The Student Room Group

Did anyone else get an audition for the 2012 Olympic Opening Ceremony? (Part 2)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by Lucky30
On my way home from a wet stadium you guys on the FOP are total legends xxx on an even more exciting note 51ers WEVE GOT TICKETS Whoop whoop I can't wait to tell my son :-)

How do you know officially? I didn't hear them say anything today and I don't have an email :frown:
Reply 381
Original post by 1983mike
How do you know officially? I didn't hear them say anything today and I don't have an email :frown:

They announced it at the end but loads of people had already left the bib collection people confused everyone but we were supposed to go back to our seats! They will be sending an email with details in the next few days. :-)

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 382
Any idea if all volunteers are getting tickets? I'm a 49'er (don't seem to be many of us on here) but we haven't heard anything yet? :smile:
Reply 383
Original post by Lucky30
They announced it at the end but loads of people had already left the bib collection people confused everyone but we were supposed to go back to our seats! They will be sending an email with details in the next few days. :-)

Grrrr, everyone was confused at the end so I checked with someone in a high vis jacket what we were meant to be doing and he told me to leave as soon as I had handed bib in :frown:
Reply 384
Original post by Lucky30

Email has been sent! Two guest tickets for the 25th - it's official for 51s! :cool:
Reply 385
Woohoo. I just got the email :smile: Now to pick two people...
Reply 386
Original post by Theepacre
Any idea if all volunteers are getting tickets? I'm a 49'er (don't seem to be many of us on here) but we haven't heard anything yet? :smile:

You will, certainly of you're in the Opening. Eligibility: 'All confirmed and contracted Olympic Opening Ceremony Volunteer performers, Chaperones and Support workers'
Reply 387
Fantastic news for all of you who have received tickets....some of us are still waiting and its like waiting all over again, checking emails every 5 mins :redface:
Reply 388
:biggrin: Yep in opening ceremony, just got to wait patiently on the email now...presume it may be after our next rehearsal like the 51'ers

Thanks for your response! :smile:
Reply 389
Original post by Lucky30
On my way home from a wet stadium you guys on the FOP are total legends xxx on an even more exciting note 51ers WEVE GOT TICKETS Whoop whoop I can't wait to tell my son :-)

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Got this email around 20 minutes ago, now I have to make a decision on which two family members to pick. That won't be easy with two brothers and the parents :biggrin:
Original post by commonliner
Nice! Sorry, I'm a bit busy at the moment, but until then...look what I found: :smile:
DSC05105.jpg

Awesome pic. I did had taken the pic of olympic rings of the tower bridge too when i visited inside for a free event this Friday:smile:. Had a wonderful time walking around the walkway taking snaps of far distant subjects.
Reply 391
Original post by hutsulka
Thank you both, I shall give these a shot! Yes I have done the torch thing and have the white spots, my throat looks like it has two golf balls at the back. I take it this is a bad thing? :redface: This is a recurring illness, maybe I should swallow my pride and go to the doc.

Sounds like you have tonsilitis - trip to the doc is in order.

:nurse:

Try stirring a teaspoon of turmeric into milk & heating it. Add a little honey if you prefer and/or grated nutmeg. Some people like ground black pepper.
(edited 11 years ago)
Hey 49ers have tickets too!! whoop whoop so exciting!!
Just got back from 1:1.

The weather started off dry, then it bucketed down with blustery rain, sun came out, got warm for a while, then turned slightly nippy. Had an interesting time jumping over the puddles trying to keep my feet (and shoes) dry.

Two other groups joined us (as well as the 63Bs) plus some pro dancers. Those of you who were in 1:1 would know what I'm talking about (I prefer not to expand on this in terms of which groups for obvious reasons).

All this news of tickets does make me think that those of us in Closing have most definitely got the short straw as there was no mention of it at our rehearsal today so can assume that the Closing Segments will not get the chance to view the Opening dress rehearsals in the Stadium :nope:
Very challenging rehearsal today. After a torrential downpour the Isles of Wonder resembled the Isle of Wight!

Late finish to rehearsal meant I missed my pre-booked train and had to pay alot more for my return journey home but feel alot better after a soak in a hot bath. I am too old for all this excitment!

Incidently, as I have no family or friends ( or more accurately no family or friends who are remotely interested in the Olympics) I will have 2 spare tickets for the Opening Ceremony Dress Rehearsal - I have had the official email! Happy to give them to someone rather than have empty seats. No big deal. No doubt I will suddenly aquire friends I never knew I had! LOL
Reply 395
Original post by wickedgrin

Incidently, as I have no family or friends ( or more accurately no family or friends who are remotely interested in the Olympics) I will have 2 spare tickets for the Opening Ceremony Dress Rehearsal - I have had the official email! Happy to give them to someone rather than have empty seats. No big deal. No doubt I will suddenly aquire friends I never knew I had! LOL

Hey WickedGrin! I'll bagsy them if you have no takers, but I know there's some on here who have some difficult family decisions to make (parents, brothers, sisters, etc).
Very challenging rehearsal today. After a torrential downpour the Isles of Wonder resembled the Isle of Wight!

Late finish to rehearsal meant I missed my pre-booked train and had to pay alot more for my return journey home but feel alot better after a soak in a hot bath. I am too old for all this excitment!

I would love to go, but am still havent got any confirmed offers yet for any ceremonies.

I too wouldn't mind lining up for them but I'm sure they may be a stampede on your hands - especially the Closing Segments (didn't have the guts to ask my CC as to whether we in Closing will get a chance of a ticket offer. As was frightened that they may ask how we know this information).
Reply 398
Yay Got my email! =]

Also discovred this morning that for some reason i'd been paid a day earlier than anyone else where i work =].... Shame Westfields was so close.... Make to -figures.... But atleast i've got some socks, tights, 2 dresses and a hair cut! =]

Anyone else bringing in a Ukulele tomorrow! =] I found two more people that play today and we're both bringing them in tomorrow =] If anyone else play feel free to join our ukulympics =] I think we're going to try and plan a mass uke session in break... Won't sound as good as us drummers but we can try =] I'm sure rick could help us with some lyrics:rock:
Reply 399
Perhaps everyone should put their pitch for wickedgrin's rehearsal tickets into a thread and then we could run a poll on the most deserving 'winner' :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest