The Student Room Group

Adjustment 2012 - Everything you need to know

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
It might be crazy but has anyone tried to get into LSE through adjustment for Econ or Econ and Maths course? I couldn't contact them through phone:frown:I am an international student and have already exceeded Warwick requirement for studying Econ :s-smilie:
Original post by sophianth
It might be crazy but has anyone tried to get into LSE through adjustment for Econ or Econ and Maths course? I couldn't contact them through phone:frown:I am an international student and have already exceeded Warwick requirement for studying Econ :s-smilie:

LSE have confirmed to us that they're not taking anyone through Adjustment :no: A list of unis we know are and aren't taking people in Adjustment is here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Universities_offering_places_through_adjustment
Reply 102
Original post by Potally_Tissed
LSE have confirmed to us that they're not taking anyone through Adjustment :no: A list of unis we know are and aren't taking people in Adjustment is here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Universities_offering_places_through_adjustment

Ok! Thank you!:smile:
Adjustment is doing my head in! Considering places are allocated on a first come first serve basis this is not good enough!!
Original post by Batchelora
Adjustment is doing my head in! Considering places are allocated on a first come first serve basis this is not good enough!!

What's the problem? :smile:
Reply 105
what time is adjustment and clearing becoming available or is it on me that cant access it?
Original post by Elle_6
what time is adjustment and clearing becoming available or is it on me that cant access it?

It should be available now. Try logging out then back in, and doing a full refresh (ctrl+F5).
i got a*a*b and needed 3 as, is that exceeding my offeR?
Original post by brighteyes123
i got a*a*b and needed 3 as, is that exceeding my offeR?

Sort of, but as it's not meeting your offer, you're not eligible for Adjustment. You need to both meet and exceed the offer to be eligible.
Reply 109
Original post by ToyosiBaby
I suggest that you call again like a bit later because some people just talk...also...I think it's best to do so because you may get someone else who may be able to help you further

They just called me back and said they want to consider me for a place but I have to apply through Clearing, and Track has crashed!
Reply 110
Original post by lp94
They just called me back and said they want to consider me for a place but I have to apply through Clearing, and Track has crashed!

Some thing happened to me! I had an email though and was told to email their clearing address. I can't log onto track though either :/
Reply 111
Original post by Sem193
Some thing happened to me! I had an email though and was told to email their clearing address. I can't log onto track though either :/

Ah, cool! What do you mean email their clearing address? Have you done this?
Reply 112
Original post by lp94
Ah, cool! What do you mean email their clearing address? Have you done this?

I really didn't want to say 'email their clearing email address' because it sounded weird, but they gave me their clearing email address. This is the email they sent me:

Good evening,

Thank you for your phone call earlier today enquiring about the possibility of Adjustment. Please email [email protected]. The university will then email you with essential instructions to help you apply.

Please understand that this is not a guarantee of a place. Referring yourself to Adjustment per the university instructions is a very important detail that you must do as soon as possible if you wish to have the possibility of having your application considered.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

With best wishes,

Tara

The other email I've sent hasn't been replied to.

Edit: I love your Sawyer picture :smile: I've been meaning to say this to you for ages!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 113
Original post by Sem193
I really didn't want to say 'email their clearing email address' because it sounded weird, but they gave me their clearing email address. This is the email they sent me:

The other email I've sent hasn't been replied to.

Edit: I love your Sawyer picture :smile: I've been meaning to say this to you for ages!

Ohhh. It doesn't sound weird, why does it sound weird?! Haha. Yeah, after the phonecall, they said they would email me instructions to apply and it's pretty much the same as yours:

We would like to consider an application from you through UCAS Clearing or Adjustment. You will need to refer yourself through Clearing after the scheme opens at 5pm on Thursday 16th August.
To do this, you will need to select the institution and the course. You may find that you are not able to select these from the relevant drop down lists and will instead, need to type in the information. Our institution code is D86. You will find the correct course code on our website, on the UCAS website, or in our prospectus.
You will be asked to submit a Campus Code. You should select either O for open in Durham City or S for open at Queens’ Campus.
An offer to you through Clearing or Adjustment will be subject to remaining places being available when we receive your application. We therefore recommend that you refer yourself to us through Clearing as soon as possible.
If you experience any difficulties in doing this, please contact us on this email address ([email protected]) or telephone us on 0191 3346280.

It's driving me crazy not being able to do it! I might just ring them because she said I could have done it over the phone if I wanted to. I'm too awkward on the phone so I said no :colondollar:

Ahhaaa, another Sawyer fan, yaaaay. I love him a lot. Especially when he wears his glasses. :biggrin:
Reply 114
Finally after a day of phone calls and worrying, i got an offer from York!
Reply 115
Original post by lp94
Ohhh. It doesn't sound weird, why does it sound weird?! Haha. Yeah, after the phonecall, they said they would email me instructions to apply and it's pretty much the same as yours:

We would like to consider an application from you through UCAS Clearing or Adjustment. You will need to refer yourself through Clearing after the scheme opens at 5pm on Thursday 16th August.
To do this, you will need to select the institution and the course. You may find that you are not able to select these from the relevant drop down lists and will instead, need to type in the information. Our institution code is D86. You will find the correct course code on our website, on the UCAS website, or in our prospectus.
You will be asked to submit a Campus Code. You should select either O for open in Durham City or S for open at Queens’ Campus.
An offer to you through Clearing or Adjustment will be subject to remaining places being available when we receive your application. We therefore recommend that you refer yourself to us through Clearing as soon as possible.
If you experience any difficulties in doing this, please contact us on this email address ([email protected]) or telephone us on 0191 3346280.

It's driving me crazy not being able to do it! I might just ring them because she said I could have done it over the phone if I wanted to. I'm too awkward on the phone so I said no :colondollar:

Ahhaaa, another Sawyer fan, yaaaay. I love him a lot. Especially when he wears his glasses. :biggrin:

I just sounds weird to me :colondollar: I think you're more likely to be offered a place than me by the sounds of that email. I really want them to email me the instructions :/ How will we be able to apply through adjustment when we still have our firm and insurance as unconditional? Don't you have to decline your offers or something for Clearing?

I do love me some Sawyer...but I love Matthew Fox more :redface: Not necessarily Jack though :wink: I really wished that Ana Lucia had gotten with Sawyer because that would have been very interesting :biggrin:
Reply 116
Original post by Sem193
I just sounds weird to me :colondollar: I think you're more likely to be offered a place than me by the sounds of that email. I really want them to email me the instructions :/ How will we be able to apply through adjustment when we still have our firm and insurance as unconditional? Don't you have to decline your offers or something for Clearing?

I do love me some Sawyer...but I love Matthew Fox more :redface: Not necessarily Jack though :wink: I really wished that Ana Lucia had gotten with Sawyer because that would have been very interesting :biggrin:

I doubt that, the emails are very similar so I think we have equal chances :biggrin: Well I was thinking that - I rang them just now and they said they'd send me another email, so they did and this is what it said: Further to previous correspondence, if you are eligible for, and wish to be considered through Adjustment please simply reply to this email agreeing that you would like us to consider accepting you for Adjustment. There is no need to do anything on UCAS Track as previously stated. Apologies for any inconvenience.

Very strange. They've either done this because Track is down or because they realised Adjustment people can't apply in the same way as Clearing people. I've replied to it but haven't heard back yet. This is so tense! I hope you hear something soon, good luck!

And nah, I'm not a massive fan of Jack. I love Kate and Sawyer together.
Edit: And I loathe Juliet with a passion :dry:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 117
Original post by justn1c2
Finally after a day of phone calls and worrying, i got an offer from York!

Congrats! :hifro:
Reply 118
Original post by lp94
I doubt that, the emails are very similar so I think we have equal chances :biggrin: Well I was thinking that - I rang them just now and they said they'd send me another email, so they did and this is what it said: Further to previous correspondence, if you are eligible for, and wish to be considered through Adjustment please simply reply to this email agreeing that you would like us to consider accepting you for Adjustment. There is no need to do anything on UCAS Track as previously stated. Apologies for any inconvenience.

Very strange. They've either done this because Track is down or because they realised Adjustment people can't apply in the same way as Clearing people. I've replied to it but haven't heard back yet. This is so tense! I hope you hear something soon, good luck!

And nah, I'm not a massive fan of Jack. I love Kate and Sawyer together :rolleyes:

Did you call the department? I've called about 4 times and there's no one there. I'm going to leave them a message, but I have to find my mobile first :s-smilie: I've registered for track 3 times today because it keeps on saying I have to register every time I log on WHEN I can log on, that is. What course are you applying for? Keep me updated :smile:

I dislike Kate with a passion :smile:
Reply 119
Original post by Sem193
Did you call the department? I've called about 4 times and there's no one there. I'm going to leave them a message, but I have to find my mobile first :s-smilie: I've registered for track 3 times today because it keeps on saying I have to register every time I log on WHEN I can log on, that is. What course are you applying for? Keep me updated :smile:

I dislike Kate with a passion :smile:

Yeah, the English department. They've been quite good, I've spoken to the same woman three or four times today. Whaat? Register for Track?! What do you mean? I can't get on it at all, I'm so stressed out! I'm applying for English or English joint with Philosophy, whichever one has vacancies. Will do, and vice versa!

I don't really have an opinion on Kate as a character in her own right. I guess I'm not sure about her considering the whole Aaron thing, but I kind of like her because Sawyer likes her :wink2:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending