The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

Freshers at Strathclyde University 2012/13

Scroll to see replies

Original post by imonlylittle
I'm Claire! :smile:
I live in Scotland, but about 60 miles out from Glasgow, but I kind of know my way around Glasgow city centre... a little!

I'm 17 and will be studying management and economics in the business school, yaay! xD
I've got my offer for James Goold Hall! :biggrin:

I've just sent a request to join the facebook group, so will probably here more from you all on there!

i'm doing spanish and economics. first person i've found doing economics THANK GOD! :smile:
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde
Original post by Aletronc
Hi everybody! I'm Alessandro, a 19-year-old boy from Italy - though I will turn 20 by the beginning of the courses. I will be studying (hopefully, since I haven't seen any changes in my status yet) Politics and Economics: I hope to hear of someone who is going to attend these courses! So far I don't know anybody in fact and I wish I could get to know someone to meet in order not to be completely alone during my first days in Glasgow!

hey, i'm doing economics and spanish! i'm also half italian :tongue: haha!
Original post by Nopasaran
Happening, everyoneDoing Spanish, French and Italian at strathclyde this year and really looking forward to freshers now, anyone else doing any languages?

hey doing economics and spanish so doing spanish 1a and introduction to italian !
Thrown out the union last night. :woo:
Reply 584
Original post by racheldimambro
hey doing economics and spanish so doing spanish 1a and introduction to italian !

Yeah I'll be in both your languages classes then I reckon :smile: think the Italian might be a wee bit harder than it sounds though haha
Original post by Electronica
Thrown out the union last night. :woo:

Amateur mistake, got to get your pals to take your drinks when the guy's checking wristbands =P
Original post by Sw3ensterFM
Amateur mistake, got to get your pals to take your drinks when the guy's checking wristbands =P

There is always room for some more useful learning at Strathclyde. :colone:
Reply 587
Original post by Electronica
There is always room for some more useful learning at Strathclyde. :colone:

At least you didn't get thrown out tonight. :u:
Original post by Gareth.B
At least you didn't get thrown out tonight. :u:

:teehee:
International Food Fair today! :ahee:
Reply 590
Got my student card today! :biggrin: The picture isn't of great quality though, you wouldn't believe it was taken with a DSLR...
International Food Fair - what a disappointment :colonhash:
Original post by FinnLassie
International Food Fair - what a disappointment :colonhash:

Glad I wasn't the only one who thought it was awful. :tongue:
Original post by sweetestwave
Glad I wasn't the only one who thought it was awful. :tongue:

I gotta say the burger was nice and I bought some really good chili sauce but uh, where was the International Food Fair? :tongue:

The African drum lesson in front of the CU stall was super nice :biggrin:
Original post by FinnLassie
I gotta say the burger was nice and I bought some really good chili sauce but uh, where was the International Food Fair? :tongue:

The African drum lesson in front of the CU stall was super nice :biggrin:

I didn't buy anything, was almost tempted by a couple of things but I was so disappointed at how underwhelming it was that I think it put me off, haha.

Never saw that :frown:
Is it just me or does anyone else feel that Freshers is not that good unless you live in halls? I have so far been very disappointed - it's just so hard going solo :frown: Sad times because none of my mates could come with me.
Reply 596
Original post by jg2012
Is it just me or does anyone else feel that Freshers is not that good unless you live in halls? I have so far been very disappointed - it's just so hard going solo :frown: Sad times because none of my mates could come with me.

I haven't been massively impressed so far, I went in yesterday (the fairground was moved inside because of the weather), then today I was just in for an induction lecture.
Original post by jg2012

Yeah, you're right: seems like everyone there already knows people from their halls or whatever so those of us going alone are left stranded a bit. Still, got induction tomorrow so hopefully I'll meet people :3
Reply 598
Original post by sweetestwave
Yeah, you're right: seems like everyone there already knows people from their halls or whatever so those of us going alone are left stranded a bit. Still, got induction tomorrow so hopefully I'll meet people :3

From what I've seen so far, people are just sticking with friends they already know, and avoiding other people.
Original post by RyJ
From what I've seen so far, people are just sticking with friends they already know, and avoiding other people.

Then I suppose I'm lucky I know two people on my course, even if we've only spoken a couple of times. Maybe in time people will open up a bit more, I don't know.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending