Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Glasgow uni 2013 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by munchen102
No I also applied for physics haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha, sorry, i misunderstood, but dont worry, they will contact you in a week, maybe.
Is Glasgow your firm choice? did you apply anywhere else ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Original post by eliza.anne
Congrats :smile: Hopefully they'll get in contact with me very soon! :smile:

Yeah, the deadline has passed, so they will reply you very soon. :smile: don't worry

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ryan.tran1509
haha, sorry, i misunderstood, but dont worry, they will contact you in a week, maybe.
Is Glasgow your firm choice? did you apply anywhere else ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, I have got my unconditional for aeronautical engineering, but haven't heard back from astro/theoretical physics!! Is you conditional ABB a-levels or Highers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 383
Original post by Shannon~
Hi, I just accepted my offer through UCAS :smile:

Aww I was worried I'd accidentally cancel my application, thanks!
I've just accepted an unconditional offer to study Philosophy and Mathematics at Glasgow and couldn't be more excited for starting in September! I'm also thinking about studying History in first year so if anyone is planning on taking any of these courses give me a shout. Cheers!
Reply 385
Original post by EuanAllison
I've just accepted an unconditional offer to study Philosophy and Mathematics at Glasgow and couldn't be more excited for starting in September! I'm also thinking about studying History in first year so if anyone is planning on taking any of these courses give me a shout. Cheers!

Hi! I accepted my unconditional for Psychology a few days ago now, I'm planning on studying Philosophy alongside it as well as Sociology. Hopefully see you there in September!
Reply 386
Received a conditional (ABB) offer for English literature earlier. Had my heart set on Glasgow and could not be any happier :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 387
Has anyone applied for maths at Glasgow? :smile:

Reply 388
Original post by whez

Oh oh, I did!

Reply 389
Original post by Reece:)
Oh oh, I did!

haha finally I'm not the only one! I got an offer for maths and management today, but Glasgow is about 500 miles from where I live -_-
Reply 390
Original post by whez
haha finally I'm not the only one! I got an offer for maths and management today, but Glasgow is about 500 miles from where I live -_-

Oh congrats :yy: what was your offer :biggrin:? I got an offer last week: unconditional :biggrin:! Awww really:frown:? Is it your first choice? I live about, Uhm 10miles away :tongue:?

Reply 391
No last! (as its so far away). But they want ABB, rather than AAB with an A in maths like all my other uni's! It's just such a daunting thought! haha you must like Glasgow then if your staying at home for Uni!
Reply 392
Original post by whez
No last! (as its so far away). But they want ABB, rather than AAB with an A in maths like all my other uni's! It's just such a daunting thought! haha you must like Glasgow then if your staying at home for Uni!

Ahhh! You should definately come to Glasgow! It's a great city and the nightlife is good :biggrin:! Well Glasgow is the only uni I've heard back from so far:frown: yes it's quite a good thing that it's so close :P definately considering!

I'm staying at home in Glasgow when I go to Uni, my reasoning is that why get yourself in a lot of debt (student loans etc) when you can stay rent free at home with student fees being paid by SAAS, ideal! I only like a bus ride away (I think haha)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 394
Haha alright for some, 9 grand a year for me and a long way from home!
Yea I was gunna ask about the nightlife! Someone told me it's all abit spread out?
Nah, a don't know if this is a realisable source but av been told Glasgow has either the 2nd or 3rd best nightlife in the UK! Well the studenty places are everywhere but in clusters if u get me! The west end (the nicer part) has a lot of nice bars etc but if you go more into the centre it has your clubbing and bars etc, there is A LOT on offer haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Shannon~
Hi! I accepted my unconditional for Psychology a few days ago now, I'm planning on studying Philosophy alongside it as well as Sociology. Hopefully see you there in September!

Sounds brilliant! Are you planning on staying in halls for first year or are you a Glasgow local?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by whez

I have an unconditional for Maths :biggrin: Probs gonna firm it aswell :smile:
Reply 398
Is anyone going to the engineering open day on 13th feb??
Reply 399
Original post by Farwa
Is anyone going to the engineering open day on 13th feb??
How did you find out about the open day. I have conditional for mechanical engineering european but no mention of an open day?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending