The Student Room Group

Primark thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1180
Original post by luky
Does anyone know how its like working at the current oxford street primark branch? !! What are the breaks like? also is it possible to change hours in induction?

The lady that was during the presentation at the interview day told us that we wont be able to change our hours. We have to stick with what we are given. :/
Reply 1181
Someone i know recieved a call from a guy who said he was head of recruitment at Primak and he told her they had over recruited and were calling/emailing some people who recieved the job to tell them that they dont have the job anymore :s
Would like to have some opinions, could this be a prank?? or has anyone else experienced this?
Original post by Angel-x
Someone i know recieved a call from a guy who said he was head of recruitment at Primak and he told her they had over recruited and were calling/emailing some people who recieved the job to tell them that they dont have the job anymore :s
Would like to have some opinions, could this be a prank?? or has anyone else experienced this?

A large company like primark wouldnt make a mistake as big as this. Did your friend get rejected when he got the call?
And Primark HR wouldnt have the time to call everyone. I'd think they would just send a generic reject email.
Plus if they overhired, people like me who have been waiting for a response would have recieved a reject email by now...

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
Reply 1183
Original post by muffinxchan
A large company like primark wouldnt make a mistake as big as this. Did your friend get rejected when he got the call?
And Primark HR wouldnt have the time to call everyone. I'd think they would just send a generic reject email.
Plus if they overhired, people like me who have been waiting for a response would have recieved a reject email by now...

she actually got the job a few days ago and he was calling to tell her she was going to lose the job basically, she thought it may be genuine because he knew some details but just thought i'd post here and see, shes going to email the HR lady who emailed her about the job though so we'll see.
Also he must of said those who didnt recieve a reply were unlikely to get the job :s-smilie: if this is a prank its a very sick one
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Angel-x
she actually got the job a few days ago and he was calling to tell her she was going to lose the job basically, she thought it may be genuine because he knew some details but just thought i'd post here and see, shes going to email the HR lady who emailed her about the job though so we'll see.
Also he must of said those who didnt recieve a reply were unlikely to get the job :s-smilie: if this is a prank its a very sick one

Its an understanderble theory but like I said, its Primark. They've opened far bigger stores in the past 5 years so its highly likely they'd make such a huge mistake.

Original post by xAlice95
Cool thanks, I don't actually know who my manager is xP haha. But I'll ask my supervisor next time I go in cause he's pretty cool and isn't scary lol.

okay, cause like last Sunday was my first day and I ended up staying 20-25 mins extra till some man stood on top of the escalators and was like 'everyone can go home now' lol. How long did it take you till you felt confident and like you actually knew what you were doing? lol

Really, if you're not sure about anything, no matter how trivial it seems, just ask someone! They'll understand, all new people need to learn from someone, and hopefully your colleagues are as helpful and welcoming as mine were. When it's 5.15, you should definitely ask what time you're supposed to go, since staying back that late seems a bit unfair on you.

I felt confident on recovery after about 2/3 weekends, since it's just tidying up really. (It's annoying when they move everything round after you've memorised where everything goes though :unimpressed:) But it took me over a month before I would venture up to the stock room by myself, and I refused to take phone calls up until last week! Still, I guess it depends on your personality and confidence in general. I've been working there nearly 3 months and I definitely feel settled in now :smile:
Reply 1186
Original post by suncake
Really, if you're not sure about anything, no matter how trivial it seems, just ask someone! They'll understand, all new people need to learn from someone, and hopefully your colleagues are as helpful and welcoming as mine were. When it's 5.15, you should definitely ask what time you're supposed to go, since staying back that late seems a bit unfair on you.

I felt confident on recovery after about 2/3 weekends, since it's just tidying up really. (It's annoying when they move everything round after you've memorised where everything goes though :unimpressed:) But it took me over a month before I would venture up to the stock room by myself, and I refused to take phone calls up until last week! Still, I guess it depends on your personality and confidence in general. I've been working there nearly 3 months and I definitely feel settled in now :smile:

Yeah I mean the people I've spoke to and asked questions do seem nice, friendly and helpful, I just feel intimidated going up to them and asking cause they all look older than me 18, 19ish and they always seem to be standing talking in groups and it makes me feel young and stupid! haha. But I'm sure I'll be fine in a few weeks :P and I'll make sure I ask the questions I want to know this weekend! lol.

I can see how it would be annoying them moving everything around...it took me forever to put stuff back last sunday cause I could never find where anything went! But I kinda think of recovery like tidying your bedroom when it's really messy and unorganised but having someone messing it back up the minute you turn your back! lol. Hopefully it won't take me too long to settle in properly :smile: Thanks for your help :biggrin: x
Reply 1187
Original post by Parishanice
Anyone working on the ground floor women's department?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

i am!! its a shame because i wanted to work on tills/fitting room because thats the most fun sections i've worked in but hopefully it won't be too bad. My induction day is the 21st july have you had yours?
Original post by zigbeswick
i am!! its a shame because i wanted to work on tills/fitting room because thats the most fun sections i've worked in but hopefully it won't be too bad. My induction day is the 21st july have you had yours?

Ooh okay, no my induction is on the 19th..

Hi every one :smile:
How do you know what department you'll be working in?
Are you told at induction? Or when you actually start the job? As all my contract says is "your department will be second floor cash desk" Does this mean I'll be working on a cash register?

Reply 1190
Original post by Love2Laugh
Hi every one :smile:
How do you know what department you'll be working in?
Are you told at induction? Or when you actually start the job? As all my contract says is "your department will be second floor cash desk" Does this mean I'll be working on a cash register?

Yeah i think that does mean cash register because i've got the same, if you were put anywhere else they would say because my friend got the kids department. I think they are going to tell us at induction or later on when we actually start the job! hope i've helped :smile:
Original post by yeliz.
Yeah i think that does mean cash register because i've got the same, if you were put anywhere else they would say because my friend got the kids department. I think they are going to tell us at induction or later on when we actually start the job! hope i've helped :smile:

Thanks Hun!
What store will you be working at? And when is your induction? I'm going to be working in both the Oxford street east and Oxford street west branches and my induction is next week Monday (16th July)

Reply 1192
Original post by Love2Laugh
Thanks Hun!
What store will you be working at? And when is your induction? I'm going to be working in both the Oxford street east and Oxford street west branches and my induction is next week Monday (16th July)

no prob :smile: everyones contracted for both stores but we'll be mainly in the east! The other store is only if they need us etc, my induction is this saturday! But my friends one is on the 16th too
It shouldnt be too bad.
I talked about korean music in mine...

Reply 1194
Original post by muffinxchan
It shouldnt be too bad.
I talked about korean music in mine...

lol my sister talked about golf!
you are being paranoid, but whether you said cant be arsed or cant be asked, why on earth did you say 'cant be asked'? what does that even mean? i mean, ive never said that before in any context
okay well hopefully you get this job, but remember for your next interview you cant show slang like this, it makes candidates look really immature, and uneducated
I was talking about team work and I mentioned that I helped create and promote events for kpop lol

Reply 1198
Do we sign contract during induction?
Reply 1199
Everyone needs money :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending