The Student Room Group

Primark thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by ramin99
hi i had my interview yesterday, and it was hard, just wondering, when do we get a reply whether we are accepted or not

They tell everyone within 28 days after your interview because there are still loads of interviews going on.
Reply 781
Original post by Fahima20
They tell everyone within 28 days after your interview because there are still loads of interviews going on.

ohh okaayy thanks, how was other peoples interviews ?
Reply 782
So I had my interview on Sunday 9:00am, I arrived like half an hour early and was like the first one there :smile: Lool.
I went to the desk where there was two ladies sitting down, she told me to take out my application form, passport and national insurance card. She gave me back my application form and told me to take a seat.
THE VIDEO

This was the point where i nearly died because it was played like 7 times because of late people, it was interesting the first time but after the third, i kept picking up my bag like I wanted to go. Obviously I stayed.

THE PRESENTATION

So some lady came into the room and said she was ready to take us to the next room, i sat right at the front and another lady started to talk. She went through the power point and it just explained hours of work, what they were looking for, who wanted to work for the Stafford store during the Olympics. She also explained that there was a 3 month probation you was on then you have 5 week review then a 10 week one.

THE INTERVIEW

This was the point were my hands started to sweat a bit but i just kept telling myself I need this job so i better be calm. We lined up and each on went into the the room i was like 3rd in the line, there was rows of tables with primark people. I saw a lot of men but i really wanted a women which I got :smile: She was lovely shake her hand first then sat down. She asked about my papers (application form and right to work) then the questions came.

What are you studying ?
What are your hobbies ? ( or doing in your spare time)
Why do you want to work for primark ?
What do you think of primark ?
What work experience have you done ?
If you was in a disagreement with a colleague how would you resolve it ?
On a scale of 1 to 10 how would you rate your communication skills ?
( there was one more which i forgot) sorry !
Do you have any more question ? ( i said no but that was only because i was asking during the interview)

I actually loved the interview this was my second interview in my life and i kinda learned from experience's that you need to better yourself and just try 10 times harder. My first interview was a disaster but that was because i never prepared. PREPARE PREPARE PREPARE !!! it's an essential key fact. I had an A4 sheet which had question and answers which i brought with me and it was on the table, but surprisingly i never used it i just felt confident and me and my mum was doing role plays in the car when she was dropping me to the train station helped me a lot.

JUST BE YOURSELF, LIE IS NOT A SCRIPT :smile:

Hope this helped anyone, any question ask, i would love to answer xxx

Rianna :smile: I will defo let you no if i got through fingers crossed*
Didn't get selected:s-smilie:....apparently standard of interviews were very high....but if there is a suitable vacancy in the future, they will contact me....(pffft which might take years tbh!:rolleyes:)
oh well, congrats to those who did get it :smile:

Anyone else got replies yet??
Reply 784
Original post by Pinkool14
Didn't get selected:s-smilie:....apparently standard of interviews were very high....but if there is a suitable vacancy in the future, they will contact me....(pffft which might take years tbh!:rolleyes:)

When was your interview??

oh no im so sorry, now i know i didnt get it!
Reply 786
Original post by miss_fashionista

How do you know?
Reply 787
Original post by SummerChild
Oh, i'm sorry to hear that, I thought with your recent retail experience you might have had a chance. You got a response very quick though, did they let you know by email or phone? I had my interview before you and still haven't heard back yet.

Mine was before too.
Original post by G_S
Mine was before too.

maybe we all applied for different vacancies? mine is full time
Original post by G_S
When was your interview??

Had mine on the 14th june...yea they got back to me pretty quick!
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by miss_fashionista

Lol how can u say that?? Theres always a chance, you never know.....:h:
Original post by SummerChild
Oh, i'm sorry to hear that, I thought with your recent retail experience you might have had a chance. You got a response very quick though, did they let you know by email or phone? I had my interview before you and still haven't heard back yet.

Yeah i know! I got an email today and its was only 5 days ago! hmmm i reckon (may be wrong) that rejected people got emails back quickly and the ones who got offers will get email later on?? (So im guessing that u may have got yours lol:biggrin:)
When did u have yours?
Yeah i know! I got an email today and its was only 5 days ago! hmmm i reckon (may be wrong) that rejected people got emails back quickly and the ones who got offers will get email later on?? (So im guessing that u may have got yours lol:biggrin:)
When did u have yours?

7th of june, although your theory sounds ideal i doubt it as you did a lot better than me at my interview, i did well rubbish
Reply 793
Does anyone remember when the induction date was?
Original post by maheshkumarg2
hi tomorrow i have an interview in primark for the position of retail operative position. could anyone tell me how the interview process will be like especially the feedback from those who appeared the interview will be highly appreciated and very helpful too. as i need to get this job its the only job i have plenty of hopes.

thank you

Make sure you know about primark's rivals, it helps if you are flexible and know what job entails, good luck :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
I will be having an interview at primark in a couple of weeks time for the new store opening in tottenham court road. I was wondering if anyone knows what sort of questions they will ask for the group interview and on the one-to-one interview.

It will be a 1-on-1 interview then if you pass the interview you'll go through to a group induction and start probably a week after that

They'll ask you who their rivals are, examples of when you've gave good customer service and to give examples of when you've worked in a team
When did u have yours?

Hey!

Just thought I'd let you know that I was rejected too. I was a deputy manager of a large busy betting shop for 3 years and worked at my local CAB for 7 months, but that still counted for nothing. The first thing they said to me was 'so you don't have any retail experience'; I knew from then on it was doomed. Maybe at 39, I just didn't fit the profile. Never mind.

Don't worry, there's probably something better round the corner for you :smile:
Reply 797
Original post by SeanWilliams92
It will be a 1-on-1 interview then if you pass the interview you'll go through to a group induction and start probably a week after that

They'll ask you who their rivals are, examples of when you've gave good customer service and to give examples of when you've worked in a team

yhh i already had my interview
Reply 798

I got the same email as you and i got this reply really quick
I got the same email as you and i got this reply really quick

Really?! That's was only like 5 days as well right?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending