The Student Room Group

Help with career path dentistry resitting a levels

Hi all,

I’m planning on resitting my a-levels to get into dentistry next year.

I have 100% done horribly this year, but i know i can get the grades with some more time and practice.

Ive got a couple of questions:
1. What grades do I apply with? If my actual A-level grades are shocking, surely i’d get rejected?

2. Can someone please write me up a sort of career pathway, including deadlines for my application, UCAT deadline stuff etc would appreciate it a ton

+ I have already looked at unis who accept resits

Thanks in advance :smile:
Reply 1
Are you in year 13? Are you still currently sitting the exam? If you apply through UCAS it is either with predicted or achieved grades. Since you have already sat exams you do have 'achieved' grades so perhaps those? But I get what ur saying about them rejecting you straight up so I'd recommend emailing ur specific unis with ur exact situation etc. May I ask which unis u have decided on which accept resits?

Booking for ucat opens on 20 june i think, you can test round about until mid september ? all info on website. deadline for early applicants to get application, ps n references in is 16 october !
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 2
If you have looked at dental schools then you will see the minimum grades they will accept if you are resitting. Some unis will not accept people resitting their A levels e.g. Liverpool.
Reply 3
Original post by IBRAHIM378
Hi all,

I’m planning on resitting my a-levels to get into dentistry next year.

I have 100% done horribly this year, but i know i can get the grades with some more time and practice.

Ive got a couple of questions:
1. What grades do I apply with? If my actual A-level grades are shocking, surely i’d get rejected?

2. Can someone please write me up a sort of career pathway, including deadlines for my application, UCAT deadline stuff etc would appreciate it a ton

+ I have already looked at unis who accept resits

Thanks in advance :smile:

Solid attitude in terms of not giving up but do make your own career pathway lmao its just a google search away.
You put ur achieved grades in ur application and u also have predicted grades .
Reply 4
I've got CCC I might retake a levels 2024 and apply for 2025 . I know I won't get a space for 2024 so there's no point applyin

Quick Reply

Latest