The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster University Official Clearing Thread 2023

JKP-230510-2410-2.png

Welcome to the official Lancaster University Clearing Thread 2023.

The first place to start is to visit our website:

https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/study/clearing/

Here you can register to receive updates on the programmes that enter Clearing, and you can sign up for a variety of webinars covering:

- Applying through Clearing
- Why you should choose Lancaster University
- Campus tours

After the results days, Clearing will officially open for new applicants to the University who will commence their studies in the Autumn of 2023.

From then, the best way to contact us will be by telephone where we'll have a large number of well-trained, extremely helpful people to guide you through what can be a very stressful and anxious experience. While this may be your first Clearing, it isn't ours, and we understand just how hard it can be. We are here to help!

The numbers are:

Main number: 0800 298 9542
From outside the UK: +44 1524 931300

Our Clearing Hotline opens at 8am and closes at 7pm, 17 August 2023.

For the rest of the week our lines are open:

- Friday 18 August, 09:00-17:00 BST
- Saturday 19 August, 10:00-16:00 BST
- Sunday 20 August, 10:00-16:00 BST

On hand to help as well, we'll have all our Ambassadors here on The Student Room. They are here to provide any assistance they can about any aspect of coming to Lancaster University. As always, if they don't know the answer right away, they'll contact the best person who can.

So, if you are thinking about Clearing for whatever reason, follow this thread for updates from Lancaster University.

And from all of us, we're rooting for you!
(edited 8 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hey, there I was wondering how long we can expect a response on the online application for clearing for people who already have their results. As I would like to attend the open day but would like to know if my application would be rejected or accepted before I book a hotel/ travel up to Lancaster. I sent my form off on the 5th of July. Any response would be appreciated.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous
Hey, there I was wondering how long we can expect a response on the online application for clearing for people who already have their results. As I would like to attend the open day but would like to know if my application would be rejected or accepted before I book a hotel/ travel up to Lancaster. I sent my form off on the 5th of July. Any response would be appreciated.

Hi Anon,

The admissions team have started to make Clearing offers and will continue to make them on a rolling basis. If you email the admissions team at [email protected] with your name they will be able to look into your specific case.

- Tineke
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Hey Everyone!

I'm Kat, and I've just finished my Criminology Degree at Lancaster University! Outside of my degree, I also played rugby for the uni and a club in heysham, as well as taking part in many of the events across campus. My highlight of uni was definitely the Roses Varsity Competition- the biggest varsity in Europe between us and York. The atmosphere was amazing and being able to play was incredible.

Any questions please ask! Me and the other ambassadors are here to help.
Hi everyone,

I am Shaheer and I am going into 3rd year for medicine at Lancaster (hopefully its easier that year 2 😌). Along side my studies, in my first 2 years, I got involved in ALOT of sports societies such as college football, squash, archery and cricket (to name a few)! One of the aspects I love most about Lancaster is its beautiful campus and the close-knit student community, which encourages interactions with other students from diverse backgrounds and fields of study.

Please feel free to reach out to me or the other ambassadors for any assistance.
Hello everyone!

My name is Rebecca and I've just finished my second year studying Biochemistry here at Lancaster. I'm loving it here so far - I'm currently on internship in the university labs and I'll be off on my placement year working in biopharmaceuticals in September. I'm very excited but I'm definitely going to miss Lancaster campus, especially Sultans (I must be the #1 purchaser of their loaded chicken chips :tongue:) and seeing the ducks on the way to lectures!

All of the ambassadors online will be happy to answer any questions you have!
Rebecca (Lancaster Student Ambassador)
Hello!
My name is Kao and I've completed two years of Computer Science and Mathematics at Lancaster. I have participated in various types of societies here and gone to many of their meetings. After getting in through Clearing myself, which I found to be an easy experience, I now enjoy my life at Lancaster.

Feel free to ask questions about any aspect of Lancaster. We should be able to answer any of them.
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 7
Can only speak for daughter in physics who is now starting year 4 of intergrated masters.

Physics was in clearing and ive watched it every single year, and it goes very quickly; so if you are going to apply for physics in clearing, to phone up on results day if you can if you have your results then (register insterest now), or contact them now if you already have your results.

One thing that the physics dept is good at is the level of support that they give you. If you need help and advice they are there for you. Internships, they were exceptional and really help you if you ask for it. The library is enormous, so you have plenty of resources there and online to help you study. One other thing that we learned since June is that you can apply for summer accommodation on campus (bowland/furness) and you can come from any college. So if you have a summer job, or you want to stay in the city to be close with friends over the summer months, then apply before the deadline. Daughters in a Bowland standard atm (shes a grizedale) and the accommodation is pretty decent. Chancellors wharf it is for year 4.

If you are a parent of student, then come say hi on facebook. We have a lancaster uni parents page so if you have any questions there, everyone tries to help out best they can :smile:
Hi everyone,

I’m Carla and I just finished my Ecology and Conservation degree! I’m definitely going to miss Lancaster, particularly getting involved with Green Lancaster and seeing the campus ducks.
Feel free to ask any questions you have and I’ll do my best to try to answer them!
Hi, r u guaranteed accommodation like first yr undergrad students if u applied through clearing?
yes
Hi, r u guaranteed accommodation like first yr undergrad students if u applied through clearing?
Hi, students applying to Lancaster through clearing are guaranteed accommodation in the same way that other first year students are, just as long as they meet these criteria:

- They are in receipt of a clearing offer from Lancaster University on or before 4pm (BST) on Thursday, 17 August
- they add Lancaster as a Clearing choice on UCAS for the course specified in the offer by 4pm (BST) on Friday, 18 August
- they apply for accommodation by 4pm (BST) on Monday, 28 August

Nellie (Lancaster Student Ambassador)

Lancasters just posted their clearing grades.
Original post by Ghostlady
Lancasters just posted their clearing grades.

Thanks. Interesting to see Physics BSc in clearing for ABC (originally AAA)
Original post by PancakeSunday
Thanks. Interesting to see Physics BSc in clearing for ABC (originally AAA)

Hi Pancake, it is yes, and its a very competitive course as well. Last few years Physics goes within a couple of days.
My daughter studies physics there . Shes a 4th year now and at the time the course was physics, particle physics and cosmology, but looking at the physics course, the module choices are pretty much same, depending on which way you want to go :smile:
If you do have Lancaster down for physics or thinking about it, the department has been the absolute best. The support they have given for internships during years 1 and 2 and the support in her 3rd year studies was spot on. The staff are very approachable and will give you help if you ask them. and the resources have been brilliant :smile:
Congratulations to everyone who got their results today! Our lines are now closed until tomorrow but feel free to leave any questions here, or call us in the morning at 9am on our hotline 0800 298 9542, or +44 (0)1524 931 300 from outside the UK. Have a great evening!
(edited 8 months ago)
Hey :smile: Just wanted to ask how lenient Lancaster is with applications for clearing? I have a friend that wanted to apply for International Relations but got rejected because they were 2 grades below the requirements for the course in clearing. Would this be the case for all courses on the clearing vacancies list?
Hey :smile: Just wanted to ask how lenient Lancaster is with applications for clearing? I have a friend that wanted to apply for International Relations but got rejected because they were 2 grades below the requirements for the course in clearing. Would this be the case for all courses on the clearing vacancies list?

I can see the course is saying BBB. Its worth your friend giving them a call in the morning. It could well be a no because of thats the standard they are advertising at. I would advise your friend to start looking elsewhere though with the grades they have,

like at Chester here theres BCC https://www1.chester.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/international-relations#section_entry . I have been to open day twice with the youngest this year and it was her insurance choice and wow its a lovely historical city with character. There are other options out there should Lancaster be the no.
We shall call tomorrow morning :smile: Would applying for clearing courses that are BBC in Lancaster be worth a try? As far as I know, my friend is also eligible for the access programme. Could that be taken into account to lower the grade requirements for clearing?
We shall call tomorrow morning :smile: Would applying for clearing courses that are BBC in Lancaster be worth a try? As far as I know, my friend is also eligible for the access programme. Could that be taken into account to lower the grade requirements for clearing?

Please give us a call on 0800 298 9542 as soon as our lines open this morning and we will do everything we can to help you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending