The Student Room Group

Primark thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1580
Got the job at Primark! :woo: :woo:
Have my induction on Saturday, 10am - 7pm! :O What on earth would warrant such a long induction?! Anybody who has done this then what to expect would be greatly appreciated :smile:
Original post by _Katie_
Have my induction on Saturday, 10am - 7pm! :O What on earth would warrant such a long induction?! Anybody who has done this then what to expect would be greatly appreciated :smile:

That is a long induction :tongue:
Mine was from 10 til 2 when I had it!
We just had to sign contracts, get our badges, go through all the rules and procedures, have a tour of the store, etc... :smile:
Reply 1582
Original post by Alotties
That is a long induction :tongue:
Mine was from 10 til 2 when I had it!
We just had to sign contracts, get our badges, go through all the rules and procedures, have a tour of the store, etc... :smile:

ah so yours was nice and short then! I can't imagine why it's so long, 9 whole hours! how many people were at your induction day? Did you have to do any awkward ice breaker games? :redface:
Reply 1583
Original post by _Katie_

I had a really long induction too! We did ice breakers and then watched some boring long slideshows on health and safety, dress code, background to primark etc. The slideshows took up most of the time :/
We also had to make a poster on either a good employee or a bad employee. They also made us sign our contracts and we got our name badges. The last thing we had to do was scan our hand in order to clock in. It was reaaalllyy long but if you've got the patience then you should be fine :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by _Katie_
ah so yours was nice and short then! I can't imagine why it's so long, 9 whole hours! how many people were at your induction day? Did you have to do any awkward ice breaker games? :redface:

There were 10 people at mine, and we didn't do any games, or watch any videos like the person above. We barely got introduced to each other seeing as we ended up working in different departments anyway.
We literally sat at a table for 3hrs signing forms, reading the employee guidebook thingy, had a break for 20 mins then had a tour for 40mins or so :tongue:
Reply 1585
Original post by Msimz123
I had a really long induction too! We did ice breakers and then watched some boring long slideshows on health and safety, dress code, background to primark etc. The slideshows took up most of the time :/
We also had to make a poster on either a good employee or a bad employee. They also made us sign our contracts and we got our name badges. The last thing we had to do was scan our hand in order to clock in. It was reaaalllyy long but if you've got the patience then you should be fine :smile:

ah okay, cheers for giving me the heads up :smile: What were the ice breakers like? :redface:

There were 10 people at mine, and we didn't do any games, or watch any videos like the person above. We barely got introduced to each other seeing as we ended up working in different departments anyway.
We literally sat at a table for 3hrs signing forms, reading the employee guidebook thingy, had a break for 20 mins then had a tour for 40mins or so :tongue:

3 hours signing forms, blimey that sounds like a lot of paperwork :/ cheers for the info! :smile:
Just filled out an application form for a weekday retail operative ^^ Anyone know how long it'll take for them to get back to me - if they're going to? :smile:
They've sent an email round about padlocks. It should be 50 mm

yes, I Saw The E-mail But Was Hoping They Made A Mistake As An 50MM Padlock Is Quite Huge
Reply 1588
Original post by Love2Laugh
yes, I Saw The E-mail But Was Hoping They Made A Mistake As An 50MM Padlock Is Quite Huge

Yeah its massive but im sure they tried it on the lockers before sending emails out.

Reply 1589
Yeah its massive but im sure they tried it on the lockers before sending emails out.

Does anyone remember which floor the girls locker rooms are in ? (oxford street east)
Reply 1590
Original post by luky
Does anyone remember which floor the girls locker rooms are in ? (oxford street east)

Yup 4th floor

I've worked at a new store opening for around 2/3 weeks and am hoping to book a Sunday off (I'm a weekender) for early October. Is this likely? Also, who do I need to speak to please?

Hey does anyone know anything about this email payslip thing?

Also, been working on the wrong floor in the wrong department for a week but it should be okay as long as I'm in the department when it opens tomorrow...no one has seemed to notice...
Reply 1593
Hi has anyone applied for weekend Christmas job at primark? I applied for the bullring birmingham store a while ago and have not heard anything back. has anyone else?
Original post by miss_fashionista
you had really hard questions, what role did you apply for?

Have you done you 5 week and 10 weekk review if you have can you please tell me what PRIDE of PRIMARK stands for
I have been working there for a few months and I wear creepers and no one has ever mentioned it to me :tongue:

coul you pleasetell me what thepride in pride of primark stands for
Original post by chikane
sorry should have phrased it a bit better, im currently working there been there for 9 months and us girls can wear cardigans but was wondering if anyone wears v-neck jumpers i know the lads can but wanted to know if girls could too. :smile:

could you please tell me what the pride in pride of primark stands for please
Original post by LEIGH BENNETT

:confused: i never knew that existed lol...umm i think it means delivering exceptional customer service always, going the extra mile

http://www.servest.co.uk/default.aspx?nid=26

Found this i think it means finding the best primark store the ones who give customers good shopping experience
coul you pleasetell me what thepride in pride of primark stands for

I don't have a clue sorry!
I think it's something new that primark are pushing.
I've seen posters in the staff room about it though.
Reply 1599

Prepared, react, interested, determined, and excel.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending