The Student Room Group

The Anime Soc chat thread XXI: High school AU version

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Original post by Jin3011
Need to find something action'y - a fairly recent animé though. Haven't seen Naruto or One Piece yet, are they any good?

They both deliver very long-running shounen action stories and if that's what you want I think they're serviceable. By reputation One Piece is a bit wilder and more adventurous in its approach than Naruto. There're also some shorter takes on similar ideas -- I have a soft spot for a '08 show called Soul Eater which is 'merely' 51 eps long -- and Busou Renkin and Scryed come to mind as even shorter shows which follow the same shounen action formula but wrap things up quickly and don't take themselves at all seriously. And of course you can find good fight scenes in shows that aren't made for that demographic at all.

(Nowadays I absorb a lot of my anime action by watching shows made for little girls, but that's just me.)
(edited 11 years ago)
:teeth:
Original post by 123mccann
:teeth:

sup
Reply 264

:giggle:
Reply 265
Hey people, in a month or so I might be getting a pair of these:

:emog:
its over :cry:

ah good timing with that latest space bros ep :p:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 267
I am back from my week at the Edinburgh fringe festival. It was epic I saw Nick Helm, Phil Jupitus, Jim Jeffries, Simon Munnery, Tim Vine and many others.

I also drank a large amounts of alcohol to the point I got to take part in many a funny thing ranging from doing the run down the street from the start of Train Spotting to watching my friend marry some strippers in a Dungeon :laugh:

Though the best part of the week was the last night. We had been to a few recordings of this podcast panel show called Pappies Flatshare Slam Down. This had come to the point the guys actually recognised us. But as it was their last podcast in Edinburgh they decided to have drinking as their theme to the show so we watched them get wasted then went with them to a club afterwards to get even more drunk :laugh:. One of the guys even paid for me and my friend to get in as well which was awesome and very kind. One also tried to help me steal a nick helm poster off the wall but we cocked it up and nearly ripped it in half so legged it :ninja:
My first day of work was fun. :smile: Getting home from the place in the evening is going to be a nightmare (just under 2 hours of travel/waiting for connections), but that's balanced out by the fact that the journey there takes less than an hour so I can sleep in. :p: Also, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday off. :coma: Three spaced out days like that is far more convenient for keeping up with ongoing anime than a two day weekend would be. :giggle:
(edited 11 years ago)
This is currently #29 in the UK iTunes charts. :awesome:

Reply 270
results tomorrow, get to find out just how badly my further maths went
Original post by Atherilia
results tomorrow, get to find out just how badly my further maths went

Urgh I'm dreading results day :/ just found out I can't get there to find out in the morning too, eeegh.
Good luck!
good luck people who have results tomorrow :h:
Reply 273
Yeah, fingers crossed for you guys!
Reply 274
Oh yes, there was this.

[video="youtube;LRN-IrejBTw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRN-IrejBTw[/video]
Reply 275
I find the fact that people are getting their a-levels while right now I am looking up sources for my dissertation proposal a bit depressing :sad:
(edited 11 years ago)
Okay, got A*AAB for a levels, got into king's so yay :biggrin:
Reply 277
AngryJellyfish
:poke:

I've tagged you into the Anime Blogger Interrogation Game which is currently circling about the 'sphere........you don't have to write anything if you don't want to though~!
Reply 278
Original post by HolyFuzazzle
Okay, got A*AAB for a levels, got into king's so yay :biggrin:

Congratulations!

Original post by JWH
I find the fact that people are getting their a-levels while right now I am looking up sources for my dissertation proposal a bit depressing :sad:

I think I'm meant to be doing background reading for my thesis and writing paper proposals. This is similarly depressing.
Original post by QHF
Congratulations!

I think I'm meant to be doing background reading for my thesis and writing paper proposals. This is similarly depressing.

Thank you :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest