The Student Room Group

What universities are open to me with grades BBBC/D

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by pshewitt1
you don't seem to understand what a foundation year is... it's integrated onto the course for people who can't make the usual offer, it's all taught at the university, and you advance onto the course provided you pass it... for example I can go to Liverpool, Manchester, Southampton and B'ham.
http://www.manchester.ac.uk/undergraduate/courses/foundationyear/uk-eu/

Why are you taking time out of your day to paste stuff of the internet to ''teach me''. I know what a foundation year is, go on about your day.
Reply 41
Original post by jesse111
Why are you taking time out of your day to paste stuff of the internet to ''teach me''. I know what a foundation year is, go on about your day.

Are you at Uni/a graduate?
Reply 42
Original post by MattyJo
Are you at Uni/a graduate?

Starting this september, with a brother thats in his second year.
Reply 43
Original post by MattyJo
I've had a look about but was wondering if anyone else had any ideas about where I could potentially be going? Would rather the institution be in the South. In my A levels I aim to achieve B (Maths), B (Further Maths), B (Biology), and C/D(Physics).
Obviously I know these grades are not good enough to get into a Russell Group so I was wondering about the alternatives?

Oxford Brookes requirements for mathematics are BBB or BBC for a combined degree :smile:
Original post by MattyJo
What would you be your alternative suggestion? I very much enjoy the subject in school and I've read some books and it looks very appealing.

Fair enough, enjoyment is as good a reason as any to pursue a subject at uni. I was just commenting from personal experience. I enjoy Chemistry but I can barely just scrape an A if I'm lucky- the thought of Chemistry at uni terrifies me because I would be very scared of coming out with a 3rd or something. If you think you can handle it and you love it- go for it!
Reply 45
A decent one is Queen Mary London - They usually offer BBB including maths and further maths.
We do the same subjects :smile::smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my E15i
Reply 47
Original post by FEOFILAKT
A decent one is Queen Mary London - They usually offer BBB including maths and further maths.

Damn, cheers, did not know that!
You can do Maths at lots of uni's with BBB. Here are some of the top of my head:

UWE
Greenwich
Trent
Reply 49
Original post by MattyJo
Damn, cheers, did not know that!

No worries, it is the best with BBB in my opinion.
Reply 50
Have a look at http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Mathematics_entry_requirements for a list of the typical offers from each university. But bear in mind that some of them may change for next year so use it more as a rough guide.
Reply 51
You could apply for Royal Holloway, Queen Mary and Reading. All 3 universities are quite strong.

Royal Holloway's Maths and Philosophy course has ABB entry requirements but they are generally quite lenient if you miss the grades (their course have been in Clearing for the last 2 years, probably further back too). You'll have done Further Maths which put you in an advantageous position.
Original post by MattyJo
I've had a look about but was wondering if anyone else had any ideas about where I could potentially be going? Would rather the institution be in the South. In my A levels I aim to achieve B (Maths), B (Further Maths), B (Biology), and C/D(Physics).
Obviously I know these grades are not good enough to get into a Russell Group so I was wondering about the alternatives?

Look on the UCAS website for a full list of options, and go through them systematically. This is much more thorough and personal than asking a random group of people on the internet.
Reply 53
Original post by T-o dore
Look on the UCAS website for a full list of options, and go through them systematically. This is much more thorough and personal than asking a random group of people on the internet.

It's hardly a random group of people is it? This is a forum for people that are studying Maths at University.
Original post by MattyJo
It's hardly a random group of people is it? This is a forum for people that are studying Maths at University.

True, but if you want no more specific than 'what uni can I get in to with these grades', you will inevitably get a more comprehensive view by looking on a comparative uni database.
Reply 55
Kingston Uni do a foundation degree, what about Portsmouth or Brighton (BBB)

Quick Reply

Latest