The Student Room Group

Calling all medicine students!! :P History or Economics A-level ??? help!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dandaman9999
Still, science is important!
And if you don't enjoy history then don't take it and go for economics (if you enjoy that). If you don't enjoy either and want to choose them just for the course then don't bother and choose a different one! You won't do well in a subject unless you want to study it! That was what I thought at first too when I was going to choose Physics but people warned me so I went against it :smile:

i know its reallly important especially 4 medicine people! if i don't get an a* im gonna cry :frown:

i wanna do photography AS but dnt think it would be advisable :P

thankx again :biggrin:
Original post by foreverstrong_97
i know its reallly important especially 4 medicine people! if i don't get an a* im gonna cry :frown:

Yeah, photography is usually seen as a 'soft subject' so I'd personally advise against it for medicine as well :smile: and anytime :biggrin:
Yeah, photography is usually seen as a 'soft subject' so I'd personally advise against it for medicine as well :smile: and anytime :biggrin:

How about governement and politics ?? :P
Sorry 4 the questions :colondollar:
thankx again lool :cool:
How about governement and politics ?? :P
Sorry 4 the questions :colondollar:
thankx again lool :cool:

Lol ask anytime, I don't mind :cool:

Governement and Politics is a respected A Level as far as I know but am not 100% sure. It's better than photography though :biggrin:
I did History to A level and am doing medicine, loved it.

Depends on your modules I think, I was lucky to get German and Russian for example, whilst Italian or Elizabethan England sounded duller.

I love history with a passion though, history needs good prose, essay writing and historiography is awful tedious.

Do whichever you enjoy most!
Lol ask anytime, I don't mind :cool:

Governement and Politics is a respected A Level as far as I know but am not 100% sure. It's better than photography though :biggrin:

Kinda intreseted init dunno though lol ::P

thankx again again looool :P if u dn't mind me asking wt ethnicity aare you??? ( totally off topic but yeah ) :biggrin:
Original post by That Bearded Man
I did History to A level and am doing medicine, loved it.

Depends on your modules I think, I was lucky to get German and Russian for example, whilst Italian or Elizabethan England sounded duller.

I love history with a passion though, history needs good prose, essay writing and historiography is awful tedious.

Do whichever you enjoy most!

really?? so you got in with doing history a level :biggrin:
if i do history i will be doing :
OCR H106

Unit 1: British History 1845 - 1895.Here we focus on the emergence of the Conservative and Liberal parties and the rivalry between Gladstone and Disraeli the greatest in British political history.

Unit 2: The Unification of Italy 1815-70. The stirring story of the creation of a nation featuring Mazzini, Cavour and Giuseppe Garibaldi who the biscuit is named after.

sounds boring to me loool :P

thankx for your help :smile:
really?? so you got in with doing history a level :biggrin:
if i do history i will be doing :
OCR H106

Unit 1: British History 1845 - 1895.Here we focus on the emergence of the Conservative and Liberal parties and the rivalry between Gladstone and Disraeli the greatest in British political history.

Unit 2: The Unification of Italy 1815-70. The stirring story of the creation of a nation featuring Mazzini, Cavour and Giuseppe Garibaldi who the biscuit is named after.

sounds boring to me loool :P

thankx for your help :smile:

As long as you have biology and chemistry, your other A levels are irrelevant, it's a tad annoying to apply with History and Maths (regarded as hard subjects) while some apply with H.E or R.E (regarded as soft subjects) and it's ultimately the grades that count.

I was lucky that our school picked the Russian/German modules, followed up by Ireland's Nationalism 1798-1922, (okay, that was a bit dry)

If you don't like the sound of your modules, you might to reconsider, but I love ALL history, so think it was a great choice.

Why do you need an A*?
Why do you need an A*?

i want to get into a good grammar college so need a* to be in with a chance of getting through :P

and im kinda need it to prove to people i can do it - kinda an emotional reason 2 :smile:
As long as you have biology and chemistry, your other A levels are irrelevant, it's a tad annoying to apply with History and Maths (regarded as hard subjects) while some apply with H.E or R.E (regarded as soft subjects) and it's ultimately the grades that count.

I was lucky that our school picked the Russian/German modules, followed up by Ireland's Nationalism 1798-1922, (okay, that was a bit dry)

If you don't like the sound of your modules, you might to reconsider, but I love ALL history, so think it was a great choice.

thank you!! :P
your subjects sound more intresting in comparison to mine lool :frown:
i want 2 do economics or government and politics :biggrin:
want 2 do photography but its a soft subject :frown:

thank you again !! :biggrin:
Kinda intreseted init dunno though lol ::P

thankx again again looool :P if u dn't mind me asking wt ethnicity aare you??? ( totally off topic but yeah ) :biggrin:

Ummm... Why? :confused: but if you want to know my parents were born in the South of Asia :smile:
Ummm... Why? :confused: but if you want to know my parents were born in the South of Asia :smile:

Same!!! :P And no reason coz you kinda sounded asian ( wanted to make sure ) sorrry :biggrin:
Same!!! :P And no reason coz you kinda sounded asian ( wanted to make sure ) sorrry :biggrin:

Lol didn't realise I typed liked a stereotypical Asian! :tongue:
Lol didn't realise I typed liked a stereotypical Asian! :tongue:

Naaa its probably coz im asain lool so i knew you probably were loool :P
Naaa its probably coz im asain lool so i knew you probably were loool :P

MY ASIAN SENSES ARE TINGLING! :tongue:
My GF did history (and art AS) and in her interview they seemed to love the fact that she wasn't the typical "science only" applicant. Pick whichever you prefer and as long as you can justify why you picked it you shouldn't have any problems, especially if your other A2s are science based
Reply 37
hi everyone!

i was wondering because you as medicine students what a levels did you take that got you onto a medicine course at uni??

and as a fourth a level which would be better History or Economics??

thank you in advance any help would be appreciated!! :biggrin:

p.s. im currently in yr 10

Do whatever you would enjoy, but personally I wouldnt take history, everyone i know thats taken it said it requires so much work. I took business, did no revision and got an A
MY ASIAN SENSES ARE TINGLING! :tongue:

LLLOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLL!!!! Are you indian, pakistani, banglladeshi or what??? and try guessin what i am lool :P

Asian senses as well you haven't had curry lately have you ??? :biggrin:
Original post by plrodham1
My GF did history (and art AS) and in her interview they seemed to love the fact that she wasn't the typical "science only" applicant. Pick whichever you prefer and as long as you can justify why you picked it you shouldn't have any problems, especially if your other A2s are science based

thank you!! did your gf do medicine or is doing medicine??
:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest