The Student Room Group

Did anyone else get an audition for the 2012 Olympic Opening Ceremony? (Part 2)

Scroll to see replies

Well someone had a camera today since the Mail has pics of people in their costumes... :mad:
Original post by Flakeydom
Well someone had a camera today since the Mail has pics of people in their costumes... :mad:

WHY !!! What w*nkers ..... Got to admit saw someone take a pic the other day but made sure it was just for them .... They seemed shocked to think to give it to the papers .... Can't believe some people !!! Pathetic !!!
Reply 1982

grrrrrrrrr why , how ?????? :unimpressed::angry:

Still doesn't tell anyone a whole lot of anything really. I've watched some of the segments and I still couldn't tell you what the big picture is or how the segments relate to each other. Those photos don't capture anything of the essence of the show. They're also missing the phenomenal sound from the stadium and you will only experience that when you're actually there.

The Mail is grasping at straws methinks.
Crikey, it really is just the 41s around tonight. This place will be a ghost-town for the next 3 evenings!

I remember a member from the Casting Team hinted to me at a recent rehearsal that there are a small handful of journalists / moles who have somehow slipped through the net in terms of volunteer cast. This being the case, the individual(s) involved would only need is a camera phone and internet connection.
Reply 1986
Original post by hutsulka
Just saw C4's trailer for the Paralympics http://paralympics.channel4.com/watch-now/btcup-2012/videoid=1233428/index.html. I am so, so thrilled to be involved in these games! I actually like this trailer a lot more than the BBC ones for the Olympics,

I agree - love the superhumans trailer- brilliant and I dont like the main olympics one for the same reasons! I am very proud to be with paras ceremony! We in the 87s and all the others supporting the paralympics ceremonies are really framing an incredible games. I must stop looking at the leaked photos for the OOC- going on 25th!

Bizarre: the BBC questioning people today with ceremonies lanyards on within the park! Gad leave em' alone. They keep showing different aerial views of the FOP layouts too- argh!
Wish we had a rehearsal this week but of course everyone is busy with you OOCers! I still do expect a segment in OOC including Benny Hill yakety sax :woohoo: music as in David Letterman's vid- brilliant-(thanks to Flakeydom!)
(edited 11 years ago)
I managed to get tickets to the men's cycling road race on the morning after the OCC today. I am v happy since I did want to see it but does mean an early start after a late night. Not too early since I can just cycle to Victoria rather than catch trains etc or I decide to miss the start and just go in a little later once the action is hotting up.

I may very well choose that day to wear my Ceremonies T and attach my cycling ticket to my Ceremonies lanyard!
Those mail photos are too good to be a phone.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC One X
I deserve a medal!

I lost my Dress rehearsal tickets before i'd even left the park... Took everything out of my bag on the underground and spent my train journey in tears.....
Reply 1990
Original post by maclondon
Those mail photos are too good to be a phone.

Quite - looks SLR quality to me. Wondered if it might have been a gamesmaker, though, as two of them look like they're outside the stadium, and I *think* some gamesmakers have been shown inside the stadium as part of their training.

It's the Daily Mail that have been the consistent sh*tbags about OC/CC info, though - way worse than any other paper. Kind of cements the previous opinion that I've had of them that they're lower than the red-tops that we always like to assume are the bottom of the barrel.

Great day today, mind, after the initial mind-numbing wait - not to mention separating the men from the women!
Original post by JessykarH
I deserve a medal!

I lost my Dress rehearsal tickets before i'd even left the park... Took everything out of my bag on the underground and spent my train journey in tears.....

email cc, when they gave you the tix, they scanned your badge and the envelope. Was your bag zipped up? If not someone could have stolen them... :frown: orrrrr handed them in if you did lose them (fingers crossed it's that as the ticket numbers must be traceable to the cast member...)
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1992
Original post by JessykarH
I deserve a medal!

:eek: Blimey Jess!! That's the sort of mad thing I do! Someone will have handed them in I'm sure, but if not have a word with CC tomorrow. I'm sure it will be fine! X
Oh no JessykarH! Hope someone has handed them in. Fingers crossed!

Glad it was a good day! See lots of you tomorrow or on Friday
Wow, the sound from the stadium travels far. Could hear segment 47 at Westfield's Cow.

I love how more and more details emerge at every rehearsal. Today's 51 reveal was awesome - we kind of predicted it, but not on that scale!
hi can wmw, 44-a, county D, pm me thanks
Reply 1996
Original post by commonliner
Wow, the sound from the stadium travels far. Could hear segment 47 at Westfield's Cow.

I love how more and more details emerge at every rehearsal. Today's 51 reveal was awesome - we kind of predicted it, but not on that scale!

Really?! I thought we were all being really quiet!!! Sssssh.

Is anyone else absoluuuuutely exhausted after today? Think it was all the extra mileage walking!

Great to see some further sections today, the pre-show being one of them.....looked stunning I thought.
Reply 1997
Original post by granta
Is anyone else absoluuuuutely exhausted after today? Think it was all the extra mileage walking!

Yup, absolutely knackered - don't want to walk another step! Wondering how we're going to feel about Sadurday, straight after Friday...
Reply 1998
Out of interest - anyone with Wed dress rehearsals tickets in block 201-210 who'd like to swap with my pair in block 242 row 71, to put my folk over on my side?
When did you guys get ur tickets

Quick Reply

Latest