The Student Room Group

Did anyone else get an audition for the 2012 Olympic Opening Ceremony? (Part 2)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1580
So looking forward to the weekend catching up and rehearsing with my fellow 41rs!!!!

Not posted in a while been so busy trying to clear or hand over work - the joy of being self employed.

Are we the 41rs meeting early for a bite to eat before we go in ?

Flakey my parents are staying in a hotel within spitting distance of the stadium with a nice bar - your mum could go back with them and wait there for you/us.
Original post by granta
It's 21.27 and just thinking THIS TIME 2 WEEKS, some of us will be performing right now, some will have performed, and some will be waiting in the voms about to go on....
Had a slight heart flutter there!!

Well - you'll be on your own! There's always one isn't there! LOL
Reply 1582
Original post by Ropey1
What are we all going to do when it's over :-(
Some of my group are planning to do a flash mob of our dance (in our costumes should we keep them).

How come I haven't heard anything about this?! :O I feel a bit left out... :/
Reply 1583
Original post by AlecSp
If we are, we'll have got it all wrong and arrived a day early! :wink:

Ha ha, I know which day it is on, keep thinking today is Friday. What I meant to say was this time 2 weeks, I'll be going to bed thinking....aarhh, tomorrow's the BIG DAY!! Still having heart flutter though!
If I could bottle my excitement and put it to good use, I'd be rich!!:tongue:
Have just booked some free tickets at our local Vue cinema to watch the Closing Ceremony on the big screen at http://www.myvue.com/olympic-coverage/?&utm_source=MASS&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=Newsletter_12072012&utm_content=PromoEmail
Reply 1585
Original post by hutsulka
the guys at the front, they were amazing!

I wonder if I could bake something for tomorrow as an ice breaker.

Indeed!!! and yes pls do bake something. I would too but the expert's ones look so stunning! I'd have to practise quite a bit! Will PM you my bib and we can meet with Suzalt and the others.... will PM!:colondollar: It is really fab and I spied Brad and Jen again- gr8.
Original post by Flakeydom
Original post by LauraN1
Our mums could hook up and go for a drink in town!
:cheers:

Now there's an idea! I have to say that smiley does make me chuckle - which Mum is which?

Can your Mums possibly look after my Mum? :wink:

Original post by Pinnerite
Have just booked some free tickets at our local Vue cinema to watch the Closing Ceremony on the big screen at http://www.myvue.com/olympic-coverage/?&utm_source=MASS&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=Newsletter_12072012&utm_content=PromoEmail

Wow, that's a brilliant idea, must alert my friends!
Original post by princesstini
can any kind 51PLB message me to let me know what I missed?

Lots of rain...ah, and your fellow PLBers each had to take a child home and keep it for two weeks, as the prop stores were full. Best joke of the day. :smile:
Who else has discovered they're screwed when it comes to getting home on the late night rehearsals?

I'd love to know who the f**k has decided to start engerneering works on the night of the opening. What moron does that. Two weeks ago i was able to get to ipswich on a something-past-one train..... Now i can't......

Looking near impossible without spending 3-4 hours hopping on and off night buses to attempt to get 10miles away form where i live.

I'm cold.....Wet.... And tired...... Oh and my feet hurt!.....

What do i fill in on that email thing they sent us...... I have no trael arrangements so i can't actually fill it it! UURRGGHHH!!!! :mad2::rant::stomp::mad2::rant::stomp::mad2::rant::stomp::mad2::rant::stomp::mad2::rant::stomp::mad2::rant::stomp:
Original post by Pinnerite

CLOSING ON THE BIG SCREEN - EEEEEEEKKKKKKK. No pressure on us in the Closing Ceremonies then in terms of giving a flawless performance (nervously claws the chair).
No appropriate Option for me either on form. I was intending to get mainline back to Essex from Stratford. There usually is a train after midnight. Off to check time tables!

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Desire S
I'm sure we will all manage to figure out something for our respective Mums!

Pinnerite - that idea about local cinema is brilliant! I may let a few friends know that they're doing it.

And yes, today it actually is
RElectro14_f.jpg days to go!

I am going to the athletics at Crystal Palace tonight to rehearse for my 'Team GB supporter' role; I will try to resist practicing my 'get ready' on the stadium stairs.
My last trains through Stratford are at 23.52, 00.22 and 00.57 - with the last two also stopping at Romford.
If I miss those then it is not worth going home.

Premier Inn wants £105 a night and the Holiday Inn is asking £110 - that is a discounted rate for Event Organisers or Staybridge Suites want £160 - down from £200!
Those rates are not for 27th! If you want a room at Premier for that night it is £200!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Had better not miss my train then!!

EG
I'm royally screwed when it comes to getting home ... I've got to work in between the rehearsals and due to the times it's impossible now ..... It's really annoying me how they arent looking at the bigger picture .... unless they are but they just dont give a flying f**k
Do you guys live too far away for night buses?
The same way there are car pools for 1:1, can you not find out who has access to a car that evening? Even those that don't normally drive encouraged to park (say) in the suburbs and heading in the general areas - even if it means being dropped off at certain train stations in order for many to catch last trains so as to ensure that everyone is able to get home safely?

Another solution could be to "buddy up" with someone who has booked accommodation nearby in order to have somewhere to kip for the night?

It's times like this that I really wish that there was an official closed forum for Opening and Closing performers in order for this to be organised. It would surely have made lives much easier in terms as to respective areas that many of us travel from.
Reply 1596
hi wonderfull performers!! had a great night at the stadium apart from the rain!!!! great to see the PLC again.
Nice to meet RockerG and Jessy was pointed out to me.
I still can't see the questenair regarding the transport can someone send me a copy.
M
I've just send this to the cast people ... I understand why they want to run it at the appropriate times (kind of) but they are taking the p*ss

Hey Guys ….

I know it can’t be changed however can I point out that with the ending times of these rehearsals I have been royally screwed when it comes to getting home …. I have no way of getting to Birmingham (11:30) and the last train to my accommodation locally (Sawbridgeworth) is at 12:03 ……. The prices of hotels are ridiculous and unaffordable for myself, so it means I will be spending the night at a station. Also none of the option you are offering on the survey can assist me in anyway shape or form.

I know you can’t do anything because you two don’t control it but I would like to make the team aware. A lot of people are in this situation and as a young person my safety is being put at jeopardy.

Kind regards

Sam
Reply 1598
The transport I'd definitely a pain even for those who live in London, and since I'm in segment 52 I'm really disappointed that my guests on Wednesday won't get to see me perform.

However, dont the transport issues only affect those who are staying to the bitter end of the ceremony? So most of the cast will be able to leave much earlier in the evening?
These transport issues, are they in relation to the Tech rehearsals that you "Opening" guys are doing? If so, don't they (CCs) realise that all of this takes place on a school night hence many need to go to work the following day? Or is the "transport issues" to do with the actual Ceremony itself?

Quick Reply

Latest