The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Social science foundation year. Leeds uni. Anybody doing this?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tg12345
same I'm at this http://www.iq-student-accommodation.com/student-accommodation/leeds which is only 15 minutes to the parkinson building

Ohh I went to view iq, it's nice :smile: really cheap for the standard too! I can't wait to start now, too excited for freshers lol

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by tg12345
whaaa i haven't received any emails like that :s-smilie: I'm worried because I'm in private accommodation ill miss out on all of this! Everyone after our induction should all go out for a drink at the 'library pub' ease the awkwardness!

Definitely up for drinks after induction!

Reply 22
wooo! i'm so excited now ive met a few people on my course haha! its gonna be such a good course :biggrin:
Original post by tg12345
wooo! i'm so excited now ive met a few people on my course haha! its gonna be such a good course :biggrin:

Me too! I was worrying I was gona start not knowing anyone at all haha! Where ate you moving from? Yeah it seems really good, im a bit gutted its only 9 hours for the first year tho lol.

Reply 24
Original post by lauren_lfc
Me too! I was worrying I was gona start not knowing anyone at all haha! Where ate you moving from? Yeah it seems really good, im a bit gutted its only 9 hours for the first year tho lol.

Im moving in on the 15th september what about you :smile: and ahh is it :/ well i guess theres loads of additional time to put in extra reading and stuff to get a good background basis!
Original post by tg12345
Im moving in on the 15th september what about you :smile: and ahh is it :/ well i guess theres loads of additional time to put in extra reading and stuff to get a good background basis!

I'm moving on the 15th too :smile: think Saturday is probably the best day to move in! Yeah that's true, any ideas what you'll be going on to after first year?

Reply 26
Original post by tg12345
whaaa i haven't received any emails like that :s-smilie: I'm worried because I'm in private accommodation ill miss out on all of this!

Hmmm, yeah I would give them a ring or something because that email is from accom at the uni.
Reply 27
Original post by tg12345
whaaa i haven't received any emails like that :s-smilie: I'm worried because I'm in private accommodation ill miss out on all of this! Everyone after our induction should all go out for a drink at the 'library pub' ease the awkwardness!

And yes, drinks after induction!
You guys on facebook?
Original post by tg12345

Don't worry - you'll get a pack from the university that gives you your portal login some time either late next week or the week after.
Original post by chloeamy
And yes, drinks after induction!
You guys on facebook?

I'm on Facebook, I'm a bit obsessed with all the Leeds groups now ha. My names Lauren Corner so just add me on Facebook :smile:

Reply 30
Original post by lauren_lfc
I'm on Facebook, I'm a bit obsessed with all the Leeds groups now ha. My names Lauren Corner so just add me on Facebook :smile:

Haha! Me too! Just added you, pretty sure it's the right one as we have mutual friends with 'All-Leeds students' :P

I'm Chloe Soffe x
Original post by chloeamy
Haha! Me too! Just added you, pretty sure it's the right one as we have mutual friends with 'All-Leeds students' :P

I'm Chloe Soffe x

Lol yeah it was the right one :smile: facebooks better anyways lol x

Reply 32
Im on facebook add me guys Tanya Goode :smile:
Reply 33
Woah, we really only get 9 hours taught in the first year? Looks like I might have time for a little part time job after all then :L
Original post by dani3092
Woah, we really only get 9 hours taught in the first year? Looks like I might have time for a little part time job after all then :L

Yeah I got told in my interview! 3 hours on a Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday if I remember correctly. Long weekends for us! :smile: lol x

Reply 35
Aww he never told me any of this :frown: Guess we can't complain about a long weekend though :P x
Aww he never told me any of this :frown: Guess we can't complain about a long weekend though :P x

Yeah we can't :smile: much more time recovering from the weekend lol. Where about are you from? X

Reply 37
Exactly :wink: I'm from Peterborough. Down near-ish London if you don't know it ^_^. you?? x
Exactly :wink: I'm from Peterborough. Down near-ish London if you don't know it ^_^. you?? x

I've heard of it, thought it was up north though tbh haha. I'm from Liverpool. Do you have Facebook? What accommodation are you staying in too? X

Reply 39
I already have you on facebook I believe haha. I'm in James Bailie =D x

Quick Reply

Latest