may have already asked that question,but do you get a single room or a double?
i hope i get a single room or not:biggrin: i don't know:biggrin: and hey cool that you're getting a new laptop...what laptop are you planning to buy? i also still don't feel like i'm leaving. it's just weird...it was only december 16th yesterday when i decided what school i'm going to...about the swim suit. my school wasn't precise about the swim suits either but i guess im getting one at the school shop. but as far as i remember the one you can buy there was in kind of a navyish colour. i think you would be safe with a dark coloured suit,but i guess they don't care unless you're on the swimteam.for sure you'd be safe with taking both.
i've been talkng to myself since there was no one else home:biggrin: except for my dog and the cat:biggrin: been talking to them to,but they don't really answer for some reason:biggrin:
Haha I talk to my pets all the time, pretty sure they get me :P anndd yeah I think that's a good shout about the swim suit, il ask on Wednesday :smile: haha, and then there's like jewellery, bags, scarves etc. etc....I better start getting stuff together :biggrin: as for the room, I have a double I think, sharing with someone this year then get my own next year, but I don't get to know who it is until i go! So I'm hoping we get along and have things in common!! What about you? :smile:
Reply 126
Original post by 24hoursmiles
Haha I talk to my pets all the time, pretty sure they get me :P anndd yeah I think that's a good shout about the swim suit, il ask on Wednesday :smile: haha, and then there's like jewellery, bags, scarves etc. etc....I better start getting stuff together :biggrin: as for the room, I have a double I think, sharing with someone this year then get my own next year, but I don't get to know who it is until i go! So I'm hoping we get along and have things in common!! What about you? :smile:

Good to Know im nit the only One talking to my pets:biggrin: exactly the same thing with jewellery bags scarves here. I already have 4 baskets füll of pyjamas,sports clothes,scarves,undergarments,shoes and tshirts/tops...so im not sure about my room Situation. Usually the lower sixth formers get a double,but sometimes if there are free rooms they get single rooms. In case there are rooms available ib students are usually preferred since they have to work more. Ill know when i get there...hole we both get along with our room mates if we both have on.if we dont i hope you Do:biggrin: Im not sure weather i want a roommate or not...if you could chose would you like one or nit?
Btw great Laptop. My dad used to have a similar i think...

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio
Haha thanks :smile: at least you're ahead of me though and even more prepared! But it's my last shift today, so then I can eventually get sorted! As for the room thing, I'm not sure I think it's going to be abit weird at first since I have my own room now and like my own things and privacy sometimes but I think with a room mate it's gunna be easier to make friends, plus I don't think il be spending tons of time in my room, but I guess we'll see! Then again, if we didn't get along, that'd be awful!
Reply 128
hey congrats. last shift. mine was last week on thursday or friday...i don't remember:biggrin:
so i ordered the sports kit today since the shool knows if you didn't already:biggrin: and i named the school address as shipping address...do you think that's okay? it wn't be here till september and they said i could send my stuff to the school if i want to. thought the same about the rooms. we'll see:biggrin: but it really would be awful if we didn't get along wth our roommates. so i got two more random questions:biggrin: first: what phone/internet card do you think i should get? i read somewhere that there's some kind of prepaid contract card,but i'm not sure...thought you might know more bout this than i do.
and the other question would be: do you think that after the first year we can leave our stuff there and then just come back after the summer and already have most of the things that we need there? i know it's far in the future and i have a feeling that it's nor allowed,but maybe it is...would be better in my situation, since otherwise i'd have to send everything there next year. my family's only coming this year. i do have a guardian in the UK but she doesn't really live nearby the school. i already got 2 baskets full of just shoes...it's ridiculous taking so many shoes,but i feel like they'd be mad if i left any of them behind:biggrin: i'm such a girl... i usually don't care about shoes,clothes or shopping at all,but now my shoes are looking at me like little puppies:biggrin:
Haha Thankyou! Right, firstly I think sending the sports kit to the school is perfectly fine, maybe ring the school just so that they are aware it's coming and it's yours? Secondly, the phone thing, I'm assuming you mean a mobile phone? If so, well most phone providers in the uk such as, Vodafone, O2, 3, orange, t mobile etc. all have contracts, most of which are from a year onwards, paid monthly like a package, for example, I have a contract and get unlimited texts, 900 minutes and some Internet data allowance for like £15 per month....you can eIther get a new phone or a sim card, however I don't know whether your phone would work here? Without running up a huge bill :wink: if that doesn't answer your question just let me know :biggrin:
As for the second question, you may be able to leave that if you can negotiate that you get the same room...however I would imagine that they switch who has what room and So you may have to take some, then again you could maybe talk to the school to see of they could store your things for you somewhere until term begins again :smile:
Haha I know how you feel! I'm trying to cut down on how many pairs I take...but that's not going well! :biggrin:
Reply 130
good idea. gonna do this right tomorrow morning. yeah i do mean a mobile phone:biggrin: there's so many people in the US without a fixed phone and just mobile phone flat rates instead that noone calls them mobiles anymore. thaon the other hand that might be just very common in urban areas.i think i'm just going to get a new sim card. would you recommend any provider? i used to have o2 in the US and in germany then switched to t-mobile for germany and green phone(prepaid) for the US. what do you mean my phone might not work in theUK? or are you just talking bout the sim card?
about the room... i think the school's also used as summer school so i'll propably cant leave my stuff in the room,but i asked the girl that gave me the tour about it and she said that another girl brought her own desk and stuff and she left it in a storage room during the summer. but that might've been an exception...but i guess i'll just ask and see.
Can imagine that:biggrin: i had the same problem,but my mum cut me down to 4 pair of school shoes,trainers and 2 pairs of sneakerish casual shoes. all the other shoes...i heard them cry when i put them back :frown: :biggrin: also i feel like my list of things that i still need becomes lonnger and longer...
Okay :smile: Yeah personally I think o2 and Vodafone are good (had them both in the past) but to be honest it really depends on which network gets the best phone reception in the area where your school is, perhaps when you ring the school to make them aware about your sports kit, just ask what network gets best coverage in that area? But yeah then go for a sim and you should be fine :biggrin: theres generally a few deals going around on sims, depending on what you'll be using your phone for :biggrin: annnddd yeah I should imagine they would store a few things for you considering your situation, so again I wouldnt worry about that either! and tomorrow I will begin gathering clothes, shoes, everything.. getting the last few bits so that'll be exciting :biggrin:
Reply 132
great idea:biggrin: didn't think of just asking them.:biggrin:i'm going to need to use my phone for internet and texting and stuff,since we have only a few hours of internet everyday and i will need a little more than that for research mainly and also staying in touch with my family.you're propably right about the storing.no need to worry...
i think im gunna start packing tomorrow. my mum is so mean. not only did she cut me down on just a few pair of shoes,bbut she also threw out so much of my own clothes. she's an evil person:biggrin:
Haha, il get what I think is necessary to take with me, all together...my mum will come in and most likely half it :P I'm terrified! Haha, but I suppose it's harder for you since you don't live in the uk, my mum just says if I need something I don't have to, she'll send it or bring it down with her :smile: which I suppose is quite lucky...but still! I like to have everything I may possibly need for any situation so I'm prepared!
Reply 134
yeah me too. i want all my stuff with me. I could need it all:biggrin: My mum said shewould send it if i needed anything or just give it to my dad. he's in london aout one week a month so it would be alright...
are you freaking out as much as i am? is it really only a week until school?
Ah if your dad is here that frequently then itll be fine! Haha I think the first couple of days will feel like a school trip to be honest...I'm just starting to get abit 'oh god I'm really going in like a week!' I think though, il be more excited when I go down on Wednesday but agghhhh so soon!
Reply 136
i feel the same way:biggrin:
the only problem with my dad is: he's a dick:biggrin: i went to his office today,because he asked if he's going to see me again before i'm leaving and then he was all like "i don't think this is a good idea and you only came because i asked you to and blablabla" i mean seriously?! what did he want me to see for?:biggrin:
but i'm guessing he would take some of my stuff with him to lodon...he's not THAT much of an arse.
Haha, I'm sure he'll miss you when you leave :biggrin: gosh, had such a busy day today! Last night I stayed over at a friends house with a bunch of mates and we didn't sleep at all, so I was shattered this morning! Then, drive to pick up my new laptop (eventually!) and then went to my new school for sports kit and to see my room! Of which I am very pleased with! It's so much bigger than I expected, with lots of storage space etc. so that's a bonus, more places to hide all the shoes! Though, I was pretty shocked at how much the sports kit cost, we ended up having to get the school track suit, hoody, skirt, white polo, red and white match tee, 2 pairs of socks and a thermal top for like £240! Which I thought seemed pretty darn expensive if I say so myself... But seeing it again, really hit home! Like all this summer I've known I was going yet had exams and work as distractions and now there are no distractions because I'm going in 7 days! Made me a lot more nervous if I'm honest! But then came home to find my main computer had got a virus :/ so I couldn't copy some files onto my new laptop :frown: but now, everything is bought, just needs labelling! So busy!
Reply 138
exactly the same thing with me. my sports kit was about 280 bucks...yes my mum did order 3 pairs of spare games socks,but that really couldn't have added the sum up that much. i can imagine how smashed you were after that sleepover...I'm going to have a few friends over tomorrow. i can only hope we don't end up being as shattered in the morning :biggrin:
you're so lucky you've already seen your room. i wish i could. i mean i've seen rooms when i visited,but not my actual room. did you also meet your roommate yet?
it's really only just 5 days or something,isn't it? hit me as hard as it could in my stomach yesterday night. and then today when i went to the stables to take care of my horse. can't believe my lovely girl will be stuck with my 9 year old brother,my sister and my mum most of the time:biggrin: i mean in total i'll almost be as much in the stables as i would if i didn't go, but i could go whenever i want and what if she gets ill or depressed in the winter again(she has laminitis and some weird illness that makes her all apathetic in the winter)... i just want to have the possibility to go.
anyway i'm also really looking forward to this. I'm so happy that i get the chance to go to that great school with good facilities,good teachers and hopefully much nicer people than at my old school.(gosh am i happy to finally be rid of those people:biggrin: )
so basically one part of me is crying like a little baby and wants to stay in it's bed forever(now that would make sense,wouldn't it?:biggrin:) while the other part of me is overflowing with excitement.
did i mention that i really can't believe that we are both actually going...it's just...it's weird in my head and it's weird outside y head...it's just that weird:biggrin:
did that make any sense?:biggrin:
ok i'm going to stop now...:biggrin:
Reply 139
oh my god that post was long:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending