The Student Room Group

Primark thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Original post by ramin99
i got my induction, on the 12th, my email says im on the till, i have kind of forgotten how to use a proper till, will i get taught this at induction..

I have never used one before...
Erm WELL i've had my induction
Reply 982
Original post by brown_sugar
Erm WELL i've had my induction

good for you :smile: can't wait for mine :smile:
Original post by G_S
good for you :smile: can't wait for mine :smile:

Its superrrt boring omg the longest day ever... HELL
Original post by ramin99
i got my induction, on the 12th, my email says im on the till, i have kind of forgotten how to use a proper till, will i get taught this at induction..

No, at least, I wasn't.

I have a separate day for till training but that's only for a couple of hours.

Check your retail operative offer letter document, it's number 7 on mine.
my induction was this boring-ass day about stuff like health and safety on the escalator and fire safety and other **** which you will never ever use but basically so you can't sue them

and then there was a whole load about how they don't use sweatshops

so glad i don't work there any more.
Reply 986
Sorry I didn't get that, number 7?
Original post by ramin99
Sorry I didn't get that, number 7?

You should've got an email telling you that you got the job with 3 documents attached to it.

On the document with your contracted hours go to the 7th bullet point and it should say your till training arrangements.

^ That's how mine is anyway.
Reply 988
Original post by NeonXIII
You should've got an email telling you that you got the job with 3 documents attached to it.

On the document with your contracted hours go to the 7th bullet point and it should say your till training arrangements.

No, there is no info regarding that all it says is that my department is ground floor cash desk, no training info is written' I used to use a till, but have forgotten, will they teach me at induction, could this affect my place, not being able to use till, when there?
Original post by ramin99
No, there is no info regarding that all it says is that my department is ground floor cash desk, no training info is written' I used to use a till, but have forgotten, will they teach me at induction, could this affect my place, not being able to use till, when there?

You may have a different kind of induction from the one I had then, so I'm not sure if they'll teach you there or not.

I doubt it'll affect your place, don't worry!
They'll have to teach you how to use their system at some point and don't be afraid to ask for help if for whatever reason they don't :smile:
Original post by pomme de terre
my induction was this boring-ass day about stuff like health and safety on the escalator and fire safety and other **** which you will never ever use but basically so you can't sue them

and then there was a whole load about how they don't use sweatshops

so glad i don't work there any more.

It gets repeated often as well while you work there

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 991
Original post by brown_sugar
Its superrrt boring omg the longest day ever... HELL

I love anything boring!! lool :smile: so have you get paid for it yet?
Reply 992
Original post by NeonXIII

going to check mine now
Reply 993
Original post by ramin99

same here...just induction. No till training?
Reply 994
I have an group interview for 9th july! :afraid:
What makes you think its a group interview? Its probably the same as what we all had. Its a one on one interview but lots of people turn up on the same day for the interview. You all watch a boring film about primark, then have a ten minute presentation and then go and speak with an interviewer one to one. Its nothing to worry about honestly.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 996
Original post by G_S
same here...just induction. No till training?

i hope this doesnt affect our place, but maybe at indcution they will teach us?
Reply 997
lol cause it says "group interview" in the email that i received.. but yeah i guess it will be the same process as everyone elses..
:smile: Lol, that explains it. I just checked back at the e mail they sent me and it didnt say group interview so maybe yours is different.Where is yours?
Reply 999
Original post by Bri27
I have an group interview for 9th july! :afraid:

I have it on the 9th too! But i was told its not going to be a group interview even though it says a group number. What time is your interview?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending