The Student Room Group

Did anyone else get an audition for the 2012 Olympic Opening Ceremony? (Part 2)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1380
I did it so you don't have to! I was working at Canary Wharf this morning, so I thought I would pop into UDAC as it was only three stops away.

The lesson is, don't bother, until you received the email saying its ready. I know they've already said this, but I was gambling that it may be in the system as there's only 7 days until lockdown.

Opening times are early until late, 7 days a week. The nice lady said the best time to go is between 5 and 7 as there are no queues then.

Off to Tap East in a while ready for tonight's rehearsal.
Reply 1381
Blimey Rockerg ur keen ;-)

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1382
Original post by Lucky30
Blimey Rockerg ur keen ;-)
This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Not so much keen as just finished my appointment early. No time to go back to the office, so I'll wait in Tap East. Now the trick is not to get toooo drunk before rehearsal! :tongue:
Reply 1383
Original post by Samantha_Walker
41ers !!!!

I have just called Haith due to the fact I'm getting narked now as we still don’t know our rehearsal times for Saturday and Sunday or any other times for rehearsals we have scheduled in. Apparently Haith and Hannah are meeting with the Co-ordinators at 2 pm today and they will be in contact with us this afternoon.
He did apologise and admitted it was silly that we are only have 4 days notice .... Fingers crossed they get it round tonight.

Thanks for this. Knowing when we have to be in is just so important for all you brave and committed people who do some proper travelling to get to the Stadium.
Original post by Aber_Stokie
Minor TSR curse alert. Pulled something behind my knee and bending it is rather painful. Giving it some rest and hopefully all will be well by Satuday when I am so very excited about seeing the rest of you and what you've been working so hard on and keeping so very very secret!

oh no, get well soon l!!! x
Original post by cornishscot
Strangely enough - I have a bit of sciatic nerve pain going on myself at the moment - starts in my lower back, travels through left hip and shoots down to my left knee it does and boy does it hurt sometimes (bit easier today though so I've made it into work and am reasonably comfortable whilst seated immobile at my desk thankfully).

Came on all of a sudden too (last night) whilst I was sitting on a sofa at home - so bad I had to be helped up and felt unable to let go of the furniture as I tried to move around, ultimately ending up in the other room (thought I would fall if I did as pain worst when I put any sort of weight on that leg).

However, as I say, it is much better today so hopefully nothing too serious going on there. Fingers crossed not anyway and hope you feel better soon too.

I have every sympathy. I have sciatica caused by 2 slipped discs. Had it for 17 months now and have bern waiting for a date for surgery since end of last year. The hospital rang me today to say they can operate tomorrow but I'd be out of action for 6 weeks which means I'd miss both ceremonies. I'm having to grit my teeth and struggle through. In a way I'm grateful my section has the least amount of rehearsal dates.

If you can get some Deep Freeze spray, use that on your back. Gives some relief and reduces the inflammation as well. You can get it at Boots, tesco etc. Take some ibuprofen too.
Original post by kestel
I've had an email asking me to attend the additional the rehearsal on the 16th. It's for role specific 44s and will require costume and makeup as there will be some filming. Seems non role specific 44s will get away with not having to attend.

yep, I'm not sure why 44 FOP got sent the email about that as none of us have sub roles / close ups. but i guess it just went to all 44's. :frown:
Original post by RocKeRG

Off to Tap East in a while ready for tonight's rehearsal.

hehe i may check it out too, as i've told work i have to leave at 4pm
and it only takes 20 mins to get to stratford :smile:
R A I N
Original post by maclondon
yep, I'm not sure why 44 FOP got sent the email about that as none of us have sub roles / close ups. but i guess it just went to all 44's. :frown:

No none of C seems to have it so far.
Original post by galactica2009
Today i were assisting sound system for Rio Flag Handover at a remote location for rehearsal. The girls who came today for their first rehearsal dance have picked up very quickly from our choreographer and have delivered very well. But male dancers didnt had much rhythm and they struggled and now they got their pace. Am pleased with their performance.

Nice to see you last week and again last night - not much opportunity to do much more than say 'hi' though! :smile:

Trekked out to the middle of nowhere for 2nd Flag Handover bateria rehearsal last night...have to say it was a bit scary approaching the remote building with not a soul in sight, very glad I was in a group of friends - if I'd gone alone I think I would have chickened out and run away!

Truthfully though, I am finding it hard to muster any sort of enthusiasm for the project at this point. We were told at the end of the first rehearsal that more cuts would need to be made. We're not sure when, or exactly how many, but we do know that not everybody who is rehearsing will be performing. So I'm finding it very difficult to stay positive and cheerful, knowing that I am potentially putting all this time, money and effort into rehearsing for a performance I may never get to do.

It's also fostering a bit of a nasty atmosphere; no one wants to chat with the other drummers or help them out, because we're all competing against each other for places in the show. I was helping a good friend, who plays the same instrument as me, to learn a particular pattern she was having trouble with - but in the back of my mind, a small voice kept going "why are you doing this? As long as she's a weaker player than you, your place in the bateria is safer". :ashamed2:

Just a bit down at the minute. I can't help viewing everybody in the bateria - even my friends! - as 'the enemy', and I'm finding it really upsetting and stressful. The constant fear of being judged and found wanting is hanging over us all at present.
Reply 1391
Original post by Terpsikhore
Nice to see you last week and again last night - not much opportunity to do much more than say 'hi' though! :smile:

Trekked out to the middle of nowhere for 2nd Flag Handover bateria rehearsal last night...have to say it was a bit scary approaching the remote building with not a soul in sight, very glad I was in a group of friends - if I'd gone alone I think I would have chickened out and run away!

Truthfully though, I am finding it hard to muster any sort of enthusiasm for the project at this point. We were told at the end of the first rehearsal that more cuts would need to be made. We're not sure when, or exactly how many, but we do know that not everybody who is rehearsing will be performing. So I'm finding it very difficult to stay positive and cheerful, knowing that I am potentially putting all this time, money and effort into rehearsing for a performance I may never get to do.

It's also fostering a bit of a nasty atmosphere; no one wants to chat with the other drummers or help them out, because we're all competing against each other for places in the show. I was helping a good friend, who plays the same instrument as me, to learn a particular pattern she was having trouble with - but in the back of my mind, a small voice kept going "why are you doing this? As long as she's a weaker player than you, your place in the bateria is safer". :ashamed2:

Just a bit down at the minute. I can't help viewing everybody in the bateria - even my friends! - as 'the enemy', and I'm finding it really upsetting and stressful. The constant fear of being judged and found wanting is hanging over us all at present.

Its very sad that you are having these thoughts/feelings. It does put a dampener to what should be a great fun experience. I do hope that things work out for you and you can truly experience the Olympic ideal :redface:
Original post by Bignic12
Its very sad that you are having these thoughts/feelings. It does put a dampener to what should be a great fun experience. I do hope that things work out for you and you can truly experience the Olympic ideal :redface:

Reply 1393
Fellow 41'ers NEW TIMINGS ARE NOW IN!!!!!!!

But only for the next 4 rehearsals...... they will let us know the remaining timetables as soon as....

Whoopie at last I can plan!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1394
Browsing the ticketing website today, I see there are more tickets available for the OOC - they're AA and A tickets, but if you're about to win the lottery then get in there!

Closing ceremony tickets available too.

Looking forward to jetting back from my hols of the day to attend a rehearsal tomorrow evening (and pick up some tea bags). Still no accreditation email which is a pain...
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Still only got the four rehearsal timings and it now appears that I could have worked at least half a day on the 19th!!
Time to grovel to my agent!!........................... grovelling done and have managed to get back four hours of work on the 19th -gives me an hour to get to stadium and a nice trip on
High Speed One again!!

EG

P S Anyone fancy meet before the rehearsal on Sat and or Sunday - lunch perhaps??

PPS Also acquired a large pack of Starbucks instant micro coffee - so much better than the Maxpax stuff - I am a coffee snob and will at least be able to have a passable drink!
(edited 11 years ago)
I plan a gym trip in the morning but will head out to Stratford mid-afternoon. Grabbing a pizza might be lovely pre-rehearsal. And/or a quick drink in Tap East.
Reply 1397
Teabags! Did someone mention teabags? I will definitely be taking my own teabag to 3 mills tomorrow - yes indeedy, well reminded. :smile:
Reply 1398
Original post by Pinnerite
No none of C seems to have it so far.

I haven't. That said, they may discuss tonight. And often send out emails during rehearsals.

And, after all, they only told us of the possibility of the 16 Feb date last week, as well as accepting that not all would be able to make it *if* they confirmed it.
Reply 1399
Original post by Flakeydom
I plan a gym trip in the morning but will head out to Stratford mid-afternoon. Grabbing a pizza might be lovely pre-rehearsal. And/or a quick drink in Tap East.

I am up for anything food or drink or both!

I bought tickets for hubby and my girls to go to Crystal Palace to see the Athletics anyway so I am Billy no mates :biggrin:
Will be great to meet up.

Quick Reply

Latest