Glasgow uni 2013 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
[deleted]
(edited 11 years ago)
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
HELP!!Hey guys i got a conditional offer for physiology. but my conditions are that im considered an international student. but im indirectly not.. if i contact them will it ruin my chances; will my offer be withdrawn??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tinkyywinkyy
HELP!!Hey guys i got a conditional offer for physiology. but my conditions are that im considered an international student. but im indirectly not.. if i contact them will it ruin my chances; will my offer be withdrawn??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where are you from? If you're from the UK or EU then you should be considered for the same fees as people in EU/UK. You have the right to email them and explain that there is a mistake somewhere. Maybe when you applied you didn't fill in your details correctly. I know other people who had that problem, your application won't be withdrawn, of course.
Reply 583
hey is anyone going to the applicants visit day for history of art?
Reply 584
Original post by Apelsinke
Cool! What is your course?

English Lit, so excited! Will you be firming as well? Which course have you applied for? :smile:
Original post by Loz-ox
English Lit, so excited! Will you be firming as well? Which course have you applied for? :smile:

I have just made Glasgow as my inscurance, because I have received an offer from Edinburgh. I've applied for Genetics! : )
I have offers from Glasgow and Edinburgh and don't know which to choose! Any advice would be appreciated, particularly people who know the cities considering I'm from northern England and don't know either of the places that well. Thanks !

btw I can't put them both down because they have given me the same conditional offer :/
Reply 587
Hi everyone! Has anybody had an interview for nursing so far? If so, what was it like? :smile:
Reply 588
Original post by STP
Hi everyone! Has anybody had an interview for nursing so far? If so, what was it like? :smile:

Yep :smile:

It was alright actually, just a fairly informal interview with a member of staff and a fourth year student. Nothing unexpected, try not to worry, they are lovely :smile:
Reply 589
Original post by Gnome :)
Yep :smile:

It was alright actually, just a fairly informal interview with a member of staff and a fourth year student. Nothing unexpected, try not to worry, they are lovely :smile:

Thank you very much! May I only ask if there's any preparation needed?
:smile:
Reply 590
Original post by STP
Thank you very much! May I only ask if there's any preparation needed?
:smile:

No, it's more about checking your understanding of the course and the reality of nursing (i.e. don't say you love how it looks on Casualty!)

Still waiting to hear back though- they don't give out offers until interviews are over... Hopefully this month! Although would be interesting if they can give you a more exact date? They must be nearly over now!

When is yours?
Conditional offer for physics!
Reply 592
Original post by teddypicker1
I have offers from Glasgow and Edinburgh and don't know which to choose! Any advice would be appreciated, particularly people who know the cities considering I'm from northern England and don't know either of the places that well. Thanks !

btw I can't put them both down because they have given me the same conditional offer :/

for what course?
Original post by yiannisk
for what course?

philosophy and politics
Original post by TicketyBox
I live in Glasgow and I'm 17. I suppose we'll be seeing more people doing our course on the Applicant's Day!

Did you go to the open day? I was pissed when there wasn't even a wee lecture for Business -_-

Just seen this dude. I didn't know there had been a proper open day!? Didn't think the applicants days were until this month!? Hmm. Did you enjoy it? :smile:
Reply 595
Hey! Is anyone firming (firmed) Glasgow?

Firmed :biggrin:
Reply 596
I have just made Glasgow as my inscurance, because I have received an offer from Edinburgh. I've applied for Genetics! : )

Congrats for both offers! :smile:
Original post by Loz-ox
Congrats for both offers! :smile:

Reply 598
Original post by Emzzy_x
Firmed :biggrin:

I've firmed Glasgow too! What course are you studying :smile:?
Original post by pmc:producer
Just seen this dude. I didn't know there had been a proper open day!? Didn't think the applicants days were until this month!? Hmm. Did you enjoy it? :smile:

Yeah it was an open day in September. I think it's different from an applicant day because applicant days are just for people with offers, aren't they?

But naw, I just came by and saw there were loads of little stalls for each subject and you could go up and ask about them but for most subjects they put on a little informative lecture. There were lectures for loads of stuff but not Business. :confused: I spent the rest of the Open Day in Kelvingrove Museum looking at mummies and knights and stuff after I realised that.

The building looked cool though. People at my school were complaining about loads of stuck up kids at the open day, but I don't think it was bad.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending