The Student Room Group

Adjustment 2012 - Everything you need to know

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lp94
Oh okay. Hahaha, thanks! Yeah we did! Have a brilliant time at B'ham. :banana:

No problem!! and thanks you have an amazing time at Durham University!! wish you all the best..thanks for all the help and I hope I've helped you with your application :smile: :biggrin: woop woop! *party time* thehe got soo much to sort out!!
Original post by oxymoronic
No, this is completely wrong - what UCAS have told you and also what York have told you.

If you have registered for adjustment then THE UNIVERSITY has to add you as an adjustment choice on track. It will then show as an adjustment accept offer on track - you do not need to do anything at all. The guy at UCAS is plain wrong, end of story. What you think should happen is correct.

This is exactly what I am looking for, thank you so much!
Original post by sweatypig
This is exactly what I am looking for, thank you so much!

We're getting lots of reports from applicants that they're getting completely incorrect information from UCAS and universities about how to get an adjustment place. This is completely unacceptable and we will be following it up after the confirmation period has ended.

But in as far as your issue, you may have to guide the university through accepting you yourself. What you think should happen is what should happen!

When a university has accepted you as an adjustment candidate, track will look like this:

adjustment.png
Reply 183
Original post by Zainchawdry
Firm uni: SOAS
Offer Grades: AAA
Course: Law
Actual Grades: A*AA
Uni/s applied to through Adjustment: LSE, UCL, Warwick, Kings College London
Offer/s received: Kings College London for History/English/Geography - Law Department are going to get back to me
Offer accepted: None yet
How easy/straightforward was it: Fairly straightforward, you ask for any vacancies in your desired course, and they say yes or no, simples.
Your reaction: Meh

Have KCL got back to you for Law yet?
Never in my wildest dreams did I expect to receive the results I did which is why I am considering adjustment. I got A*AA and was accepted by my firm Sussex to study Sociology and Politics. Just looking for some advice on whether or not clearing is worthwhile for me and the types of institutions that have adjustment places.
Original post by stripey_polka_dot
Never in my wildest dreams did I expect to receive the results I did which is why I am considering adjustment. I got A*AA and was accepted by my firm Sussex to study Sociology and Politics. Just looking for some advice on whether or not clearing is worthwhile for me and the types of institutions that have adjustment places.

There aren't adjustment lists so its just a case of speaking to the universities. We contacted all of the Russell Group and some others yesterday and this is what we got back: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Universities_offering_places_through_adjustment
Sorry if this has been asked before, but is it possible to apply for adjustment at a university that originally rejected you?
Original post by lettucesoap
Sorry if this has been asked before, but is it possible to apply for adjustment at a university that originally rejected you?

Yes :yes:
Reply 188
I confirmed my acceptance of a place through adjustment and the university has told me that they have made it known to UCAS. When will the details be displayed in the 'choices' section on Track? I've been waiting for over 6 hours now...
Does anyone know how long it takes for ucas to update for adjustment.

I had been accepted an I have confirmed for a place at uni of birmingham but it's been a whole day and my ucas hasn't changed!!!?! Bit worried now!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by lp94
I've clicked 'Register for Adjustment' and it told me my Track page would update within the hour, and now there is no 'Register' button so I'm assuming it has worked.

Mine did that to, so I assume that's whats meant to happen!

Reply 191
I cant see the changes about Adjustment , I got the place from uni by the phone and I was said that they put me into the system but I still dont see any changes in my UCAS about my new place.... worryyyyyyyyyyyy
Reply 192
Original post by Monsterseatcake

I had been accepted an I have confirmed for a place at uni of birmingham but it's been a whole day and my ucas hasn't changed!!!?! Bit worried now!

I am exactly in the same situation,today morning I got my new place from the uni by the phone,but I dont see any update and changes in my UCAS,,im so worry :frown:
Reply 193
Original post by Sem193
Firm uni: Exeter
Offer Grades: AAB
Course: Law and European Legal Studies
Actual Grades: A*AAB at the moment (I'm getting some papers remarked)
Uni/s applied to through Adjustment: Only Durham :smile:
Offer/s received? Durham for Combined Honours in Arts (Philosophy, Spanish and Italian methinks)
Offer accepted? Same as the above.
How easy/straightforward was it? I think it was straightforward. I even changed courses without no hassle. I just got a phone call and had a nice talk with one of the admissions tutors. I hate talking on the phone, but it was fine. I kept on stressing out when I didn't need to as well.
Your reaction: I'm ecstatic and cannot actually believe that I'm going to the university of Durham. I thought they would reject me for some reason. I'm also kind of scared because I don't know what to expect when I get to Durham. I'm relieved that I don't have to keep checking my emails and track as well.

Can you please tell me what did you discuss with the tutor? I mean it was like an interview or it was about the conditions of the offer? I'm expecting a similar call and I don't know what to expect so it would be really helpful.
Reply 194
Original post by SamD94
I confirmed my acceptance of a place through adjustment and the university has told me that they have made it known to UCAS. When will the details be displayed in the 'choices' section on Track? I've been waiting for over 6 hours now...

exactly in the same situation and so worry :frown:
Reply 195
Original post by Psilloo
Can you please tell me what did you discuss with the tutor? I mean it was like an interview or it was about the conditions of the offer? I'm expecting a similar call and I don't know what to expect so it would be really helpful.

I kind of have a bad memory and I was half asleep when they called, but I remember the gist of things. The admissions tutor asked me why I wanted to study Philosophy and Languages instead of Law. I talked about how I'm more interested in Languages and Philosophy than Law and how my interest in Philosophy actually stemmed from my interest in Philosophy. He asked me what my offer was for Exeter and explained how the Combined Honours in Arts course worked. He probably said more because we talked for over 10 minutes. He was really nice and we had some laughs. Good luck!
Original post by Potally_Tissed
Yes :yes:

Thank you!! :smile:
Original post by Monsterseatcake

Original post by dory335
I cant see the changes about Adjustment , I got the place from uni by the phone and I was said that they put me into the system but I still dont see any changes in my UCAS about my new place.... worryyyyyyyyyyyy

Original post by dory335
I am exactly in the same situation,today morning I got my new place from the uni by the phone,but I dont see any update and changes in my UCAS,,im so worry :frown:

I wouldn't worry about it. If you were giving an offer for adjustment, you accepted it and they have said they've put your details into the system, then UCAS will update with it eventually. Contact your adjustment universities just to confirm their decision.
Original post by Minerva
And when you've done that, you'll need to submit a Change of Circumstances form to Student Finance, so that your loans are processed in good time.

I called student finance and they told me that there is no form required...you just go online and change the course...? So I take it that that part of your post is incorrect...? Could you help clarrify this please, thank you.
Original post by TheSelfAcknowleged
I called student finance and they told me that there is no form required...you just go online and change the course...? So I take it that that part of your post is incorrect...? Could you help clarrify this please, thank you.

As of this year you can make most changes to your student finance application onlne through your SFE profile.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending