The Student Room Group

How would anyone afford to buy a Lamborghini Aventador?

Well one of my life long dreams is to get a Lamborghini Aventador, which probably won't happen for 15 or so years from now.

How would anyone with a normal job afford such a car?!

I'm planning on doing Petroleum Engineering, but I don't see how even that job would allow me to get such a car.

There must be some sort of secret?!

It costs £250k by the way. I would gladly live in a below average house to get one!

Does anyone know what the maintenance of these cars will cost?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Being a Lamborghini it would cost a bomb to maintain and run. Also to afford one on an average income you' have to have virtually no other luxuries. Not worth it unless you've had a big lottery win if you ask me
Reply 2
People with a 'normal job' wouldn't be able to afford this car....
Cars like that are reserved for multi-millionaires with more money than sense, sadly not us common folk.

It is very nice though I do agree.....£250k nice though? Think I'd rather have the money
"lifelong dream", seeing as the car only came out last year? Methinks this may be an exaggeration.

Really not going to be worth it unless you get rich.
Reply 5
Nobody with a normal job could afford this car. Only people with more money than sense can own cars like these, could you imagine the running costs and insurance!

It isn't the sort of people that would live in a below average house to have one, it's the sort of people that have the mansion and playboy girls to go with it.

They're just expensive toys. Doesn't mean I wouldn't if I could afford to haha.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6
Hmm, you'd pay for the car though, and if the tyres went, that'd be expensive (a few thousand at least, if not more), and then if anything internally went wrong, your talking thousands again.
Petrol will also be expensive as it'll eat through the stuff.

I think a more sensible super car would be the likes of the Mclaren MP4-12C but even that's expensive.
Reply 7
Sadly to be able to afford it as well as running and insuring it would mean that your life is completely devoid of other luxuries. Not worth it if you ask me
Reply 8
The thing is though, the cost to buy, insure and run that car would far outweigh any sort of mortgage you were paying I would imagine.
Reply 9
Nobody with a normal job could afford one of these brand new, I'm sure some of the Lambo's from 5-10 years ago would be a fraction of the price, maybe 60k which is still unaffordable unless you have a very good job (not to mention insurance etc)
Not really sure what you mean, OP... Forget the fact that it's a car, you're essentially asking how you'll ever be able to afford something that costs 250k.
Well, that's a bit of a pointless question seeing as I have no idea how rich you'll be when you're older. I very much doubt there's a ''secret'' to affording one, unless you work for Lamborghini perhaps.
Even then, can you expect much of a discount? I have no idea. In short, work hard in life and if you get rich, buy the car you've always wanted.
My dream is to one day be able to afford a Porsche Panamera Turbo S, but I know there's no method, I just have to be successful in life and if it happens, it happens!
This is why our economy is in the ****ter.

Because people on average pay grades will gladly forfeit a lifetime of financial security for a flashy car.
I have driven one several times. The power and engine are both amazing...but there is no way I would ever by one outright.
Reply 13
Original post by jumpingjesusholycow
This is why our economy is in the ****ter.

Because people on average pay grades will gladly forfeit a lifetime of financial security for a flashy car.

He's still at school, he'll presumably grow up.
Reply 14
1. Insurance
2. Security of the car
3. Security of the driver
4. Petrol
5. Maintainability
6. Parking

You'd be hurting the car if you kept it in an "average" town man :P
Reply 15
They dont its quite simple, unless they have one mother of an inheritance/win the lottery...
On a track day our instructor dropped the little bit of information that to replace the clutch on a Lamborghini Gallardo (quite an old model by today's standards) you're looking at at least £5000.
Reply 17
It would take years and by that time new models will be out making this care crap! Not worth it buy a second hand Aston Martin or something! :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by JohnC2211
On a track day our instructor dropped the little bit of information that to replace the clutch on a Lamborghini Gallardo (quite an old model by today's standards) you're looking at at least £5000.

Yeah, and those launch starts you see all the time on reviews? They wear out the clutch really fast. I read somewhere you can have like 5 launch starts before the clutch will wear out. I can't see that being true, but it must put a lot of wear on the clutch, especially since they are double clutch systems which are even more expensive to replace.

You could always go on one of those experience days you find on buyagift etc. I've recently bought a friend one for her birthday next week.
The list of cars available is rather high, and a few places I believe do offer the Aventador as one car.
if you only have an average job then I am afraid it will forever remain an idea until the day you die.

Latest

Trending

Trending