The Student Room Group

Did anyone else get an audition for the 2012 Olympic Opening Ceremony? (Part 2)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Original post by curly6203
Ok to those who have been hit by the curse, last friday i had a can of beans dropped on my foot i rested it for two days and was back to work yesterday. It is still painful and briused but this evening when i touch it i get lile a pins and needles
Feeling in it. I dont want to waste the hospitals time bit not sure if it is fractured poss.

Any ideas???
This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100

With so many bones in your foot it is very likely you may have broken one or two!! Seriously you should go to get it looked at, if it is broken then it can be sorted and you could still be able to take part as it will have the necessary support in place! If it's not broken then you will have peace of mind :frown:
Reply 981
Original post by abs0n
No email from Mr Danny Boyle in my inbox yet, but I shall wait patiently :biggrin:

I just came across this cartoon and thought that it was very relevant to what we've been experiencing with regards to web articles over the past few days...

http://dilbert.com/strips/comic/2010-12-13/

(I would post the image, but it's not letting me on my iPad)

I still can't stop grinning whenever I think of what we are all involved in!

Go team! :biggrin:

:smile: Thanks it did make me chuckle.......
Reply 982
Original post by abs0n
I just came across this cartoon and thought that it was very relevant to what we've been experiencing with regards to web articles over the past few days...

http://dilbert.com/strips/comic/2010-12-13/

I like it! :biggrin:

23 days to go...
23__Logo.gif

Oh - and I found a longrange weather forecast - no promises on accuracy!
Screen shot 2012-07-04 at 07.54.37.png
Reply 983
Still no credentail email for me..
Reply 984
Original post by Flakeydom
LOL! :biggrin:

When the first person wrote it, I wondered if they meant tower and thought they'd gone up the Orbit or something. Then it become tour and I wondered if they'd gone for a wander around the stadium to the upper bowl. Ah - up the Tor! Gotcha!

Haha i think I started off the tour chain - learn something new everyday!

Anyhow off to UDAC this evening - hope there isnt much after work rush at their office!
The unthinkable has happened. I am feeling dejected about our section after yesterdays rehearsal :frown:
Reply 986
Anyone in Props - have you had any information about accreditation? I'm in staging and haven't heard anything
Reply 987
Original post by Mandy_Panda
The unthinkable has happened. I am feeling dejected about our section after yesterdays rehearsal :frown:

What happened?! I hope your section is not disbanded?!
Reply 988

I think we all have low times Mandy. From what I hear your segment is amazing:dancing2: - just think you could have been in 44 looking as 'elegant' as us :biggrin: and doing what we are doing :redface:. It is a difficult time so near to and yet so far from the ceremonies - so much to perfect and seemingly not enough time. Remember you cannot have the ups without the downs so I am sure next time will be better and you will be back to your wonderful bubbly self!
Reply 989

Oh no! Hopefully just because it was a gloomy evening and things didn't come together rather than suddenly hating the concept!
Reply 990

Ah don't be - it was a miserable night rehearsing in miserable (and dare I say, quite dangerous for us) conditions, plus the fact that we were just going over and over the same part (well we were). Plus side is that the hair and make-up look great, as do the hair accessories!!!, and we had the finger moustaches to make us giggle :smile:
thanks guys, there just seems so little time. I'm just losing the faith. Unnecessary changes are being made, and the things that need to be changed, aren't and important things seem to be overlooked. I'm convinced it just looks a mess and we'll be proving all the haters right. Hmmmmmm.
Original post by MsIs
Ah don't be - it was a miserable night rehearsing in miserable (and dare I say, quite dangerous for us) conditions, plus the fact that we were just going over and over the same part (well we were). Plus side is that the hair and make-up look great, as do the hair accessories!!!, and we had the finger moustaches to make us giggle :smile:

we are prob going to drinks before most rehearsals now :tongue: prob gonna do Las iguanas at 1 Sunday if you fancy it and bring anyone else. Happy hour on Sunday too! There's a new theme, I think.
Reply 993
I know what you mean Mandy. I think the miserable weather and dangerous conditions really didn't help. I know what you mean about feeling like there's so little time though, and things being overlooked - it feels quite frustrating at the moment. I think we just need to keep the faith that they know what they're doing, and there's no way they'll let anything look bad on the night - we will get there and it will be good!!
Reply 994
Original post by bluang3l
Anyone in Props - have you had any information about accreditation? I'm in staging and haven't heard anything

No we on props havent heard anything yet about accreditation either!
Reply 995

It was a miserable night last night weather wise at the stadium.
I was watching from the seats in the stadium for the first half of the rehearsal before your break, and I have to say it all looks totally fabulous.
It must be hard for you all when they make changes , but I am sure they know exactly what they are doing.
Try to keep the faith, from an outsiders point of view I think you are all doing an amazing job you all look fabulous.

Oh Mandy don't worry I felt (feel) exactly the same after Sunday's rehearsal. Funny thing is I can't really put my finger on it! We've had some cancellations, so Sunday morning was our only one and although we were there for several hours we did very little. I feel we're under-rehearsed, and when we did do it, it seemed a shambles to me. I think I want it to be perfect, time is running out ..... I don't know! But it made me feel a little better to know that I'm not the only one feeling like this. I've been giving myself serious 'talkings-to' this week because, above all, I want to enjoy every minute. It'll be great this week!:smile:
Reply 997
thanks guys, there just seems so little time. I'm just losing the faith. Unnecessary changes are being made, and the things that need to be changed, aren't and important things seem to be overlooked. I'm convinced it just looks a mess and we'll be proving all the haters right. Hmmmmmm.

It WILL be fine! Don't forget that this is a 'work in progress' at the moment and changes are inevitable. Also most of us are only aware of our own small parts and have no idea what the greater picture will look like. We have had a couple of rehearsals now that include other groups/scene changes/re-setting and although it all seems confused at times and our moves/positions/instructions alter, there is a purpose to it. Even if we think that our bit was just fine as it was, it may not have worked so well when added to other sections.

It really will be amazing - nothing like any other opening ceremony.
Reply 998
Original post by cornishscot
3 different DLR trains (45 mins.?) that was - Star Lane to Cutty Sark!

yeah avoid that - i went via stratford, rather than the complex dlr network
its only about 2/3 minutes on the dlr from star lane to stratford.
that bit of the dlr is very complex and does require 2/3 changes if you aren't careful. sometimes its easier to go the long way round.
Thank you guys, you're all fab. Hopefully Sundays rehearsal will go better. It's just very up in the air.

I can't wait to see all the other sections! I think I'm worried ours won't be as good as all the others and we'll let everyone down, arghhhhh, but they aren't going to let it be rubbish, I know that :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest