The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Anyone going to Coventry University College?

If so! I am so confused about what to do! I have a place there for a foundation year in healthcare science (1year course =£4800) but I am also thinking of retaking my biology A2 exam - is there any point in doing this as I wanted to go into Paramedic Science next year (due to no offers this year)

HELP PLEASE! :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
well if you have a place there you may as well go! :smile: your in! i wouldn't say ud need to retake your a2 exam again.

if you would be looking for accommodation for this place I have a house which has one space in it in a 5 bed house. Its a lovely house and if your interested please pm me :smile: :smile:

hope this all helps!
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Reply 2
My grades atm are so bad though .. and as this course is only one year and doesn't have any "proper" qualifications ... i feel as if i'm wasting a year and money along with it!

I just can't stand retaking a year at college, i'd rather be at uni!

Am i being completely stupid?! :frown:

Are you going there?

Btw - back to your point, thankyou for the offer! I shall have to take a rain check on it ! :smile: - will pm you shortly!
Reply 3
I would redo the biology A2 to be honest. If your only real idea behind doing the foundation course is because you want to be at uni, that's pretty weak.
Reply 4
Original post by APatel
My grades atm are so bad though .. and as this course is only one year and doesn't have any "proper" qualifications ... i feel as if i'm wasting a year and money along with it!

I just can't stand retaking a year at college, i'd rather be at uni!

Am i being completely stupid?! :frown:

Are you going there?

Btw - back to your point, thankyou for the offer! I shall have to take a rain check on it ! :smile: - will pm you shortly!

ive got an offer from coventry aswell, but am not to sure about it! ive put it as my insurance thoo but still dnt know! and omg accomdation is so hard! the uni doesnt help u find accomdation unlike most other unis :/
Reply 5
Original post by syrettd
I would redo the biology A2 to be honest. If your only real idea behind doing the foundation course is because you want to be at uni, that's pretty weak.

Hmmm true.. I thought it was myself to be completely honest!
I may just stay as an external student and then get a job and some extra work exp. to back my application for next year! :smile: thanks x
Reply 6
Original post by PriyaM
ive got an offer from coventry aswell, but am not to sure about it! ive put it as my insurance thoo but still dnt know! and omg accomdation is so hard! the uni doesnt help u find accomdation unlike most other unis :/

Hey! .. What are you studying there? I have no other offers though :frown: I have pretty ****ee grades and still don't know what to do and i haven't even done student finance yet so 'm abit messed up!! .. and where are you travelling from may i ask ? .. Accommodation is going to be the hardest - I guess they don't help as it's stated as a "college" hmm .. Let me know!
Reply 7
Original post by APatel
Hey! .. What are you studying there? I have no other offers though :frown: I have pretty ****ee grades and still don't know what to do and i haven't even done student finance yet so 'm abit messed up!! .. and where are you travelling from may i ask ? .. Accommodation is going to be the hardest - I guess they don't help as it's stated as a "college" hmm .. Let me know!

heyaa im doing the health and life sciences bt then i wanna do biomedical science after! and mee too!! i know the stuff bt i really do NOT exam WELL loool!! and oooh i think u should do ur student finance and from kent wbu? and defo the hardest!! im jus hoping i get into my firm of kingston instead! bt even thats a foundation yr at kingston college :frown: so ill still be going college for a year! haha
Reply 8
Original post by PriyaM
heyaa im doing the health and life sciences bt then i wanna do biomedical science after! and mee too!! i know the stuff bt i really do NOT exam WELL loool!! and oooh i think u should do ur student finance and from kent wbu? and defo the hardest!! im jus hoping i get into my firm of kingston instead! bt even thats a foundation yr at kingston college :frown: so ill still be going college for a year! haha

IM DOING HEALTH AND LIFE SCIENCES TOO! .. and same ahahha - i know my stuff .. im just INCREDIBLY CRAP AT APPLICATION OF KNOWLEDGE! LOL! ... and yeahh gonna get on with it after Biology's last exam on friday :smile:

Ohhh Damn ... you're not in travelling distance then? .. I'm from Leicester! :smile:
Ahh at least you have other offers (GOOD LUCK! - SURE YOU DON'T NEED IT) I don't have any other offers :frown: hopefully ive done better than i think :wink: Clearing could be an option!

Have you "accepted" cov college? ...
Annoying thing is ..it isn't even a proper qualification after! - you going to any open days? :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by APatel
IM DOING HEALTH AND LIFE SCIENCES TOO! .. and same ahahha - i know my stuff .. im just INCREDIBLY CRAP AT APPLICATION OF KNOWLEDGE! LOL! ... and yeahh gonna get on with it after Biology's last exam on friday :smile:

Ohhh Damn ... you're not in travelling distance then? .. I'm from Leicester! :smile:
Ahh at least you have other offers (GOOD LUCK! - SURE YOU DON'T NEED IT) I don't have any other offers :frown: hopefully ive done better than i think :wink: Clearing could be an option!

Have you "accepted" cov college? ...
Annoying thing is ..it isn't even a proper qualification after! - you going to any open days? :smile:

aww goodluck for tomoro! im dreading bio :'( andd its aboutt 2 hrs away without traffic and nooo im not gna go to an open day i actually cbb lool wbu? and yeh ive accepted it but as an insurance if i dnt get into kingston
Original post by APatel
x

I'm doing healthcare and life sciences there too! I'm hoping to complete this 4 year course then apply to graduate entry in medicine :rolleyes:

Only course that would accept me as I only hold 2 A-levels :colondollar:
Reply 11
Original post by PriyaM
aww goodluck for tomoro! im dreading bio :'( andd its aboutt 2 hrs away without traffic and nooo im not gna go to an open day i actually cbb lool wbu? and yeh ive accepted it but as an insurance if i dnt get into kingston

-How did bio go?! x
Reply 12
Original post by Macromolecular
I'm doing healthcare and life sciences there too! I'm hoping to complete this 4 year course then apply to graduate entry in medicine :rolleyes:

Only course that would accept me as I only hold 2 A-levels :colondollar:

Ooo im confused ... 4 year course? =) In healthcare and Life sciences? x
Reply 13
Original post by APatel
-How did bio go?! x

ermm it wass okaayish! no topic 7 tho! wbu? do u do edexcel bio?
Original post by APatel

Yeah...it's a foundation course so an additional year along with another 3 years. I might complete this though then apply for another course elsewhere (transferring)
Reply 15
I have an offer to do law and practice there but as I am 24 I dont know whether I want to go to college again or not and I cant seem to find anyone else doing the same course haha.
Has anyone been to an open day there? What was it like?

Hana xx
Reply 16
Original post by APatel

Did u get the results you wanted? I'm going Coventry college instead of Kingston! Haha

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 17
Totally failed ... lets say i walked out with only 160 ucas points!!!!
But by doing this course .. it has no qualification ..so i'm tempted just to retake alevels ..although with the lecture i'm getting right now - thats not an option.
Reply 18
Original post by APatel
Totally failed ... lets say i walked out with only 160 ucas points!!!!
But by doing this course .. it has no qualification ..so i'm tempted just to retake alevels ..although with the lecture i'm getting right now - thats not an option.

yeaaah same! but thats why im not retaking because my dads like jus get in to uni and hes happy! ahha i really wanted to go kingston but i think im just being greedy now! i show me glad i got smewhere!
I had a course change from psychology to legal studies not what i was expecting but after reading what the course is about it seemed interesting so i decided to go for it.. just wondering is anyone else doing the same course

Quick Reply

Latest