The Student Room Group

What kind of paid jobs are available on Campus?

I need to find something to do quickly... I need to find extra £600 in the first term to fund my accomodation.
I have no idea how Student Finance structured my payments, the majority of my loan is tied up in the last term.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
Original post by ken2
I need to find something to do quickly... I need to find extra £600 in the first term to fund my accomodation.
I have no idea how Student Finance structured my payments, the majority of my loan is tied up in the last term.

Probably helps if you told us which University you're going to
Typical work would be shop, restaurant and bar work.
Original post by ken2

Same as everyone, it's because they include the summer break as where that money is needed.

Original post by Tpx
Typical work would be shop, restaurant and bar work.

And this. Check your union website to see if they have a recruitment page.
Reply 4
Lot of unis pay people to work as ambassadors on Open Days and so on.
Argee with the above. Become a student ambassador. Great way to earn lots of money without having to be committed to working a certain amount of hours and a great thing to put on your CV when you are looking for work. I did it at my uni and I earned lots of money, got lots of work experience which helped me to get my job

Also some uni do psychology or other types of experiments (a few of the london unis do them) which you can also join and do to earn extra cash when you need it.

These two things is how I survived uni for 4 years
Reply 6
Original post by SirMasterKey
Same as everyone, it's because they include the summer break as where that money is needed.

And this. Check your union website to see if they have a recruitment page.

Didnt realise thats the norm:redface:

Reply 7
Original post by Chrisateen
Argee with the above. Become a student ambassador. Great way to earn lots of money without having to be committed to working a certain amount of hours and a great thing to put on your CV when you are looking for work. I did it at my uni and I earned lots of money, got lots of work experience which helped me to get my job

Also some uni do psychology or other types of experiments (a few of the london unis do them) which you can also join and do to earn extra cash when you need it.

These two things is how I survived uni for 4 years

What does being a Student Ambassador entail?

Original post by ken2

Showing people around the university and stuff like that really. If you went on a campus tour before you joined a student ambassador would have done it.
Reply 9
Original post by SirMasterKey
Showing people around the university and stuff like that really. If you went on a campus tour before you joined a student ambassador would have done it.

Thats alright:smile:

Original post by ken2

Well it depends on the university what sort of thing you actually do but a student amasador just works on events that aim to promote the university. These includes working at Open Days, HE Fairs, Various events in which a local school visits for a day, mentoring or tutoring kids in local schools in London and many more.

How much events you do is really up to you as at my uni they email all the student ambassadors about a job and then you email back if you want to do it.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my LG-P990
Original post by ken2

dont know if this is the case for others, but at my uni (UEA) they offer the majority of paid work to 2nd years+ and they dont advertise the vacancies til March, but the sort of jobs they offered were- shop work, bar work, cooking for bands (as we have a lot play on campus), driving to places (car required). 1st years were allowed to become ambassadors though, and they sent us an email about it in freshers. Might be worth looking at the shops in town as well.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending