The Student Room Group

Did anyone else get an audition for the 2012 Olympic Opening Ceremony? (Part 2)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1180
Original post by EllieAtWHL
I believe you can turn up anytime you want on the day, so yes they would!

Similarly, you can leave when you want, so even if your ticketed even finishes at 11am, you can stay in the park until 10pm.

Thanks. It'd weird because my park ticket is from 10 until 3. I don't understand how they intend to enforce that?
Reply 1181
Original post by hgk
Good to meet 2 Sundays ago,Flakeydom, Helen (thanks for introduction) Gardener John, Suffragettes and drummers (sorry, can't remember names)

Disappointed that we won't be able to see other parts in the 1st dress rehearsal. Danny Boyle last week said that they were trying to get it so that we could!!??
What chance do you think that we might be given a DVD eg of dress rehearsal even? Would be good as recordings on Tv won't last for ever.
Perhaps we should all ask.

Why don't you just record the actual ceremony onto DVD? That's what I intend to do.
Original post by spook2575
Just received an email cancelling 51's session tommorrow and changing it to a costume call. Wonder if they'll reschedule this in an already tight schedule from next week onwards.

Hey
Did your email specifically say this is a costume call and you will have received an email if you are needed to attend?
I had a vague email from my CC to say for those of you attending the costume call on Saturday (you would have received an email if you were needed) here are the directions to 1:1. I chose not to go to 1:! as i had no such email and wasnt sure if any rehearsal would actually take place for my group?
As its a non compulsory one and ive had my fitting at the 1st rehearsal, i'd assumed that i wasnt needed, as i hadnt received an email.
i havent had much response from our cast co-ordinators recently so hoping that i wasnt needed!
Reply 1183
Queue is hour and a half at udac and growing

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by FilliGirl
Hey
Did your email specifically say this is a costume call and you will have received an email if you are needed to attend?
I had a vague email from my CC to say for those of you attending the costume call on Saturday (you would have received an email if you were needed) here are the directions to 1:1. I chose not to go to 1:! as i had no such email and wasnt sure if any rehearsal would actually take place for my group?
As its a non compulsory one and ive had my fitting at the 1st rehearsal, i'd assumed that i wasnt needed, as i hadnt received an email.
i havent had much response from our cast co-ordinators recently so hoping that i wasnt needed!

Last night's email specified that they were only doing an OCC fitting today at the 1:1, OOC fittings will be done on Tuesday at the stadium. Sounds as if you were right to skip today's call.
Original post by commonliner
Last night's email specified that they were only doing an OCC fitting today at the 1:1, OOC fittings will be done on Tuesday at the stadium. Sounds as if you were right to skip today's call.

Thanks Commonliner. Yeah, i figured as much. I'll have to email my Cast co-ordinator again just because we need more clarification!!! next rehearsal on the 12th at the stadium!
How are peoples Oyster cards looking?
I've got enough on mine for 2 more trips so i hope they top them up soon!
Reply 1187
Original post by JessykarH

I may be wrong Jess but I think you can go to the help desk at the stadium (on the left when you go through check in and pick up lunch) and they can top it up/give u a new one :-) love the badges idea v clever, I have decided to start customising my bib! hey if the drum caps can have their names on theirs why the cant we :-)
Original post by JessykarH

I should have nearly 20 trips left on my card, nice advantage to be living in the same zone as the Olympic Stadium and 1:1 :biggrin:
Original post by cornishscot
Update from tonight's RFH rehearsal - patterns.

Well what fun did I have tonight folks - saw another bit of the RFH choreo etc. and also got to meet many people sharing the venue (although in another room) for some international "Welsh" Male Voice Choir convention as I did meet and greet at the start of the evening before being moved onto "music cues" for the dancers - not sure which bit I would have enjoyed trying the most - the singing or the dancing although, in the case of the latter I was right at the front with the choreos anyway so had a great view of it all. There were MVCs there from Vancouver, Canberra and Glasgow (although their placard sign things suggest that every continent would be represented at the main event taking place at Royal Festival Hall on Southbank tomorrow I believe where a total cast of 500 voices will be singing together - what a lovely sound and who'd thought this would be such a popular pastime outside Wales too!)

WOW! Thanks for the update Cornishscot (this is becoming like a soap opera with me eagerly awaiting further details on the RFH).

I was doing some reading on FB and I do get the feeling that there will be dropouts by some of the samba dancers in relation to RFH. This is especially those who are with samba schools and mistakenly selected Paralympics Closing as their option. This is because many of the dancers who are performing at NHC are also "expected" to perform at the Thames Festival Parade. No prizes for guessing what date the Thames Festival Parade is. Hence potential diary clashes. So, those of you that were placed on "reserve" for RFH, do not lose hope as I'm sure there is still a chance for you to be selected.
Original post by Lucky30
I may be wrong Jess but I think you can go to the help desk at the stadium (on the left when you go through check in and pick up lunch) and they can top it up/give u a new one :-) love the badges idea v clever, I have decided to start customising my bib! hey if the drum caps can have their names on theirs why the cant we :-)

I was talking about that at our last rehearsal, I said it'd be so much easier for us becuase then we don't have to remember 999 peoples names, Just look at their bib =]

Original post by A*Student
I should have nearly 20 trips left on my card, nice advantage to be living in the same zone as the Olympic Stadium and 1:1 :biggrin:

Thanks. for the help, I shall do that next time =] You're well lucky living so close, It takes me two hours when the trains run smoothly and i don't miss connections. I also have to pay on top of my Oyster to get to the begining of the oyster things... Urgh
Well did a parade in the Shire's today and got caught in the morning downpour. Got drenched - so you could say I'm preparing myself quite nicely for tomorrow's rehearsal at 1:1 which is more or less the same in terms of the weather.

The torch will be passing through my area tomorrow afternoon, Carnival parade, Olly Marrs et al performing, followed by lighting of the cauldron in the park. Have a horrid feeling that in terms of the weather tomorrow that it's going to be a washout. However, I'm sure there will be big crowds welcoming the torch though.

I have a choice as to whether to go and see the torch (after shooting back frantically from my rehearsals tomorrow), or to get up at the crack of dawn on Monday to see it go to Dunstable. Unfortunately, Monday's also the day when I'm due to fly out on my hols - on the upside, my flight isn't due to leave until later in the afternoon.
Received a "reminder text" from CCs for Closing 63A/63B that tomorrow's rehearsal is still ON. Errr, yes I am aware of this. This was the "mysterious rehearsal" that quietly crept into the schedule. The very one responsible for rearranging my holiday (in relation to cancelled flights (£100 odd fee from Easyjet to reschedule as well as rearranging the dates with the respective holiday accommodation etc.)

Not moaning at all but just wish that those in Casting would consider the great lengths that some of us Volunteers go through in order to commit to (what will be) a blink or you miss it opportunity in terms of our performance in the Ceremonies. Even as recent as last week, there were still a few of those in my section who were totally unaware about this "additional" rehearsal.

Finally, those of us who are at 1:1 tomorrow afternoon DON'T FORGET YOUR BOOTS AND WELLIES! as I reckon that there's going to be quite a few puddles there, judging by the amount of rain we're having.
Reply 1193
Original post by Dancerwoman
Received a "reminder text" from CCs for Closing 63A/63B that tomorrow's rehearsal is still ON. Errr, yes I am aware of this. This was the "mysterious rehearsal" that quietly crept into the schedule. The very one responsible for rearranging my holiday (in relation to cancelled flights (£100 odd fee from Easyjet to reschedule as well as rearranging the dates with the respective holiday accommodation etc.)

Not moaning at all but just wish that those in Casting would consider the great lengths that some of us Volunteers go through in order to commit to (what will be) a blink or you miss it opportunity in terms of our performance in the Ceremonies. Even as recent as last week, there were still a few of those in my section who were totally unaware about this "additional" rehearsal.

Finally, those of us who are at 1:1 tomorrow afternoon DON'T FORGET YOUR BOOTS AND WELLIES! as I reckon that there's going to be quite a few puddles there, judging by the amount of rain we're having.

I don't quite understand why you would have cancelled your holiday? Why not just miss the rehearsal?
Original post by RocKeRG
I don't quite understand why you would have cancelled your holiday? Why not just miss the rehearsal?

Yes I know I could have just missed the rehearsal but as we all know, Casting can sometimes add an additional rehearsal here and there and I didn't want to risk losing my place due to me falling foul of the "two missed rehearsals and you're out" rule. Also, another reason is because, what I've recently discovered, Casting are adding more and more bits for us to remember. I think if I were to miss a rehearsal during this stage, I'd have problems learning the new bits that they've added in addition to what we're doing already. (Definitely getting more complex in terms of memory retention :eek: but good just the same :biggrin:)

After tomorrow's rehearsal, there's a two week gap which I thought would be a good time to take a much needed break (especially away from the dismal British weather), then literally days after my return, my rehearsal schedule starts to go manic, starting with rehearsals twice a week and for longer times up to the date of the Closing Ceremony.
Reply 1195
Original post by Dancerwoman
Yes I know I could have just missed the rehearsal but as we all know, Casting can sometimes add an additional rehearsal here and there and I didn't want to risk losing my place due to me falling foul of the "two missed rehearsals and you're out" rule. Also, another reason is because, what I've recently discovered, Casting are adding more and more bits for us to remember. I think if I were to miss a rehearsal during this stage, I'd have problems learning the new bits that they've added in addition to what we're doing already. (Definitely getting more complex in terms of memory retention :eek: but good just the same :biggrin:)

After tomorrow's rehearsal, there's a two week gap which I thought would be a good time to take a much needed break (especially away from the dismal British weather), then literally days after my return, my rehearsal schedule starts to go manic, starting with rehearsals twice a week and for longer times up to the date of the Closing Ceremony.

Fair enough, but in case they add any more, they won't add those to the missing quota of two. I specifically checked this when we had an extra one added, and I'd already missed two. CC said that they couldn't take additional ones into account as that just wouldn't be fair. Similarly, I doubt they can enforce 'compulsary' rehearsals if they are added at this late date.
Yesterday had a great long day. First i worked with Deputy Producer of the show at the office and then straight to site for rehearsal to help out. Cornishcott seems to be enjoying while viewing infront of such good choreos.

Still i havent heard nothing from paras yet. Lets hope for the best
Original post by galactica2009
Yesterday had a great long day. First i worked with Deputy Producer of the show at the office and then straight to site for rehearsal to help out. Cornishcott seems to be enjoying while viewing infront of such good choreos.

Still i havent heard nothing from paras yet. Lets hope for the best

Which Paras? (Getting all confused now)
Reply 1198
(edited 11 years ago)
Dancerwoman u must be near to me then as i will be at the relay tomorrow

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100

Quick Reply

Latest