The Student Room Group

Arrests of terrorist cell close to Olympics site

No one interested in this story? . Ok then ill summarrise

Police today conducted dawn raids on 9 premesis accross the capital, arresting 6 people and tazering one.

Most interesting is the people that were arrested - 5 men and a woman -1 a former PCSO, a couple of english converts to islam, converted it is said by Anjem Choudhry, one of whom from Weymouth , comically took on the islamic name of " Salahuddin al-Britani " in a seemingly spooky pre-cursor to the english convert character Barry Al -Britani from the movie 4 Lions.

The suspects were described as " religious and they go to the mosque" by neighbours

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/stratford-and-ealing-terror-arrests-dawn-1134485
Reply 1
Original post by Indo-Chinese Food
No one interested in this story?

No one is interested because nothing has been proven yet. The police are taking any and every little thing as suspicious as we are getting closer to the Olympics.
Just 3 days ago, people were panicking about a potential terrorist cell following arrests during a canoeing trip near the Olympic site. They were immediately released without charge. On the same day as the arrests you posted, armed police also closed both carriageways of a motorway near Birmingham after reports of a man acting suspiciously on a coach heading for London. The motorway incident proved to be a false alarm.

Frankly, people are tired of ****ting themselves over these incidents. We understand that the police are simply being overly-vigilant right now - which is a good thing btw. Unless these guys are convicted no-one is going to care about this story.
Original post by B-Man.
No one is interested because nothing has been proven yet. The police are taking any and every little thing as suspicious as we are getting closer to the Olympics.
Just 3 days ago, people were panicking about a potential terrorist cell following arrests during a canoeing trip near the Olympic site. They were immediately released without charge. On the same day as the arrests you posted, armed police also closed both carriageways of a motorway near Birmingham after reports of a man acting suspiciously on a coach heading for London. The motorway incident proved to be a false alarm.

Frankly, people are tired of ****ting themselves over these incidents. We understand that the police are simply being overly-vigilant right now - which is a good thing btw. Unless these guys are convicted no-one is going to care about this story.

the case of a fake cigarette being mistaken for a bomb on a megabus, though ridiculous, was resloved inside a day.

this was a planned police operation undertaken under surveillance and intelligance operations, culminating in 6 arrests and a tazering of a suspect. I think it merits some interest, certainly as some of the arrested have been on record glorifying the principle of islamic terrorism
To quote the IRA "You have to be lucky all the time, we only have to get lucky once.":frown:
Reply 4
and some of these ultra left wing liberals on here were so insistent that no one was going to try and attack us at the Olympics and that all the defences we were putting in place were a waste of time and money.
Dart appeared in a BBC Three documentary, My Brother The Islamist, made by his stepbrother Robb Leech last year, which told how Dart, originally from Weymouth in Dorset, had been converted by controversial cleric Anjem Choudary.

Anyone remember this? He seemed like a nice bloke underneath all that religious bigotry.

Shame how indoctrination can **** a man up so badly. His new name is farcical, actually comedic.
If you believe that this Richard Dart guy has anything to do with a terror plot you need to get your head checked..

He decided to go PUBLIC (on BBC) with his hate for British society, secularism, the British army and he also associates with Anjem Choudhry..

Richard Dart will have known that someone as notorious as him would be watched by the feds so to try to get involved in any terror plot would be incredibly risky not to mention stupid for him..
Original post by Dirac Delta Function
Dart appeared in a BBC Three documentary, My Brother The Islamist, made by his stepbrother Robb Leech last year, which told how Dart, originally from Weymouth in Dorset, had been converted by controversial cleric Anjem Choudary.

Anyone remember this? He seemed like a nice bloke underneath all that religious bigotry.

Shame how indoctrination can **** a man up so badly. His new name is farcical, actually comedic.

Note he hasn't been convicted of anything yet, read my above post..
Original post by xXxiKillxXx
If you believe that this Richard Dart guy has anything to do with a terror plot you need to get your head checked..

He decided to go PUBLIC (on BBC) with his hate for British society, secularism, the British army and he also associates with Anjem Choudhry..

Richard Dart will have known that someone as notorious as him would be watched by the feds so to try to get involved in any terror plot would be incredibly risky not to mention stupid for him..

what can you say, islamists tend not to be rocket scientists...
I hope any terrorists are rounded up and convinced that it's not in their best interests to be terrorists. Again, if you don't like it here in this Christiano-Secular country then move somewhere where your views are tolerated like Saudi Arabia. Otherwise shut up and maybe you won't get linched.
what can you say, islamists tend not to be rocket scientists...

They may not be rocket scientists, but if a person can go as far as getting guns and explosives, it proves they are not completely clueless and so must have some sort of functioning brain. I can't comment on the others, but I highly doubt this Richard guy had anything to do with it.
Reply 11
Original post by Snagprophet
I hope any terrorists are rounded up and convinced that it's not in their best interests to be terrorists. Again, if you don't like it here in this Christiano-Secular country then move somewhere where your views are tolerated like Saudi Arabia. Otherwise shut up and maybe you won't get linched.

These views are not tolerated anywhere , not even in KSA .
Original post by Bavarian
These views are not tolerated anywhere , not even in KSA .

Intolerant of intolerance? Lol.
Original post by Snagprophet

Actually, Saudi Arabia would likely have him killed. It's parts of Afghanistan where they're likely to thrive, considering the lack of enforced law
They may not be rocket scientists, but if a person can go as far as getting guns and explosives, it proves they are not completely clueless and so must have some sort of functioning brain. I can't comment on the others, but I highly doubt this Richard guy had anything to do with it.

to plant bombs on trains takes little brainwork, a chimp could be trained to the same. This guy doesnt seem much smarter than a poorly trained chimp, so no reason why he shouldnt have been tricked into getting involved, or even sacrificing himslef by some persuasive bloke he met in a mosque, as most suicide bombers inevitabley have been.
to plant bombs on trains takes little brainwork, a chimp could be trained to the same. This guy doesnt seem much smarter than a poorly trained chimp, so no reason why he shouldnt have been tricked into getting involved, or even sacrificing himslef by some persuasive bloke he met in a mosque, as most suicide bombers inevitabley have been.

A chimp can be trained to evade police, act completely normal and bomb a tube without getting caught? (bearing in mind that the chimp is ALREADY in the spotlight for extremist views)?

You need a reality check.
A chimp can be trained to evade police, act completely normal and bomb a tube without getting caught? (bearing in mind that the chimp is ALREADY in the spotlight for extremist views)?

You need a reality check.

chimps can be trained to do lots of things, if you have enough bananas and are persuasive enough. most suicide bombings were underaken by people concelaing things and carrying them from point a to point b, again hardly rocket science. Then they blow up into various severed pieces, not leaving much opportunity to be 'caught' .

i supposse if you were convincing a chimp to do it, you would promise him 72 bananas when it was all over.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending