The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff rent

Hi guys I am starting a computer programming course next September 2024. I am hoping to move into Cardiff early February or march to give me some time to get used living in Cardiff again as I lived there before during my uni times.

My plan is to get a temporary job, in Cardiff whilst renting a flat I’d prefer to live on my own. Live in my current flat until I start my new course and stay in a uni accommodation might have to be a house share. From previous job the money I saved up and use that for my flat in Cardiff until I move into a student house share accommodation and plus use part of my tuition fees to cover that part of rent.

But just needs some advice if it was difficult having a job and doing university was to stressful to keep up with rent?
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi guys I am starting a computer programming course next September 2024. I am hoping to move into Cardiff early February or march to give me some time to get used living in Cardiff again as I lived there before during my uni times.

My plan is to get a temporary job, in Cardiff whilst renting a flat I’d prefer to live on my own. Live in my current flat until I start my new course and stay in a uni accommodation might have to be a house share. From previous job the money I saved up and use that for my flat in Cardiff until I move into a student house share accommodation and plus use part of my tuition fees to cover that part of rent.

But just needs some advice if it was difficult having a job and doing university was to stressful to keep up with rent?

Hi there,

Just to check, you're asking about balancing a job and university to cover living costs? I rely on a combination of a student loan and part-time work. This is challenging but doable if you time your days right, it's more helpful if you have a flexible job. Do you know what kind of job you'd get?

All the best,
Jaz - Cardiff student rep
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by CardiffUni Rep
Hi there,

Just to check, you're asking about balancing a job and university to cover living costs? I rely on a combination of a student loan and part-time work. This is challenging but doable if you time your days right, it's more helpful if you have a flexible job. Do you know what kind of job you'd get?

All the best,

I will be looking start my course next so possibly moving to a house share accommodation if like to work part time as I can only due part time because of uni. however I currently have a job so I am saving up for that so it can cover part of the rent plus student loan so I should be comfortable.

But type I’d be looking is maybe somewhere on the campus as they should have like a coffee bar in campus as I’d like serve coffee. Or bartender either both sounds good to me. But yeah those types of jobs I be looking into if there any near off campus.
Original post by CardiffUni Rep
Hi there,

All the best,

Hi,

This is really common. I'd recommend checking out Jobshop once you enrol - it's the university employment service and is great for a well-paid flexible job. Alternatively, once rolled, contact the SU for a job here.

I hope this helps 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending