The Student Room Group

Help!!Resitting exam + ucas points question!

Hey, basically I've failed my first biology paper. It's obvious i've done badly as I was moderatly ill on the day and didn't revise well. I know however i'll do ok on the next one in roughly a weeks time. Because I'm not going to universty this year I was wondering if it's possible to resit a specific exam (just the second paper) or would I have to resit both? + how do I go about getting a resit sorted? (It can't be through my school because I'm on a part time course this year).

Also if a courses requirements are:
"Points accepted: 280
Minimum points required from qualifications with the volume and depth of A level or equivalent: 160"
Does this mean If you apply with 160 points you are less likely to get in? (this is for design course which would need a portfolio btw).
Thanks in advance!
Reply 1
You need 280 points in total. 160 must come from A levels (or equivalent). If you apply with just 160 you don't meet the requirement - you could get in anyway, but don't count on it.
Reply 2
Original post by krannock
Hey, basically I've failed my first biology paper. It's obvious i've done badly as I was moderatly ill on the day and didn't revise well. I know however i'll do ok on the next one in roughly a weeks time. Because I'm not going to universty this year I was wondering if it's possible to resit a specific exam (just the second paper) or would I have to resit both? + how do I go about getting a resit sorted? (It can't be through my school because I'm on a part time course this year).

Yes you can re-sit just one unit. You can take it at any exam centre that will accept private candidates - the easiest option is obviously your current school but if they won't let you then you just have to ring round other schools and colleges and ask. These is some advice on the exam board websites - just go to the board you want and search for 'private candidates'.
Reply 3
Original post by Juno
You need 280 points in total. 160 must come from A levels (or equivalent). If you apply with just 160 you don't meet the requirement - you could get in anyway, but don't count on it.

So if i have atleast 160 ucas from a levels, and also have 220 ucas from a foundation course I'd have the required points? o:
Reply 4
bump

Quick Reply

Latest