The Student Room Group

Primark thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Hi,
No idea if this has been posted previously - Primark in Birmingham city centre are now recruiting for Christmas.
Take a CV or a form.
xBubblesx
Ok thanks

I'm not worried about poor reference just that they won't be able to get it straight away.

Will a black skirt, nice top, pink cardigan be fine for interview. Or do they expect suit jacket and all??

primark didn't check my references until i'd been there for 8 months...

you'd think that they could have given me a reference themselves by that point!
im appyling job at Primark in sept wen i print out the application form in college for free.
Reply 183
I have an interview for primark, next wednesday...
nd bangalisoldier just apply now, coz the vacancies are going.
sumayyah

Don't worry you will be fine they will ask you simple questions, unfortunately on this forum I am not permitted to post the questions so sorry I can't help :p:

Just be confident be yourself, treat it as a "random" conversation/chat. :yep:
bengalisoldier
im appyling job at Primark in sept wen i print out the application form in college for free.

Better be quick about it, because of this economic climate and by the time everyone leaves for college/uni the vacancies won't hold forever :p:
Boreism
Better be quick about it, because of this economic climate and by the time everyone leaves for college/uni the vacancies won't hold forever :p:

Yes i will and i know what you mean :biggrin:
sumayyah

yh iam, don't worry :yep:
Reply 188
Anyone doing night shifts they have Stockroom Assistants, £8.17 after 9.00pm in my area.

Monday-Saturday 9.00pm - 5.30am 40hours a week
8.17 * 40 = 326.80
Job Duties: Stock replenishment and binning stock.

What I want to know is how may people do they usually have on during this shift (obviously depends on how big the place is)?

9pm to 5.30am is 8.5 hours long. How long a break would I get? (Where do I find food at 2am)

Do you just work on your own most of the time sorting out the clothes?
(Kinda like Tesco at night you see them filling the shelf pretty much by them self with their MP3 player)

Do you think it would be possible to work more than 40 hours? (is there a max limit to the hours that you can work)

How do you find the work? (Tiring, repetitive etc. )

Do I get staff discount?
I have applied for a job and have an interview next sunday... the online application was quite hard with maths questions in it! I must have got them right as they emailed me back quite quickly :p:
polka_dott
I have applied for a job and have an interview next sunday... the online application was quite hard with maths questions in it! I must have got them right as they emailed me back quite quickly :p:

Good Luck!
Chi206
Anyone doing night shifts they have Stockroom Assistants, £8.17 after 9.00pm in my area.

Monday-Saturday 9.00pm - 5.30am 40hours a week
8.17 * 40 = 326.80
Job Duties: Stock replenishment and binning stock.

What I want to know is how may people do they usually have on during this shift (obviously depends on how big the place is)?

9pm to 5.30am is 8.5 hours long. How long a break would I get? (Where do I find food at 2am)

Do you just work on your own most of the time sorting out the clothes?
(Kinda like Tesco at night you see them filling the shelf pretty much by them self with their MP3 player)

Do you think it would be possible to work more than 40 hours? (is there a max limit to the hours that you can work)

How do you find the work? (Tiring, repetitive etc. )

Do I get staff discount?

Well my colleagues (yeah I work at Primark) said that stockroom assistants have to do like sorting out stock, checking that there are enough clothes at some different sizes to suit the customer's convenience say like no size fives, common sense is find some!

No staff discount I'm afraid :frown: , the clothes are cheap enough as it is I suppose :p:
polka_dott

What position did you apply for, mine is retail operative (sales assistant) and when I applied didn't need to do any tests?! :biggrin: :confused:
Boreism
What position did you apply for, mine is retail operative (sales assistant) and when I applied didn't need to do any tests?! :biggrin: :confused:

I applied for sales assistant and cashiers (?) out the back. I have worked in a solicitors of similar work so if I do not get the sales assistants job I might get the other one.
Ok can anyone clear this up for me? Basically I'm going to apply to work at primark but after checking the site it said:
The minimum entry requirements are:

* Strong communication skills and use of English language
* 2 years' work experience ideally within retail environment
* Previous experience of working in busy environment as part of a team
* Qualified to GCSE level (or equivalent)
* Validity to work in the country of choice

(this is for the retail store sales career path)

I don't have anywhere near 2 years work exp, but I'm guessing their website is slightly misleading. Also, did everyone here get the job using the application form online or by simply handing in their CVs at the customer service desk? I'd prefer to hand in a CV as I've already got it done and I wouldn't have a massive open space where it tells me to fill in my previous work experience.
GamerChronicles
Ok can anyone clear this up for me? Basically I'm going to apply to work at primark but after checking the site it said:

I don't have anywhere near 2 years work exp, but I'm guessing their website is slightly misleading. Also, did everyone here get the job using the application form online or by simply handing in their CVs at the customer service desk? I'd prefer to hand in a CV as I've already got it done and I wouldn't have a massive open space where it tells me to fill in my previous work experience.

i'd recommend that you fill out an application form. if you don't, they will make you do it at a later date. better to get it out of the way.

if you've already got a good cv and cover letter then it shouldn't take you that long to transfer all the information onto the application form anyway...

and i wouldn't worry about not having enough experience; plenty of people with little to no experience manage to find work at primark.
GamerChronicles

You don't need any experience as far as I'm aware, I work there and I didn't even have any experience to go with it :rolleyes: :biggrin: except work experience for school and college :yep:

The application method is entirely up to you, just either hand in a CV and covering letter OR print out the application form from their recruitment section and hand it to your nearest store there. I handed my CV and covering letter because I couldn't be asked to fill it all out again on the application form which could've been tedious. :cool:

Good Luck and if you need anymore specific help regarding Primark, don't hesitate to contact me thats why I made the thread :smile:
Boreism
Are you sure they've not got it wrong, because the way we let people apply at my local Primark at Sheffield they just either hand in their CV and covering letter or just the completed application form. And because of this I don't know the Primark Recruitment contact details :frown: so I can't help you sorry :s-smilie:

Just a little update then :smile:

I told them about the application forms, they both filled it and handed it in. Now, they're officially employees of Primark.

I'm wondering, are Primark that desperate for employees? I mean, they've got no experience etc and I'm sure there would have been others applying with a little more experience and thus, made sense to employ them only :s-smilie:

Or is Primark taking on anyone and everyone? :eek:
WhereIsMyMind
Just a little update then :smile:

I told them about the application forms, they both filled it and handed it in. Now, they're officially employees of Primark.

I'm wondering, are Primark that desperate for employees? I mean, they've got no experience etc and I'm sure there would have been others applying with a little more experience and thus, made sense to employ them only :s-smilie:

Or is Primark taking on anyone and everyone? :eek:

Well the Meadowhall store where I work are currently looking for people don't know how many but they ARE "searching".

I didn't even have any experience (well except for some work experiences from school and college).

I thought I wouldn't make it after the interview stage but I think something proved me wrong :biggrin: :p:

Anyway I wouldn't worry that much about it I mean they are very helpful and generous to give jobs especially in this current climate, because most of all the employers in my area would need their candidates to have previous experience in a similar role. :argh: which isn't helping :mad:
Boreism
Well the Meadowhall store where I work are currently looking for people don't know how many but they ARE "searching".

I didn't even have any experience (well except for some work experiences from school and college).

I thought I wouldn't make it after the interview stage but I think something proved me wrong :biggrin: :p:

Anyway I wouldn't worry that much about it I mean they are very helpful and generous to give jobs especially in this current climate, because most of all the employers in my area would need their candidates to have previous experience in a similar role. :argh: which isn't helping :mad:

I think that's another thing. Our store doesn't seem to be advertising at all, and the staff are hardly approachable and because of it; I don't think many have asked about vacancies. It was the off chance my friends applied - and they were lucky.

I'm not too sure on the perks of Primark. But iirc, there is no discount and it's minimum wage right? I think that puts a lot of people off, and I'm (kind of) glad that Primark hasn't changed its stance on the wage. I mean, far too many people will look down at NMW - but in all honesty, it's better than nothing. :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending